Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65169 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »

"If I may, why is that the question you lead with? I thought that it was standard practice to ask about our business."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2014, 10:18:37 pm »

"Really? The dead walk beneath the city?"

Galia warily casts a glance at Bill. No matter how much she had seen him, the idea of dead people in a perverse facsimile of life never ceased to frighten her a tad.

"Anyway, I'm Liaga Erynrochil. I'm from a long way to the east, so I don't know anybody in Lakeview, let alone be family with them."

"Yes. If not for that Star Elf we'd all be dead by now I reckon."

"We were handling it just fine. Don't say such things in front of guests. Never fear citizens the Watch is more than capable of handling things."

"Yes, but she seems particularly knowledgeable about undead."

"If I may, why is that the question you lead with? I thought that it was standard practice to ask about our business."

"And in usual times you would be correct. But with all the undead walking about people who have great great great blah blah blah grandparents buried here have become quite the nuisance. It's gotten so bad of late that we've just started asking if they have family and, if so, we direct them to the Record Keeper. They cry and wail until they find out that their loved ones are zombies or skeletons or something else and then they complain and moan that we don't mount an expedition. It's all very bothersome after the... Bah, listen to me prattle. Look, we don't want to do this. How about you just go on in. You seem the nice... Well you seem like you're not trouble makers. A bit well armed but that's to be expected with the Blightlands being so close."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2014, 10:25:12 pm »

"Star elf, you say? Do you happen to know her name?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

"Really? The dead walk beneath the city?"
"Yes, but she seems particularly knowledgeable about undead."
"Me? Knowledgeable about undead? No, no. I barely know a thing about them."

Knowledge check: How much do I actually know about undead?

"I'm curious about this 'star elf', as well. What, exactly, are you referring to?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:13 pm »

Spoiler: Galia (click to show/hide)

"No, not you. Zoe the Purifier. She showed up in town a few weeks after the dead started walking. Said she was looking for someone important and that he may be coming around soon. She didn't seem to believe it. Looked like she'd seen her fair share of battle. Now she just sits outside the catacombs and kills any skeleton or zombie that tries to go towards the surface. She's nearly died several times though."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »

"Ah, delightful! Which way did you say the catacombs were?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »

"Follow this road straight until you reach the blacksmith, take a left, the follow that road until you hit The Praying Monk tavern. If you look left you'll see the Star Elf. She's studied the catacombs more than most. She can tell you more." The guard says while opening the gate.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2014, 11:27:23 pm »

"Thank you very much! You've been a great help! May Wee Jas look favorably on your souls!"
Bill follows the guard's directions, with a spring in his step.
Once the elf is in sight, he breaks out into a jog, and begins to call out to the elf.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:40 pm »

Dereth speaks a single word, staring the guard down as he stops briefly before continuing on, following Bill.

Might as well; bastard was the one most likely to get into trouble he didn't start, and while he could usually handle himself pretty well...well, the world was not kind to the undead, typically.

Plus, he wasn't particularly fond of anyone else, and he wasn't too sure what to do here for the moment, until he got an idea of what was here now and where everything was located. He had never spent very much time in Lakeview.

Oh right, the word:

"No."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2014, 10:32:38 am »

Galia follows Dereth and Bill, but at a stroll rather than a run, as Bill had done. No reason to get worked up over something as silly as an undead army.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »

Ilandrinal stays with the group.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »

Dereth speaks a single word, staring the guard down as he stops briefly before continuing on, following Bill.

"No."

"No need to be a bastard about it."

"Thank you very much! You've been a great help! May Wee Jas look favorably on your souls!"
Bill follows the guard's directions, with a spring in his step.
Once the elf is in sight, he breaks out into a jog, and begins to call out to the elf.

You see your apprentice sitting in a small wooden chair staring eagerly at the entrance to the catacombs. She seems to be vaguely amused by something. However, the second she hears your voice she turns towards you with a smile "Bill!! You're finally here!" she stands and places her Heavy Flail upon the chair before dashing towards you as quickly as she could though the chain mail she wore slowed her down somewhat. "You're alive! I knew it! Francis said you had... Well um... I mean you're MORE alive than Francis thought... Well I knew you weren't dead! Well... You're here! You're finally here! What took so long?" She tried to make the final portion a bit demanding but the smile on her face never left for a second.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2014, 11:18:44 pm »

Bill smiles widely at her talk of him being alive. "It's great to see that you survived, too. We had to move slowly and stay undercover. However, that didn't stop Galia from seducing a young boy. I'll tell you about it later. In the mean time, is there a place we can speak privately? We need to plan our next move."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2014, 11:30:16 pm »

"Well pretty much all of us survived. We traveled together searching for you for quite some time. But... If you need to speak privately we can go into the catacombs a way. I've explored there quite a bit and the first bit is rather safe. Plus no one goes inside because of the skeletons and zombies."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2014, 11:32:11 pm »

Riki is simply following everyone else.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62