Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65165 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:29 pm »

Dereth catches up, more or less, with Bill, glancing back at Galia and studiously avoiding rolling his eyes.

"An old acquaintance, Bill?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »

Bill looks incredulously at Dereth. "This is Zoe... one of my apprentices... do you not remember her?"
Turning back to Zoe, "It's good to hear that the others survived. I'll have to get some Sendings to them. Now, let's head inside."
Bill enters the catacombs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2014, 11:50:54 pm »

"You had many, and I was busy with my own side of things. I do not remember her specifically, no."

He turns and tenders her a bow.

"We may be meeting on more equal footing, now. I am Dereth, once known as The Steel."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2014, 12:23:21 am »

Galia finally catches up after her leisurely stroll and spots the elf. She greets her with a rather kind, brisk tone, warmer than her other companions but far more distant than the voice she had used for her façade of love some time prior. Galia had always been rather comfortable around Zoe, although the fact that Zoe was an apprentice of Bill's had prevented a true bond.

"Ah, Zoe. It's you. Nice to see you're holding up."

Finally seeing that here was somebody who could give her a concrete figure on the matter, Galia asked the question she had wondered for days.

"Zoe, how long has it been since the tower fell?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »

Turning back to Zoe, "It's good to hear that the others survived. I'll have to get some Sendings to them. Now, let's head inside."
Bill enters the catacombs.

"Of course Master." Zoe begins heading inside after grabbing her Heavy Flail, unfortunately...

"You had many, and I was busy with my own side of things. I do not remember her specifically, no."

He turns and tenders her a bow.

"We may be meeting on more equal footing, now. I am Dereth, once known as The Steel."

"Uh... Yeah. I remember you. Francis hated you. I can't say I much cared either way. Good you're alive I suppose."

Just before entering the catacombs Zoe pauses for a moment "Hm... Several seasons. I'd estimate about a year. It's sorta hard to say for sure though. Definitely a year though."

And with that Zoe disappeared into the catacombs with Bill.

Inside the Catacboms

Walking with Zoe through a few rooms you notice quite a few corpses with crushed skulls and a few others without arms. However, aside from the bountiful corpses the catacombs were very pretty. Extravegant carvings of various battles and kings [you assume] decorated the walls. Though it was rather dark. You assume due to the fact that there were no common folk willing to come inside to light torches and Zoe had never been the sort to go out of her way for domestic issues.

With the Rest of The Group

Well Zoe and Bill were in the catacombs. So now what to do?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2014, 12:18:56 pm »

Bill sticks his head out of the catacombs for a moment. "I'm going to put some undead to rest. If you care to join me, I would welcome the company."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »

"Oh... Uh... Right... That."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »

"Something is raising undead, almost certainly against their will. As a Jasidin, my honor demands that I put a stop to this. So how deep have you made it?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »

"Well... I've only been on the first three floors. I've been told there are eight."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2014, 12:57:45 pm »

Just before entering the catacombs Zoe pauses for a moment "Hm... Several seasons. I'd estimate about a year. It's sorta hard to say for sure though. Definitely a year though."

And with that Zoe disappeared into the catacombs with Bill.
Galia merely stands in place, mouth slightly ajar, for a moment. An entire year... the sheer amount of time she had apparently survived, lain in the rubble of the tower, without food or water, simply astounded her. She could have done so much in that year... Galia was not very happy with this turn of events.

"A... whole... year."

She pulls herself together, after a little while longer of unintelligible murmuring of astonishment.

"Right... I can live with this. We'll be OK."

"I don't know about you four, but I'm going to go find out how popular those 'heroes' are with the people, and then pick out some gear and restock my supplies."

Go to an inn or something and covertly figure out the social standing of our assailants.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2014, 12:58:44 pm »

"Well... I've only been on the first three floors. I've been told there are eight."
"And what have you encountered?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »

"Skeletons and Zombies mostly. Though the farther down you go the stronger they seem to get. At least they get a bit better equipped. At first I thought it might have been you but it didn't really fit how you do things. It's almost like whoever is doing this is just playing around."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2014, 02:29:02 pm »

"If we hustle, how far down could we go, if they left us alone?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »

Go to an inn or something and covertly figure out the social standing of our assailants.

It doesn't take long for you to find an inn. Oddly enough called "The Floating Dwarf". It seemed to be your average inn in all ways bar none. Asking around though you don't really learn much until a man dressed in a robe and pointy hat and carrying what appeared to be a 'magical staff' stated that he had some idea of what happened.  You figure that the fact that it's simply a piece of wood with the word "Magic" on it that it's probably not what he claims. Still when he mentions that they had come through about a year ago you figure he might know what he's talking about. But despite your best efforts the only information you really get from him is that they split up over some sort of argument.

"If we hustle, how far down could we go, if they left us alone?"

"Probably all the way through. I mean you've gotten even better than before right? I don't even know why you'd ask."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2014, 02:47:11 pm »

Harmony looks up, having spent most of the trip lost in thought.

"Right, if you all have your affairs in order, I think I'll have a look around, maybe see how heavy the purses are."

She paused a moment, thinking.

"Oh, and Ganron, I think it was? If you'll come with me for a moment, I've something to discuss."

Harmony will take a look around, searching in particular for the markets, the local authorities, and a supply of coal.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62