Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65240 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #360 on: September 27, 2014, 10:13:20 am »

In the Catacombs [[Bill, Harmony, Plius the Guard, Rikki, and Zoe]]

Floor 3: Was empty which allowed for the group to pass through easily enough.

Floor 4: Teeming with zombies just as you remembered. [Move Silently: 17+5-2] Surprisingly the group of five managed to get through without anyone getting touched or heard. Especially surprising considering the armor situation of some of the members. (40 Minutes Left)

Floor 5: The ghouls are still waiting in the darkness when you arrive [Move Silently: 18+5-2] and continue to do so as the group sneaks past. Never-the-less, everything seems to be going well. (35 Minutes Left)

Floor 6: It appears the ghouls who had wandered down here earlier, into this ornate tomb, were rather pleased with their new surroundings and broken grate as they were waiting in the shadows as their upper floor brethren did. [Move Silently: 11+5-2] Also, like their brethren, they didn’t notice the group as they snuck through the floor. Things were going quite swimmingly. (25 Minutes Left)

Floor 7: The Ghasts and Wights [Move Silently: 20+5-2] had no chance to see the group as they snuck through easily. However, the size of this floor forced the group to stop for a moments and replenish their protection. Plius disappeared from Bill’s sight, as did the others. However, a small tap on the shoulder from Plius as he pointed towards an approaching group of Ghasts solved that little problem. As soon as the ghasts moved on the group continued their journey until they came across the skeletons blocking the door. Aside from switching side the Rapier wielding skeleton and the Halberd wielding one are in much the same position from the day before. That is to say: Blocking your path.

The Floating Dwarf [[Galia (?) and Illandrial]]

Illandrial: You new disguise costs you 1 gold piece and 3 silvers for a small amount of various knick-knacks that [Disguise: 1+4] aren’t fooling anyone… Trying again you purchase 2 gold pieces of things and combining them with the earlier batch [Disguise: 3+4] you are much better disguised but you notice that some of this stuff is ripped… Giving it another try for 2 more gold pieces [Disguise: 4+4] you begin to wonder if anything in this town is worth the effort… Another try at 2 gold [Disguise: 12+4] is finally enough to net you a decent disguise. Some might be able to see through it, but only if they were trying. All it cost you was 7 gold and 3 silvers… This better work.

Sneaking into the Floating Dwarf via a second floor window [Hide: 5+13] is far easier than the disguise [Move Silently: 11+13] as is sneaking through the place. While listening you’re pretty sure you hear Galia trying her hypnotism stuff but you aren’t sure. Still your search for secret doorways [Search: 5+10] yields nothing and, in fact, cements the fact that this is simply an ordinary tavern so far as secret areas goes. Your search for documents [Search: 15+10] is much more fortuitous. You discover several indications that the owner of the bar is being held under the thumb of the thieves guild. While no names are mentioned a “Sir Red” appears to be a low ranking member who might be willing to cooperate for the right amount of gold on any task. He is also a viable fence. One interesting thing to note is that the guild has become rather wary of someone referred to as “Feldspar” though you don’t know who that is. Whoever they are they seem to think the guild is responsible for the undead in the city.

Outside the Catacombs [Dereth and Ganron]

You remember the group being at the catacombs so you figure it’s best to check in there first. Outside, you see Ganron who seems to be clutching a dagger and trying to work up the courage to go inside. Upon spotting you he seems to chuckle nervously ”Some body guard I am eh? Can’t even go inside… Every time I try I keep thinking ‘I should go to the inn with Galia’. I’ve been here for about twenty minutes and the closest I can come is touching the door. I thought I was braver than that…”
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Bill signals for everyone to gather around him,
"Alright, here's the plan. Pilus and Arana, you two flank the one with the Halberd. Rikki, get setup behind cover to snipe the Rapier one. Zoe, prepare to flank Rapier. I'll be casting Summon Undead to finish the flank. Everyone, wait until I give the word to attack."
Move to the middle of the room.
Ready Summon Undead II, Owlbear Skeleton.
When everyone is in position, shout
"NOW!" and cast Summon Undead II.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 27, 2014, 04:30:16 pm »

"Alright."
Get behind any cover and fire crossbow at the one with the rapier.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2014, 04:31:14 pm »

"Arana?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2014, 04:33:33 pm »

"Oh, are you back to Harmony? I could never keep track of which name you're using when."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »

Harmony looks puzzled.
"I'm afraid I don't know what you might be referring to. I am and always have been called Celine, cleric of Pelor."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2014, 04:39:17 pm »

"Right, what you said. Are you ready to Turn Undead?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2014, 04:39:52 pm »

"Damned pixies..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2014, 04:41:20 pm »

"No, I think it's just her."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

"Yes, I am prepared, though I fear my abilities are paltry."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

"Just get into position."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »

Harmony moves to flank the behalberded skeleton, knife held in the left hand, holy symbol clutched with the other.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »

-MEANWHILE-

Galia coolly walks out of the inn, diversion of a performance finished and slightly worried as to what's talking Ganron so long. He had said he'd meet her here an hour ago, and had gone off to meet his father, but he had also displayed a great interest in the catacombs... she should check there, just to be safe.

Conveniently, she had guessed correctly.

"Ah, Ganron! Nice to see you're alive and well. I was wondering where you were... you didn't go into the catacombs, did you?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »

((In hopes that I can get some alone-RP time with Ganron))

"There is no shame in fear. The only shame is in failing to act because of fear. Fear informs you of what is dangerous and what is not. I fear little, as little is truly dangerous for me. But I can still feel it. Use it to your advantage, instead; learn to be a body-guard. I could train you, if you liked."

Dereth pulled out his blade and held it out, inspecting it, before tsking. He hadn't yet cleaned it properly. He set about doing so immediately, sitting down next to the entrance to the catacombs; the others could wait.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2014, 12:17:42 am »

"Very... wise of you to say, Dereth. That does sound like a good idea, though. Ganron, you'd love to train with Dereth, wouldn't you?"

"But first, I bet you'd love to come back to the inn with me, right?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62