Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65281 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 04, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »

"A voice... this changes everything. There's some sort of active communication between you and it?! Tell me exactly what it's saying!"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2014, 11:37:47 pm »

Galia sits down and tries to recover from the general mental shock she's faced over the past couple minutes.

"It's... it's a little hazy... something like... 'stop panicking... unless you attempt to take what is mine, we can be friends... I would hate to hurt my parents...'"

Galia rests her head in her hands. She was not used to having such a clouded mind.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2014, 11:50:59 pm »

Negative energy... "My parents"... Whatever they had created had inherited Jake's subtlety, that's for sure.
"Ask it... Ask it where it's staying these days. Tell it its father wants to pay it a visit and have a chat about its life choices."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2014, 11:55:36 pm »

"O... kay... voice, if you can still hear me, y... your father wants to know where you're at... so he can drop by and have a chat."

"And your mother would appreciate it if you stopped messing with her head."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2014, 12:00:51 am »

Spoiler: Galia (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:19 am »

"Ah... alright... it says to speak to the gnome and that Zoe has visiting rights. It also says that the town belongs to it, so I recommend getting out of here as soon as we can."

"And for the love of Jee Was or whatever the hell it is you worship, don't touch the thing with mind-affecting spells. I will warn you, it is not a pleasant feeling to be at the mercy of whatever led to that freakish gnome."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2014, 12:27:25 am »

"We can't leave yet. We've got an old friend to pay a visit to, remember? Can one of you get on that? I've got an apprentice to teach."

Bill's eyes narrow when Galia messes up Wee Jas's name. "I left one sorcerer in tears today. I could leave another one in the ground. Remember, you've got one spell that you can hit me with. Or did you forget that I'm immune to mind-affecting spells as quickly as you forgot the name of my goddess?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2014, 12:29:20 am »

Dereth sighs quietly, before stepping forward and drawing the blade from Ganron's hip.

"I know how to use a blade, boy. Regardless of type." As if to emphasize this, he gave it a few practice twirls, testing the balance and feel of it in his own hands.

"If you truly wish to train, know that it will not be pleasant. I will not teach you to fight. I will not teach you to duel. These are not things I do."

He stopped talking, simply continuing to build up speed with the longsword in his hands in spinning, twirling motions around himself. Before Ganron spoke, almost literally cutting him off before he could, in fact, he stopped with a sudden, still grace, the blade planted point first in front of the lad.

"I will teach you how to kill, and more importantly, how to not get killed."

He gestured for him to pick up the sword.

"Now, while I prefer it, the sword is not the perfect weapon for everyone. I have some excess coin, and Arana will, of course, be perfectly willing to pay me back...we are going to the arms shops, and we are finding you a weapon that suits you. You may have a natural talent predisposed towards one or another. Many do, or at the very least find themselves unable to use some weapons. I dislike bows, for example."

As he spoke, he walked, the swordsman having no reason to believe Ganron wouldn't follow. If this is what there was to do now, this is what he would do. And Galia would owe him. Which could be handy...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2014, 12:43:45 am »

"We can't leave yet. We've got an old friend to pay a visit to, remember? Can one of you get on that? I've got an apprentice to teach."

Bill's eyes narrow when Galia messes up Wee Jas's name. "I left one sorcerer in tears today. I could leave another one in the ground. Remember, you've got one spell that you can hit me with. Or did you forget that I'm immune to mind-affecting spells as quickly as you forgot the name of my goddess?"
"Sorry, sorry, you know I'm not religious. I should mention, though, that whatever just happened, it involved a hell of a lot of negative energy. I'd still be wary if I was you. It was not your average spell, if it was even one anyway. And before you correct me, yes, I know you live, or unlive, or whatever you call it off of said energy."

"In any case, I am not approaching 'my son' for any reason, so you all are on your own."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:45:25 am by Tawarochir »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2014, 02:13:01 am »

"Right. Thanks for the update. And I don't blame you for your wariness, but don't let your fear get to you. We may have to commit filicide, and you have to be ready to face your fears. But a chat between father and child might do some good."
Knowledge: Arcana: How could Jake + mass of Negative Energy = sentient Negative Energy?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2014, 10:07:07 am »

Knowledge check for the same thing.

"Oh... fine, I'll come. But don't be surprised if I leave without a moment's notice."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2014, 01:09:27 pm »

"That's not what I meant. You just had a malevolent alien consciousness in your head. You need a break. Go and hunt down a hero."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »

"Oh... sorry. I'm still a little disoriented... can I borrow that picture, see if anybody's seen her? Or did you mean something else?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »

Bill's tone changes to the very patient one he uses when talking to children. "It's in your hands."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2014, 01:53:13 pm »

"I know that. I'm not stupid, I was just asking if I could borrow it."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62