Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65243 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2014, 11:50:51 am »

"There is no shame in fear. The only shame is in failing to act because of fear. Fear informs you of what is dangerous and what is not. I fear little, as little is truly dangerous for me. But I can still feel it. Use it to your advantage, instead; learn to be a body-guard. I could train you, if you liked."

"I... The Cleric has promised to help train me but... I need to know everything I can. If you'll teach me I'll do my best!"

"Ah, Ganron! Nice to see you're alive and well. I was wondering where you were... you didn't go into the catacombs, did you?"

Ganron seems incredibly nervous the second Galia shows up "Well... Not yet. I'm just... Guarding the entrance in case something happens right Dereth?"

"But first, I bet you'd love to come back to the inn with me, right?"

Ganron takes a step towards you while nodding but suddenly backs up "N-no. I'll stay here and make sure everything is okay. I... I do want to go but I NEED to stay... You know? I have to get better. Step one is getting used to danger. Even if it's only by proxy. I won't go inside..."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2014, 11:54:32 am »

In the Catacombs [[Bill, Harmony, Plius the Guard, Rikki, and Zoe]]

Well... That went well. The combined might of the assualt rendered the skeletons into dust in a matter of seconds and, in fact, happened quickly enough that no real tangible noise was produced. How convenient... Now the door way to Level 8 is cleared.

Bill, Harmony, Rikki, and Zoe gain 50xp

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »

"Good work. Now, let's continue."
Refresh Hide from Undead, if necessary. Then open the door and continue.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »

"Indeed."

Take up marching ranks at the rear of the group.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »

"But first, I bet you'd love to come back to the inn with me, right?"

Ganron takes a step towards you while nodding but suddenly backs up "N-no. I'll stay here and make sure everything is okay. I... I do want to go but I NEED to stay... You know? I have to get better. Step one is getting used to danger. Even if it's only by proxy. I won't go inside..."
"No, no. It's OK. You don't have to be near danger to learn to face it. Dereth can keep watch on the entrance for now and train you once the rest of us are out. I'd bet you would be truly fulfilled by coming back to the inn with me, more so than standing here."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

Outside the Catacombs [[Dereth, Galia, Ganron]]

"No, no. It's OK. You don't have to be near danger to learn to face it. Dereth can keep watch on the entrance for now and train you once the rest of us are out. I'd bet you would be truly fulfilled by coming back to the inn with me, more so than standing here."

"That... Does sound nice... O-okay."

Inside the Catacombs  [[Bill, Harmony, Plius the Guard, Rikki, and Zoe]]

Recasting your spell and descending down into the lowest floor you are surpised at how well lit this floor is. The reason why soon becomes apparent: Several skeletons are scrambling around with armfulls of torches. One of the torches flickers out and instantly a skeleton scrambles to it and replaces it with a fresh one.

Still, it's rather simple to keep out of their way as they remain near the torches as much as possible. Eventually you come to a tomb that must have belonged to some member of royalty based on the small piles of gold and various relics. It is here that the light is nearly blinding due to the sheer number of torches in sconces and the large number of sunrods which lay upon the floor. In the center of the light there sat a gnome who was staring directly at you. Small and shrivled, even for a gnome, he smiled brightly the second he saw you.

"Aha! Aha! Aha-ha! Welcome! Welcome! Come on in!" the gnome said happily as he stood up. "Aha! Aha! Please wait a moment." With a snap of his fingers several skeletons appeared with chairs and set them in a semi-circle facing the gnome "Aha! Aha! We have friends! I see you've met the others? Aha! Aha!"

"You're the leader Bill... What do we do?" Plius asked as he fingered the hilt of his sword.

"I think this gnome is a few coppers short of a gold piece..." Zoe said in a whisper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »

"That... Does sound nice... O-okay."
"Good, good. You get a head start, I need to speak with Dereth for a moment."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 28, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »

Dereth glares at Galia, annoyed with the nuisance of her 'commands', both of the boy and himself. And more importantly, her failure to make him obey her instantly. Not that he expected instant obedience from his men, but she was supposed to dominate people mentally, yes? Yet she couldn't manage to do so on this lad?

Also, important maneuver that is always readied if I haven't explicitly stated otherwise and am in combat:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:15 pm »

Harmony steps confidently forward, mentally cracking her knuckles and taking a deep breath. This was the sort of thing she specialized in, was it not?

"Greetings, friend! We've made the long journey here in hopes of speaking with the one who created these fine examples of skeletons. You see, I am afraid you have made a mistake with them. They are hostile, scaring the folk away and keeping them from paying proper respect to their perfection and their artist. Why, we had to take great precautions in the form of works of magic, just to come here! Most unfortunate, you see. As representatives of the Association for the Preservation and Proper Use of Undead, we cannot see a tragedy such as this stand; we simply must see you remedy your issue and prevent it from making a bad name for the rests of the area's ghouls, ghasts, zombies, and skeletons, or we will be forced to pass sanctions, and perhaps even take serious action. I'm sure you'd be aghast at doing anything to harm the Association and the greater undead community, however, and are perfectly willing to either relocate or tame your exhibits for the benefit of the people. After all, no true necromancer would want to hurt their creations. Bill, would you care to tell this poor misinformed gentleman about how this sort of thing harms you and your community?"

All this is said without pausing for breath or giving the gnome a chance to react.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2014, 04:34:43 pm »

The gnome appeared confused for a moment before he laughed "Aha! Aha! Aha-ha! Aha-ha-ha! Oh no! Oh no friend. They aren't undead. They are friends! Living breathing..." The gnome seemed confused as his smile faded into a sad frown again before he resumed speaking with his smile "Living and breathing friends!Aha! They're just a little hungry! Aha! Haven't eaten in years some of them. So they're just very thin! Aha! Oh, some of them on the upper levels get a little rowdy but they don't mean any harm! Aha! Besides, the nice lady at the top was keeping everything in check! Aha! Besides, I am no necromancer! Aha! No, no, no! Aha! I specialize in Illusions! Aha! Sorry to cause a ruckus! Aha!"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2014, 04:39:05 pm »

Dereth glares at Galia, annoyed with the nuisance of her 'commands', both of the boy and himself. And more importantly, her failure to make him obey her instantly. Not that he expected instant obedience from his men, but she was supposed to dominate people mentally, yes? Yet she couldn't manage to do so on this lad?

Also, important maneuver that is always readied if I haven't explicitly stated otherwise and am in combat:
Moment of Perfect Mind

[Assuming Ganron walked off]
"Alright, Dereth. It's been made obvious over the years you don't like me, and I'll admit I've been less than friendly with you. But if you're going to be training Ganron here in the way of the sword, I think we need to compromise, lest we end up at each other's throats. Truce?"

"Oh, and what's with the look?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »

"Ah, my mistake then. Could you inform them that they are loitering, in violation of city law? My associate would be happy to walk you through the details. You may need to make a statement, as to why you're down here, as well."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »

"Ah, my mistake then. Could you inform them that they are loitering, in violation of city law? My associate would be happy to walk you through the details. You may need to make a statement, as to why you're down here, as well."

"Aha! Aha! Of course! Of course! I wouldn't want anyone hurt! Aha! As for why I'm hear? Aha! I'll tell you why! Aha! Aha! Have you ever heard of the tower in the Blightlands? Aha! Aha! I was around there a while ago and I thought 'Aha! All this energy! Aha! Aha! Someone was messing around with energy! Aha!' so I thought why not try to fix it? Aha! With all the negative energy I came down here! Aha! Started raising friends! Aha! Aha-ha-ha-ha! Now I have lots of friends! Soon I'll have so many! Aha! It'll clear the blightlands and I'll have real friends! Aha! Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Oh, but where are my manners? Aha! Surely you want food? Yes? No? Aha!"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »

"I dislike your methods. I dislike, to a point, your goals. I dislike the fact that you cannot make even a simple peasant obey your commands, and thus cannot make good even on your attempted method of attack. I dislike being told what to do so off-handedly."

The last was said with such emphasis that is was clear the rest were secondary concerns. Dereth had his pride, and while it was not so sensitive as some, it was not something to be trifled with lightly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »

"I... I can see that we have... different opinions on life. Fair enough, I've never met anybody else with the same objectives as myself. That I can deal with."

Galia lowers her voice a bit.

"And, for your information, the only reason he isn't following my commands unerringly is that, if you recall correctly, I spent an entire year under that pile of rocks. I... I don't have it in me to cast Dominate Person, yet. It took me a decent time to get to that level in the first place. I had to make do with a combination of seduction and sealing the deal with hypnotism, and it is not easy to get the exact wording right to convince him to accept me as his superior with no fore- or afterthought. That's why I'm taking him to the inn, so I can get a private spot to... ah... increase my influence."

"In either case, I apologize for off-handedly telling you what to do. I had to keep my speech short and sweet to keep him complacent."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62