Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65212 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2014, 07:41:39 pm »

Someone impersonating him? That? That wasn't okay. You didn't get to pretend to be Derek. Pretenders could lose, after all, leaving aside the annoyance it brought on in the first place. Fuck that guy. He was gonna get his, now. Derek decides to head towards the Sovereign Jester, to watch this imposter.

And to kill him.
But that comes later.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »

"G... good! I... I'll be off, then."

Galia began to walk off when she realized that if this woman had Galia's blood in her and vice versa, she should at least be a bit more forthcoming about some things. She walks back to Harmony and informs her of a few important bits of information.

"Harmony... you should know... I kind of hypnotized Ganron last night, convinced him I have complete control over his mind and all. I'll share with you, of course, assuming you don't make him do anything stupid."

"Oh, and with the way I crushed his will with my eyes alone all these times, there's no way he's strong enough to survive in those catacombs, even with us-- er, you all-- with him. He has to stay out until you're finished training him. I'll keep him company, no worry-- he's been following me like a lost puppy ever since last night."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2014, 07:49:20 pm »

"Ah, I thought as much. Pity, truly. Well, as long as we're being forthcoming, I believe you interrupted my fun on the raft there. Spoiled what would have been a lovely tragedy. No matter, though, more time to build. As for the control, though, keep it. I prefer the challenge."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2014, 07:57:16 pm »

Galia is somewhat surprised at the fact that Harmony had been the perpetrator of the accident on the river, although she figured as such.

"Fair enough. I'll go fetch Ganron, then."

And at that, Galia left in the direction of the catacombs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »

Outside the Catacombs [[Bill, Zoe, Ganron, Guard, and Galia]]

"I suppose you are the task force I am to join?" A guard says as he walks up to you. He seems in quite a good mood considering what is about to happen.

A few seconds later Galia follows and the guard nods "I see I'm at the proper place."

Outside the Sovereign Jester [[Dereth and Dareth (The Imposter)]]

It was painfully easy to find the imposter. He was literally jumping about performing sloppy fencing maneuvers. [Spot: 16+0] Fortunately for your reputation you can tell that he's simply pretending to be incompetent. A trained duelist has a hard time pretending to be bad at their craft and their 'bad form' is far too exaggerated to be anyone who has never picked up a sword. Just by watching you can tell that he could defeat most peasants who probably challenged him. Unfortunately, he is no where near your current skill and he could only dream of being as good as you were in your prime.

"Why hello there traveller. I see you have a rapier. Trained in the art of fencing are you? I'll wager you fifty gold I could disarm you before you could even draw blood." The man says with a smile "Unless you're afraid to cross blades with the legendary Dareth."

In the Alleys [[Harmony]]

Well Galia is gone now... How delightful.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2014, 08:01:20 pm »

Harmony takes a moment to quickly change her appearance and affectation, pulling out an amulet of Pelor and straightening her clothes and hair, then adopting a dour expression, then heads towards the inn for the night's sleep.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2014, 08:05:27 pm »

Outside the Catacombs [[Bill, Galia, Ganron, Guard, Harmony, Zoe]]

Harmony joins the group a few seconds later in her cleric attire.

"Oh hello master. I uh... Wasn't quite prepared for training yesterday but I'd love to start today. If it pleases you."

"Ah a novice eh? I remember when I first started training as a g- Zoe? Zoe the Destroyer? I hadn't seen you there! This is great! We'll clear out these tombs in no time. Arturius won't believe that I met you!"

"Oh, I'm not leading the mission. My master Bill is! He's far more powerful than I've ever been! With his help and unique understanding of the undead it'll be as easy as picking up your sword."

"So this is the infamous Bill I've heard about? He seems a little frail to train you... But what do I know? I await your orders Bill. When do we set off?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2014, 08:08:55 pm »

This is one of Harmony's favorite disguises, and her words have a practiced serenity to them.

"Of course, child. Have we time before these tombs must be freed of the souls lurking within?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:15 pm »

"Hmmm...a tempting offer, but a rigged one. It is often easier to disarm someone than it is to cut them, thought the one does of course lead to the other. How about we increase the wager, then? Two-hundred fifty gold, instead, first to yield pays up. And, in all likelihood, dies. You're pronouncing my name, wrong, you see, and I don't appreciate it."

Stretching slightly, Dereth draws his rapier in one swift motion, taking up a perfect fighting stance, thinking through possible first moves, responses, half a dozen moves ahead. First, he would test him. Find the fighting style he used. Then, he would kill him.

"My name is Dereth tuCansari, also known as The Black Edge, and you have been disgracing it. Pray to whomever you might, while you can."

Maneuvers Readied:
Swordsage:
Emerald Razor
Shadow Blade Technique
Mighty Throw
Sudden Leap
Warblade:
Steely Strike
Wolf Fang Strike
Flashing Sun
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 21, 2014, 08:12:15 pm »

"So, bartender, do you have any work available?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 21, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »

Galia claps the guard on the shoulder.

"Ah, yes! This kind man agreed to head into the catacombs in my stead. He's so helpful, isn't he?"

Galia then pulls Ganron aside and whispers to him,

"Ganron, don't go into the catacombs until I say so, alright? Come on back to the inn with me. You're not ready yet."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

Outside the Catacombs [[Bill, Galia, Ganron, Guard, Harmony, and Zoe]]

"Excellent, I say we head inside the second we can. The longer we wait the more undead will rise." The Guard says as he watches Galia and Ganron step to the side.

Stepping aside with Galia Ganron seemed disheartened at the request "But... I need to practice... I mean she's a cleric right? I'm pretty tough. Can't you at least let me try?"

Inside the Floating Dwarf [[Rikki]]

The Bartender appears to have a black eye. Apparently someone wasn't happy that the friend he was supposed to talk to never showed up. He glares at you "Yeah, why don't you go clear out those catacombs and I'll give you half of my profit for the day."

Hm... It appears he's really in a sour mood.

Outside the Sovereign Jester [[Dereth and Dareth (The Imposter)]]

"Your name? Ha! I've been using my name since I was a baby. But I'll accept your bet. Prepare yourself!"

Quote from: Initiative Order
Dereth: 37/37
Dareth: Healthy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:38:21 pm by Nerjin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »

Dereth moves quickly and decisively, lashing out at the man, stance switching into a focused, predatory one, as he closes the gap mercilessly, sword flashing as it strikes.

Steely Strike, Blood in the Water Stance!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2014, 08:44:06 pm »

Dereth thrusts at Dareth [20!l 4+11+4+1] and [1+5+4+1] thrusts into Dareth's chest, just barely missing his heart.

Falling to the ground and dropping his rapier Dareth lays bleeding on the ground "I- I yield... No more... No more..." he begins fumbling with a coin purse at his side but seems to think better of it and reaches into his pocket for a vial.

[[Dereth gains +20xp]]

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2014, 08:52:53 pm »

-un-typo'd-
"But... I need to practice... I mean she's a cleric right? I'm pretty tough. Can't you at least let me try?"
"No. You could die in there if enough of those things looked at you funny. I have seen them at work. Arana can train you some other day."

Galia puts on a rather commanding voice.

"Do not go into the catacombs without my permission. Return to the inn with me."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:10:37 pm by Tawarochir »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62