Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65286 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2014, 01:56:40 pm »

Bill's tone hasn't changed, and he's having some trouble hiding a smile. "Giving it to you was my half of the deal, remember?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

"I don't remember you explicitly stating that... anyway, thank you. I'll be off."

Galia bids the others farewell and exits the alleyway, stumbling a bit as she walks.

Gather Information check to find out stuff about the elf.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2014, 06:47:20 pm »

The Blacksmith [[Ganron and Dereth]]

"I know how to use a blade, boy. Regardless of type." As if to emphasize this, he gave it a few practice twirls, testing the balance and feel of it in his own hands.

"If you truly wish to train, know that it will not be pleasant. I will not teach you to fight. I will not teach you to duel. These are not things I do."

"I will teach you how to kill, and more importantly, how to not get killed."

He gestured for him to pick up the sword.

"Now, while I prefer it, the sword is not the perfect weapon for everyone. I have some excess coin, and Arana will, of course, be perfectly willing to pay me back...we are going to the arms shops, and we are finding you a weapon that suits you. You may have a natural talent predisposed towards one or another. Many do, or at the very least find themselves unable to use some weapons. I dislike bows, for example."

As he spoke, he walked, the swordsman having no reason to believe Ganron wouldn't follow. If this is what there was to do now, this is what he would do. And Galia would owe him. Which could be handy...

Ganron did as you expected and followed you to the nearest armory. The weaponry on display was of a decent quality. Nothing quite as nice as Ganron’s sword, which you noticed seemed to be of a very sturdy make, yet serviceable.

Now it was only a matter of seeing what he was proficient in. Unsurprisingly he seemed to be a failure at each and every weapon type except the daggers which he handled like a master compared to his previous attempt at a throwing axe. Still, the fact of the matter was that his skill with the dagger was just a fact of practice. You could tell that using a dagger as his main offensive capability would be a waste. In fact, after a few more tests you deduced that Ganron could become very skilled with a Longsword and Shield combo. Unfortunately, you would need to build that from the ground up. He seemed almost afraid of hurting the blade.

Outside the Catacombs [[Rikkimaru, Harmony, Galia, Bill]]
Knowledge: Arcana: How could Jake + mass of Negative Energy = sentient Negative Energy?

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

Knowledge check for the same thing.

Spoiler: Galia (click to show/hide)

Gather Information check to find out stuff about the elf.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

Inwardly, the mercenary sighed, knowing that this was going to be frustrating as all get-out.

"Stop acting like it's going to bite you. As long as you care for your blade, and don't do stupid things with it, you will not break it. It is made of steel. You are made of flesh. Typical handling of blades may dull them, but I will teach you to keep your tools in good repair, as well."

He paid the armorer for one of the shield's that Ganron had seemed better suited to, and for two practice blades; wooden swords with lead in them and padding over the edges. They were meant to allow training and drills without causing injury, and the added weight increased arm strength. In a similar fashion, he weighted down the shield fairly heavily, and bought some purposefully heavy padded armor. He had an eye for prices, and he avoided spending a great deal of money on the items he purchased. As they walked, Ganron carrying the load('it will build strength', his new trainer said), he spoke.

"This will not be a pleasant thing, training. You understand that, yes?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

By the Witch Goddess... what had Jake done?
The gnome and... the Thing could wait. He had an apprentice to train first.
Wait for Zoe to return.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 05, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »

Inwardly, the mercenary sighed, knowing that this was going to be frustrating as all get-out.

"Stop acting like it's going to bite you. As long as you care for your blade, and don't do stupid things with it, you will not break it. It is made of steel. You are made of flesh. Typical handling of blades may dull them, but I will teach you to keep your tools in good repair, as well."

He paid the armorer for one of the shield's that Ganron had seemed better suited to, and for two practice blades; wooden swords with lead in them and padding over the edges. They were meant to allow training and drills without causing injury, and the added weight increased arm strength. In a similar fashion, he weighted down the shield fairly heavily, and bought some purposefully heavy padded armor. He had an eye for prices, and he avoided spending a great deal of money on the items he purchased. As they walked, Ganron carrying the load('it will build strength', his new trainer said), he spoke.

"This will not be a pleasant thing, training. You understand that, yes?"

Gathering up the required practice materials would be hard even in the best of times. Oddly enough you found everything you needed!

"Of course Master Dereth. I will do my best regardless."

"Ahem... Going somewhere?" the Blacksmith asked with a raised eyebrow.

Oh that's right... Money... Of which you had none.

Bill

Well that's nice, but it would likely be some time.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 05, 2014, 07:41:01 pm »

Having mostly gotten over the disorientation, Galia returns to the spot where Bill is and relays what she learned to him.
On top of that, she adds, "What do you say we find somewhere we could learn more about negative energy? We need to have some idea of what we're up against if we're going to face it."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 05, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

"Okay, sure. I've got some time to kill before Zoe gets back. Library or wizard?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 05, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »

"I'd say library."

Find a library.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 06, 2014, 10:39:22 pm »

The Blacksmith [[Dereth and Ganron]]

After fumbling around a bit you managed to find your coin purse and the ten gold neccesary to purchase two practice swords, a practice shield, and some practice armor. How delightful.

The Library [[Bill and Galia]]

It doesn't take long to find the library. While it nothing in comparison to the thousans upon thousands upon thousands of books in Jake's tower, it has a decent enough selection. Though the librarian, a strict looking dwarf, seems rather annoyed that you are in his establishment. In fact, you are the only one here. Best get to searching.

Outside the Catacombs [[Rikkimaru and Harmony]]

So...

Somewhere near the barracks [[Illandrial]]

Some jerk bumps into you as you continue walking away from the barracks. However when you put your hands in your pocket you notice a note:

Quote from: The Note
We've been watching you. You disregarded our orders and attempted to rat us out to the guard. Your delivery method was so poor, however, that no one is even looking at it. You're lucky this is the case. You have one last chance to work for the guild. Meet our contact at the center of town by noon today. Otherwise you have until nightfall to leave town.

Eldrix. Drop the paper now. If you value your hand.

and yet again the paper explodes into a ball of flame. They certainly enjoy their exploding paper...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:17 pm »

"I... guess we'd better get looking."

Find any books with information in them about negative energy, the planes, or, preferably, both.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 07, 2014, 02:24:59 am »

Tail the messenger.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 07, 2014, 05:49:05 pm »

The Library [[Galia and Bill]]

[Search: 15+1+2] It doesn't take long for the two of you to find several books that deal in the planes. Unfortunately most of these books are ancient and filled with errors [One even claims that there is a plane dealing entirely with mechanical properties. Obviously the ravings of a mad-man]. Others are a bit more useful, detailing various types of fiends and elementals. Some books are very specific on the plane they examine such as "Lavius: The Plane of Elemental Fire" or "Travels in the Abyss" both of which are penned by Wotan the Guardian. Wotan... The name sound familiar. Still, it takes quite some time before the two of you find even a mention of the negative energy plane: "The Negative Energy Plane [Also referred to by some as Oblivion] possesses no life and none who have attempted to enter have survived. A great many divinations have been cast upon the plane. It is empty, featureless, and useful for nothing." Found within Planar Introductions: A Cursory Glance at the Planes by Wotan the Guardian.

Tail the messenger.

[Spot: 10+7] You almost lose the person who placed the letter in your pocket immediately, but your eyes are sharper than their skills. You begin trailing them. [Hide: 11+13] Apparently the young man, or woman as you aren't quite sure yet, isn't new to this sort of thing as they constantly look backwards in an attempt to find you. Poor fool doesn't understand that you should be less obvious in your glances however. It takes you only four minutes before the youth steps inside of an orphanage.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62