Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evil Tundra 'SWALLOWEDSHOT' succession/bloodline game  (Read 1839 times)

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evil Tundra 'SWALLOWEDSHOT' succession/bloodline game
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

I decided to start a new succession game, set in an evil tundra glacier. The current lineup is me and my friend, but if anyone asks, they can join in too. I will soon post the save files. Please keep regularly updating.

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Tundra 'SWALLOWEDSHOT' succession/bloodline game
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

I started one, with raw mats only, and it died by giant zombie weasels.

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:50:40 pm »

The second one died by zombie ravens

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:09:55 pm »

Sounds good, but you might need a bit more detail if you're going to attract anyone.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

yea,
Sounds good, but you might need a bit more detail if you're going to attract anyone.

It sounds interesting, but I don't even know what version this is, or if you are using a graphics pack, or if your raws are modded in any way, or whathaveyou.  Do you and your friend consider yourself new, or do you have any limits to your conduct?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 12:41:05 pm »

I'm interested, but I don't know when I'll be able to do it.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:13 pm »

Sorry, I was not on for a very long while. In the mean time, however, ravens kept killing every last dwarf (for about 5 fortresses now). Then, While looking at legends, I found out that the zombified version of the dwarf I named after myself got the SECOND highest number of kills in the dwarven race. SECOND!

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »

As for the technical stuff, I am not using any mods that I am aware of. The version is 40.X and I am using CLA texture packs. However, I can switch back to default ascii if anyone wants it.

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »

This bloodline may also take a while, as I have started other fortresses.

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 08:14:31 pm »

One thing I found amusing is the fact that I used advanced world gen to make lots of tunra and lots of evil. The amusing part is that I had a tundra on half the map and and evil mountain range on the other (if you include exaggeration)

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »

As for experience, I can accept everyone who can keep a fort from starving/slaughtered. The aforementioned friend, however, is an absolute noob

HideAndSeekLOGIC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 05:42:47 pm »

I have started a new one, this time set in a real glacier (not tundra). Took me a while to figure out how to get from ice to stone. A zombie yeti was walking around everywhere, but no trouble from him

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »

Hi guy, I just started my first succession game. With barely one game under my belt I may not be the best to tell you this, but anyway.
You should edit you first post and use it as the game rules and details. A succession game seems to be mostly working the forum, by that I mean (write better).
Read all the better than yours and mine succession games on the forums and take stuff you like from everywhere.
Might want to check your game once a day as well.(I forget too.)

Also I have seen that if events happen in game like "ravens killed me" you might want to exaggerate for the sake of entertainment. Thats what all the people I read do anyway. Like seriously make stuff up.

I'd like to join for a turn or at least a dorf (zubb, farmer) if this thing gets ironed out some.

Mainly don't quit, even if your terrible. People will play eventualy. Good fort to you.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

Hi guy, I just started my first succession game. With barely one game under my belt I may not be the best to tell you this, but anyway.
You should edit you first post and use it as the game rules and details. A succession game seems to be mostly working the forum, by that I mean (write better).
Read all the better than yours and mine succession games on the forums and take stuff you like from everywhere.
Might want to check your game once a day as well.(I forget too.)

Also I have seen that if events happen in game like "ravens killed me" you might want to exaggerate for the sake of entertainment. Thats what all the people I read do anyway. Like seriously make stuff up.

I'd like to join for a turn or at least a dorf (zubb, farmer) if this thing gets ironed out some.

Mainly don't quit, even if your terrible. People will play eventualy. Good fort to you.

Wow, I don't EVER lie about what happened, but I don't go all nothing on the details either.  "Ravens killed me" is a summary that paints no picture and is the bare-bones facts.  I might write instead: "One raven swooped in, biting my eye, and as I was busy trying to choke it, these other ravens came at me pecking and scratching, it was like that scene in Hitchcock's "The Birds!".  Anyway, I eventually succumbed to their ferocious attacks and they cawed with laughter at their newly slaughtered feast."

The story is in the "how" and the "why" and the particularities of the "what".  "How" did the ravens kill you, "why" did they do it and "specifically, in what" manner?  It also helps to understand "how" your person got into that situation, "why" they were there in the first place and "specifically what" they were doing that led up to their demise.  Sometimes it's more interesting to tell it from an observer's point of view - for instance, suppose the person telling the story is the adventurer's weapon?  That point of view might be similarly bitter because "your" mount, (the adventurer), was slain by these ravens - now you have to attract another mount by being all shiny and "ooo look, a sword!" (or whatever).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:46:55 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

Sometimes it's more interesting to tell it from an observer's point of view - for instance, suppose the person telling the story is the adventurer's weapon?  That point of view might be similarly bitter because "your" mount, (the adventurer), was slain by these ravens - now you have to attract another mount by being all shiny and "ooo look, a sword!" (or whatever).

Bob, you are just a fountain of good ideas. That, my good man, is an excellent writing prompt.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*
Pages: [1] 2