Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8493 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency (4/7)
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »

Name of Organization: "In Gun We Trust"
Type of Insurgency:Warlord

Stories and Goals behind insurgency: A small criminal organization situated within Transvall, they understand this, more chaos leads to more war, more war leads to more guns, more guns leads to more strength, and so on, until they get strong enough to butt out the government and place themselves in, then they can get whatever they want, which seems to be a good goal to strive for, be the guys pushing everybody around without issue.

Add a leader. Can't have a warlords army without a warlord you know?

Example: Warlord Gorgutz's Huns.

Just to make it less underplayed if you know what i mean. Or if the GM is fine with it than disregard my post.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2014, 08:33:06 am »

^ Basically what 3man75 said, in case of a warlord you are playing a single person not an organization.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:19 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sani_Abacha

Nigerian warlord Sani Abacha. Also look up "General Butt naked". Yes he was butt naked when he fought and most likely delusional. Yes he lead troops in a war and survives to this day. Idi amin and joseh kony are also good examples.

hope it helps :)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 10:48:13 am »

Did any PMC get accepted yet?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2014, 11:13:33 am »

so far nope since nobody wanted to have one. a Warlord might be itnerested in one though...or the terrorists...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 11:26:17 am »

Hmm I'll have to ask. I have one sheet ready but a PMC is a little easier to manage time wise.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:39 am »

Is 10ebbor10 being counted yet?

An can we play with just 4 or 5? It'd make the game easier to manage GM wise.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »

3man has agreed to hire me. I can do a different sheet if this one isn't accepted.

Name of Organization: Crimson gewere maatskappy
Type of Insurgency: PMC
Story and Goals of your Insurgency:The companies goal is to make money and prove to the world that PMC's are capable of carrying out contracts without leaving mass casualties and ruins behind them.

The company was founded by a small band of raiders who after 10 years of fighting. raiding, and pillaging in the more desolate areas of the country were as poor and powerless as they had been when they begun so they banded together and offered to stop the raids on a nearby village if the village would pay them deciding to take a new approach.
The village agreed and they ambushed other raider's in the area killing them, taking the weapons and funds they possessed and then receiving more from the village.

They repeated this as they traveled from village to village growing in power as they took in raider's and villagers alike who were willing to fight and building a reputation for brutal efficiency in putting down the enemies of whoever hired them without destroying everything around the target as well.
As they gained in power they begun to receive small contract's on reputation and then as they carried them out larger contract's as well until recently the country fell apart and they gathered the companies forces together and spending most of the companies cash reserves to buy more advanced weapons and body armor for the soldiers in preparation certain that one side or another of the conflict would seek to bolster it's forces.

They stood apart from all the other companies because they did not possess tank's or other heavy ground based attack vehicles instead relying on a combination of high speed armored vehicles with mounted weaponry such as humvees, attack choppers with precision weaponry and highly experienced infantry with heavy weaponry bought on the black market from western countries where weaponry was of a higher quality meaning that when they entered a battle they came in extremely fast and vanished again just as quickly hammering the enemy where it did not wish to fight and avoiding it where it did until the enemy surrendered or was cut to ribbons one piece at a time.

It's carried out only 1 high profile job when hired by a neighboring country to suppress a rebellion they crossed the border at night taking the enemy totally by surprise with a brutal lightning campaign of attack chopper bombardments followed by a massive aerial assault by infantry from military transport choppers landing on top of the bombarded enemy bases at the same time as armored vehicles stormed them in a frontal assault effectively crushing the rebellion and leaving it's bases in ruins in one night of bloody battle while leaving the surrounding area relatively intact.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:31:55 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency (7/7) - Prehistoric Dog...
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »

Okay Salsacookies and Patrick Hunt are in.

Please note that while your mercenary forces will be superior to what most other players can field at the beginning, but attack choppers willl be not part of it. Also note that Mercenary forces will despite everything have a heightened amount of Collateral Damage than other Players Units of equal power.

in any case readying map and writing introductory post.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »

That's fine they can have just been shot down or been sent off to be upgraded or something until I can acquire more.

Is it possible to train my men to do less damage?
Caine's law.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency OOC-Thread - Full Players, IC Thread crops up soon...
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2014, 01:57:38 pm »

Hunt i think he means no helicopters at all. Although i'm sure some could be experienced pilots should you capture some aerial vehicles in a raid. In which case, than you can have air power.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

I know was just thinking of reasons for them to be gone now. But I'm not hugely bothered about air power anyway people will hear choppers coming.
A humvee sounds like a car it won't arouse suspicion from the sound.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:29:02 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:23 pm »

okay i got held up by beer and a flatmate...so no update today...but urgh...soonish i guess?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

Just to get this out of the way. basically Tar's regime is Idi Amin minus ethnic cleansing goals but still trying to beat them into submision, just so they stay united?

If so, is it safe that people NOT part of the tribes are angry that they can't "elect" a new leader or have any other personel freedoms?

This question goes to the GM btw.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »

I doubt that it matters, because anyone getting to those areas has to deal with the army. And they're well enough equipped so that no-one's getting close to the cities.

As for the comparison, it's mostly false. Since any killing happens to be within the law, there's little nepotism and the economy can't really be mismanaged in it's state :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14