Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65202 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

At first very few people pay attention to your tricks, however after a few moments they begin flocking. A few people even toss silvers near your feet. After a small amount of time the crowd near you reaches about twenty people. The silver at your feet soon becomes around three gold worth.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2014, 04:53:37 pm »

Satisfied with the day's work, I head to the inn to rent a room and convene with the party.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:59 pm »

On your way back you see the rest of the party, sans Bill, Zoey, and Ganron, standing outside the Catacombs still. Maybe you could convene with them there?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2014, 06:47:46 pm »

"If we hustle, how far down could we go, if they left us alone?"

"Probably all the way through. I mean you've gotten even better than before right? I don't even know why you'd ask."
"I could blast my way through, certainly, but it would be exhaustive, and I'd have to do it tomorrow. The vestige I have bound is not suited to combating undead. We'll venture down in the morning. In the mean time, I will scout out the catacombs, alone. Can you do me a favor, and try and convince some of my companions to join me for tomorrow's expedition?"
Request a favor from Zoe: d20+6 (Mentor score), DC 15.
After, Mentor Score decreases by 1 to 5.

Once he has heard Zoe's response, he casts Hide from Undead on himself, and takes off hustling through the rooms. He makes absolutely certain that he doesn't touch any of the undead. At the 50 minute mark, if he isn't at the bottom, he recasts Hide from Undead and continues.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2014, 09:50:13 pm »

[Request: 20+6] "Of course Master!" Zoe says with a smirk as she steps outside to do your bidding. Quite lovely how these things tend to work out.

After that your business is clear, head through the Catacombs to search things out. This could take a while.

The first floor was cleared, as was the second, while the third had a single unarmed skeleton standing guard over an empty coffin. The fourth floor however was teeming with zombies wearing various sets of clothing. It took over ten minutes to get through the hordes. You noticed, briefly, that the catacombs seemed to get more ornate as you journeyed downwards. With roughly fourty minutes left you keep going.

Level 5: The Fifth Floor wasn't quite as crowded but it was obvious that it would be incredibly deadly for anyone not hidden from undead. The large number of Ghouls [you assume due to their general behavior] appeared to be waiting in ambush. It took  you only five minutes to get through. Thirty five minutes to go.

Level 6: Nothing. The entire floor was empty. Rather strange. However the decoration at this point became rather ornate. You were starting to suspect that the lower levels were reserved for important nobles or mayors or some similar position. Unfortunately this was where your journey was likely to stop considering the large grate in front of the door. Unless you could find a way past it this was the end of the line.

With the rest of the group

Zoe stepped into the sunlight with a slight smile on her face "Oh good, none of you have gone anywhere. Master Bill has asked me to ask you to come with us into the catacombs tomorrow to purge it. Are you interested?"

"Galia! Galia!" Ganron shouted as he sprinted full tilt towards the Group. He appeared to be smiling "Excellent news... Oh... Busy?" He came to a stop and shot a glance at Zoe and her flail.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »

Summon Undead II: Bugbear Zombie. If I can order it without dropping Hide from Undead, then have it help me rip off the grate. If not, drop Hide from Undead and have it help me rip off the grate.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2014, 10:12:07 pm »

Without dispelling your ability to Hide from Undead you summon a Bugbear skeleton and get to work prying the iron grate from the doorway. It's rough going and the work is gradual. Eventually you manage to pry the grate off the opening. The noise however seems to have attracted several ghouls from the upper level. They seem rather undisturbed by the missing grate and appear uninterested in the skeleton. Lack of meat, you assume, is the cause.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:03 pm »

Bill sighs in relief, and keeps on descending.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »

For the remaining ten minutes you have after the incident with the grate you explore the Seventh Level. It appears to have a few scattered Wights  and many ghasts. Nearing the end of your time-limit you head towards a secluded area and recast Hide from Undead. Your shield against being ripped to shreds returning you continue your exploration. But it ends at the door to the Eighth floor as a pair of armored skeletons block your path by merely standing in front of the door. One of them is wearing a pirate hat and wielding a rapier while the other is carrying a halberd and appears to be wearing half-plate. You don't know why, but you get the feeling that these are not your average skeleton. Thankfully they appear just as blind to your presence as other undead.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:57 pm »

Zoe stepped into the sunlight with a slight smile on her face "Oh good, none of you have gone anywhere. Master Bill has asked me to ask you to come with us into the catacombs tomorrow to purge it. Are you interested?"

"Galia! Galia!" Ganron shouted as he sprinted full tilt towards the Group. He appeared to be smiling "Excellent news... Oh... Busy?" He came to a stop and shot a glance at Zoe and her flail.
Galia first responds to Zoe.

"Hmm... perhaps there is something useful hidden in the tombs. Maybe; I'll sleep on it."

She then turns to Ganron.

"Really? What is it?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

Leave, remembering undead locations, and recasting Hide from Undead as needed.
Once he's reached the lone skeleton on the first floor, he Rebukes it, attempting to command it. d20+4 Rebuke check.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:53:58 am by My Name is Immaterial »

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2014, 12:43:09 am »

"Heroes wait.  We do.  If there's something down there, let's get to it tonight."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »

Derek decides he should probably set about determining suppliers of materials, goods, tools, food, and the like that the party might find useful in their new journey, as well as seeing what local mercenaries and hirelings there might be.

More subtly, he listens to hear if anyone still speaks of their once-great exploits; Derek of The Black Edge was famous, once...if he can capitalize on his old reputation, that would do wonders for their success...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »

"Really? What is it?"

"Your pixie friend said she'll train me. I can come with you guys. I mean, I'm not sure how good I'd be as an entertainer but I can try to learn!"

Derek decides he should probably set about determining suppliers of materials, goods, tools, food, and the like that the party might find useful in their new journey, as well as seeing what local mercenaries and hirelings there might be.

More subtly, he listens to hear if anyone still speaks of their once-great exploits; Derek of The Black Edge was famous, once...if he can capitalize on his old reputation, that would do wonders for their success...

Food and weaponry seems to be rather bountiful. Crafting materials appear to be a little less prevalent but you could probably find whatever you need. Horses are a little pricey but that is to be expected with the lack of them but you could likely buy a wagon and horses easily enough.

As for Mercenaries it appears that all hirelings and guardsmen are being held up trying to guard the city and maintain a semblance of safety. It doesn't look like any of them will go anywhere until the undead are dealt with.

As for rumors of Derek of the Black Edge... Well you don't hear anything, but you hear plenty about the undead. Perhaps dropping your name would bring you up in conversation. It's really not that strange that average peasants under the threat of an undead horde would be a bit preoccupied.

Leave, remembering undead locations, and recasting Hide from Undead as needed.
Once he's reached the lone skeleton on the first floor, he Rebukes it, attempting to command it. d20+4 Rebuke check.

[Max Turn: 20+4: 5HD] [#HD Turn: 4+1+1+4: 10HD worth] The Skeleton gives a single twitch before it looks at you expectantly as though awaiting orders. Apparently, hiding from undead doesn't include those already under your control.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:58 pm »

"Really? What is it?"

"Your pixie friend said she'll train me. I can come with you guys. I mean, I'm not sure how good I'd be as an entertainer but I can try to learn!"
Galia speaks with a convincingly forced smile.
"G... great!"
She made a mental note to have a talk with Harmony later.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62