Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65222 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #705 on: December 30, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

"So... What's the plan now?" Ganron asked nervously. He appeared to have acquired a small pendent since the last time the group saw him.

"Aye, I was thinking the same thing Mo." Statia, Cleric of  Boccob, agreed with a small nod.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 30, 2014, 04:10:13 pm »

"I... Imm... Impressive. I think that our earlier meeting must have been fate, then. He's scary, she's scary, you're scary but I could use some sparring practice...? And the elf is giving me this scary stare. Why, I think I'll fit right in."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 01, 2015, 08:21:33 pm »

"Well, we've got unfinished business here. Galia, the drawing of the elf?"
Assuming that she hands over the drawing, he places it on the table, angling it so everyone can see it.
"Thank you. This elf is supposed to be in this city. We kill her, and then move onto the next one. Tomorrow, we fan out and see what we can find. I recommend that you travel in pairs, incase she catches on that we are looking for her. Get some rest. I'll see if I can't make copies for you to use. Does anyone have a paper and pen I could borrow?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 01, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »

Galia lends Bill the drawing and her sheets of parchment.

"We should be able to split this parchment up between us."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 03, 2015, 11:07:54 pm »

It was around then that she entered.
She ducked her head as the unnaturally tall woman entered, once hand delicately ensuring the wide brimmed hat remained on. The rest of her, however, was far from delicate. A scythe of colossal size was in her grip, and her feet thudded with metal with every step - beneath her ornate robes were glistening panels of armour. She looked around, and her eyes paused on the group for a second, one eyebrow raising beneath the hat.

She sat at a table, gently perching on a seat, and ordering tea if they had it, and hot water if they didn't.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 04, 2015, 12:40:31 am »

Raii spots her immediately.
"Excuse me one second, gents. I hear the sound of business calling."
He walks purposely over to the lady, and sits directly across from her at the table.

"I thought I told you not to come here. I was leading some of your family's trackers here, sure I lost them, but they're in the city, or nearby if they left already. You're not safe, even with your talents."
The Cyan Menace

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 04, 2015, 12:58:57 am »

"Didn't we just hire him? And he's already looking for new work? That's rather insulting. Next time, we have to include an exclusivity clause."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2015, 11:05:06 am »

The tall woman smiled kindly as he sat down. "Ah, Raii. While it's true, there were more wolves in the pack than we knew. A quite clever pincer movement, really. Why, one could consider that I am probably quite in trouble. I'll have to kill my way out. Again. And I think they'll stop playing if I do that anymore, and I am enjoying this game."
She thanked the server as a tall mug of tea was put down.
"In a beer mug... how quaint. You know, those you're working with now look familiar, do they not? Like a certain few who died when the Tower was sundered. Only it seems they've not died. They seem to have Nerull's favour."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2015, 01:53:36 pm »

"Exactly right, exactly right. Come, I'll introduce you to them. Bring your drink"
He then walks back to the group.
"Gentlemen, ladies. An associate of mine has brought us opportunity, though risk does follow. Would you like to hear me out?"
The Cyan Menace

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 04, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

Bill nods hesitantly. The situation seemed a bit too convenient...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 04, 2015, 02:34:32 pm »

"This..."
Raii waves at her.
"...is Lady Joanna Rose de Monterfort, a client of mine, and a worshiper of Nerull. Her family... wants her back shall we say, and I've been making sure they stay off her trail, which is how I wound up in this city. Her skills can compliment those of your team, and she has some experience with killing. The downside is that bringing her along means the mercenaries sent by her family will be chasing after all of us; fighting them off seemed a task that two alone could not accomplish, but that six easily could."
The Cyan Menace

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 04, 2015, 03:20:08 pm »

Lady Joanna dropped into an elegant curtsey. Beneath her hat she grinned.
"I am pleased to make your acquaintances... and indeed, such an agreement would be convenient for us both. Such a fierce looking group. My family believes I am guilty of a quite terrible crime, and I would not be able to convince them of my innocence. But I am a free soul. Being locked away for my life does not appeal.

In return, you would gain my aid, of course. I have a skill in combat, and divine magic flows through my veins. "

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 04, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »

"...And what crime is that, that they suspect you of?"

"And more to the point, are they right to?"

The swordsman didn't particularly care what the crime was, as long as it wasn't sacrificing babes via rape or something equally horrendous. But Bill...well...Wee Jas and Nerull didn't always get along the best, Dereth knew that much. Bill had said so on multiple occasions, if in rather different language. This would certainly be...interesting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 04, 2015, 08:55:12 pm »

Her grin grew wider. The hat hid her eyes, and more to the point, and helped her in carefully avoiding eye contact with any of the females at the table. She'd heard of the mind-snarer, oh yes.

"Why, of making that poor maid disappear, of course." She sighed. "Such a young sweet thing. She was kind and gentle, when others were harsh with fear. Quite unreasonable for them to accuse me, as well, at least back then."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 04, 2015, 08:58:12 pm »

"Nerull, you say? Hm. If you care to prove your capability, kill this elf." Bill hands her the parchment.
He did not expect her to succeed. If she lead them to the elf, good. If she weakened the elf, better. If she died in the attempt, perfect; it was one less infidel in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62