Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65282 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2014, 08:33:30 pm »

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

Bill Summons and Owlbear Skeleton
The Skeleton attempts to grapple the gnome [12+0] and isn’t even annoyed at the Gnomes attack.
The Skeleton attempts to finish the grapple [2+2] but the Gnome slips away.

”Aha! Aha! Aha! More friends! More Friends! Aha!” The Gnome seems absolutely delighted that you summoned a skeleton… How strange.

The Swarm [10+2] flutters uselessly around the Gnome.
The Gnome [15+1+3] laughs in delight at the bats.
Everyone watches the duel with varying reactions.
The Gnome laughs and unleashes another barrage of Magical missiles at Bill [-4/-1/-2/-1/-2/-1]

”Give? Give? Give? Aha! Aha!”

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Turn 2
Insane Gnome: Healthy
Bill: 18/43
Owlbear Skeleton:
Bat Swarm: 15/15
John the Ghoul: Healthy
Rikki: 29/29
Harmony: 28/28
Plius: 10/10
Zoe: 13/13

Quote from: Current Effects
Mirror Image (Insane Gnome)
Duration: 3 Rounds
Affected: Insane Gnome

Invisibility (Harmony)
Affected: Harmony

Summon Swarm (Bill)
Duration 2 Rounds
Affected: Bat Swarm

Summon Undead II
Duration: 4 rounds (?)
Affected: Owlbear Skeleton
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:53 pm »

The Swarm makes an attack of opportunity [20!/18+2] and crits! [-3/-4]
The Swarm has wounded The Gnome!
The Gnome is bleeding! [-1]
The Swarm makes an attack of opportunity [10+2] but misses...
The Gnome is bleeding! [-1]
The Owlbear Skeleton makes an attack of opportunity [1!] but misses...

"Aha! Aha! Cuddly new friends! Cuddly new friends!" The Gnome laughs as the bats bite into his flesh drawing plentiful amounts of blood.

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Turn 2
Insane Gnome: Barely Hurt
Bill: 18/43
Owlbear Skeleton:
Bat Swarm: 15/15
John the Ghoul: Healthy
Rikki: 29/29
Harmony: 28/28
Plius: 10/10
Zoe: 13/13

Quote from: Current Effects
Mirror Image (Insane Gnome)

Invisibility (Harmony)
Affected: Harmony

Summon Swarm (Bill)
Duration 2 Rounds
Affected: Bat Swarm

Summon Undead II
Duration: 4 rounds (?)
Affected: Owlbear Skeleton

Wounded (Bat Swarm)
Duration: Until DC10 Heal Check is passed or Cure Spell is used.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:58 pm »

Cast Blindness on the Red Gnome.
Have the Skeleton grapple the Red Gnome.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2014, 11:09:35 pm »

Bill casts Blindness [4+4] and blinds the Gnome.
The Owlbear Skeleton initiates a grapple [20!/18-3] and ignores the gnomes wild punch. [-0/-0]
The Owlbear attempts a grab [18+6] and [10+4 v 13-4] and gets a solid hold of the gnome. [-4/-5]
The Bats continue to swarm [2+2] but fail to do any damage. They swarm a second time [18+2] and deal major damage. [-5]
The Gnome is still bleeding [-1] and continues to do so [-1].

"AAAAAH!!! DARKNESS!!! DARKNESS!!! DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK!!! The Gnomes jolly laughter and voice have been replaced with the screams of a panicking child as the Owlbear picked him up. "I yield! I YIELD! MAKE THE DARK STOP!!! MAKE THE DARK STOP!!!" The Gnome appears to be crying now. Rather heavily as the bats fade from existence. A quick examination of the gnome reveals that he is badly hurt.

"And that is why no one ever duels Master Bill." Zoe said to Plius who seemed to nod in agreement.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

Bill relaxes, and dismisses Blindness. That was a tough battle, but it wasn't necessarily over. He would use this downtime as well as he could. Use Charnel Touch to regain 2 HP/round.
"You have fought well. Tell me your name so I know who almost vanquished me. Also, will your second take up the fight?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2014, 11:27:24 pm »

The gnome continues crying and, with a wave of his hand, the ghoul collapses to the floor dead... or more dead... Redead? Either way it's not moving anymore. Obviously he's honored this part of the bargain. Looking around you see that the various skeleton servants are all collapsed in piles on the floor. "No more friends... No more friends... No more friends..." The Gnome seems to be crying even harder now and is apparently ignoring your question, if he ever heard it in the first place. "No more frie-e-ends waaaaah.... Oh this is a sad time for Glim... Glim... Life is is dim for Glim..."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

-MEANWHILE, ABOVEGROUND-
Galia, having finished all the stuff she'd been up to since she had left the entrance to the catacombs, returns to the entrance of the catacombs, Ganron in tow, to find Dereth.

Presumably encountering said duelist where she had left him, Galia speaks to Dereth.

"Ganron's ready, Dereth. Has his own sword and everything."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2014, 11:54:55 pm »

Bill leans in to whisper into Zoe's ear. "I have no need for the glory today. It's best if I stay dead for now. Take him to the authorities, and see that he gets Due Process. They shouldn't ask too many questions, they'll just be glad that the catacombs have been cleared. Meet me in this room when you are next able. It is long past time to continue your training."

He turns to the group at large next. "Pilius, you and Zoe did an amazing laying this threat to rest. ALONE. There wasn't anyone else here, unless one of you two would like to make your reappearance on the world stage." Diplomacy check: He and Zoe (and possibly Rikki/"Celine") take all the credit.

In the mean time, he continues to heal himself, and begins to search the catacombs for loot, starting at the bottom level. (Take a 20 to Search.)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

"Are you sure? I mean... Very well. If that's what you want."

"Yeah... Just take all of Master Bill's credit."

"If this gets me the promotion I want I will be happy to assist him in any way possible on future visits."

Zoe shook her head as she and Plius went to spread the news and turn Glim, who was still crying, into the authorities.

Searching around the catacombs you find very little of any use to you. A few ceremonial golden coins which are useless as currency as well as a few mad scramblings of notes about the negative energy being released and possible uses of the substance to create millions of friends. Strangely, however, Glim's notes mention a small anti-mage movement growing in Grainfield. It would appear that Glim had nearly been murdered by some of the more fanatic of this group. But the thing that catches your eye is a drawing of the assassin: A beautiful Elf wearing a semi-circle of small jewels on her forehead. You can just picture the emeralds sparkling beneath her hair. You have no doubt that this is a drawing of one of the seven who had foiled your plots.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2014, 09:05:32 pm »

Bill pockets the coins, the notes and the drawing of the elf. The coins could be useful at a later date, as could the notes. And the drawing... well, well, well. Maybe it was time to reappear on the world stage.
First, he had to instruct his apprentice in the ways of Binding Vestiges, but he had some time to kill before she returned.
He lays out the notes on a tomb, and attempts to understand just how the gnome could have possibly controlled so many undead. Do these catacombs include a fragment of the Negative Energy?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2014, 09:11:05 pm »

Reappearing suddenly behind the gnome, Harmony moves right in to feed on the grief comfort.

"It's alright, friend, your friends are just tired. Very, very tired. That isn't so bad, right? You wouldn't want them to be exhausted like that. They could drop dead at any moment."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2014, 09:59:20 pm »

Catacombs: Level 8 [[Bill]]
He lays out the notes on a tomb, and attempts to understand just how the gnome could have possibly controlled so many undead. Do these catacombs include a fragment of the Negative Energy?

From what you can gather the gnome was either much more powerful than he let on or he had somehow channeled the negative energies from the explosion in order to call the undead to life although it appears that it may have affected his mind. With no dates on the notes you can't really gather whether he was always insane or if it was recent. Never-the-less his notes appear rather vague on exactly how he was doing it or even if he was doing it. It would appear that the notes are altogether worthless... Wait... What's this? Oh hello. Apparently the Gnome had always been insane and that he truly wasn't the source of the undead but rather a conduit of some sort for another entity which could not act on it's own. Nothing is revealed about the nature of this being aside from it wanting Glin to make "Many many many friends! Aha!"

Why would he write his verbal tick?

Outside the Catacombs [[Ganron, Galia, Dereth, Harmony, Plius, Zoey, Rikkimaru]]
Reappearing suddenly behind the gnome, Harmony moves right in to feed on the grief comfort.

"It's alright, friend, your friends are just tired. Very, very tired. That isn't so bad, right? You wouldn't want them to be exhausted like that. They could drop dead at any moment."

"Taunting a prisoner? Isn't that generally frowned upon by Pelor? Not that he doesn't deserve it."

"Waaaah! Waaaaah! My friends! My friends! I lost all my friends! Waaaaah." Glin cried out. Normally this would be pleasant but you suspect that the gnome isn't quite paying attention.

But as you step into the light his sobbing takes on a new dimension.

"Arana! I have great news! De-"

"Quiet boy! You're talking to Celine, powerful cleric of Pelor who has just assisted in apprehending this criminal scum."

"Actually, you're mistaken... That's Arana. She's a member of a travelling circus and my master. She is training me in the way of the warrior. Just like Dereth is!" Ganron smiles and addresses the last part to Harmony.

Well... That's a little awkward. Though, you do note, that Ganron has acquired a fine looking Longsword since last you saw him.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:40 pm »

Dereth raises an eyebrow.

"I take it the undead have been dealt with?" he asks, rather than acknowledge Galia's 'request'. He would train the boy, but her attitude was annoying.

"Ganron should make an adequate pupil, though I will have to see whatbhis fighting style lends itself more towards, and build on that."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2014, 10:57:44 pm »

Copy the handwriting style of the note, and create a forgery (using my kit) (+7) to create a document implicating the Tavernkeep as being a member of the Thieves' Guild, tie it to a rock, and throw it at the barracks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2014, 11:35:57 pm »

Once Galia got over the initial shock of the insane gnome, she decided it was part of her duty to make sure that Plius didn't ask too many questions about Harmony's identity. She steps closer to the previously unassuming guard.

"Ah, such a valiant hero! I take it this fiend is the one behind this?" Galia indicates Glin. "In any case, it doesn't really matter who this fine pixie is-- what matters is that you help others by doing what's right, regardless of who you work with."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62