Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8491 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency (4/7)
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:58 pm »

Im rather wary of entering a PMC which works for the Government, however if one of the Seperatists wants to afford to hire him...

Um, i definetly can't anti materialism is kinda part of my factions main things. Maybe Players faction? I  think he has a trinkle of american money going his way cause of a Priest but not too sure on account it could be another faction.

Also i think it'd be great for a warlord or terroist organization.

Warlord means more weapons being sold while said warlord makes money. Terroist organization could be a wildcard bombing Goverment and Sepratist sites. They could also be the only people actually targetting civvies.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I still think that we have too many separtists. Actually, 3man, you know what? You could be a terrorist group fighting against materialism.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2014, 08:15:34 pm »

I still think that we have too many separtists. Actually, 3man, you know what? You could be a terrorist group fighting against materialism.

Or you could?

I'll sleep on it. Ghaz are you fine if i switched to Terroist Organization or Warlord?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:28 pm »

...I really like my Azbathians, and we're already sorta ingrained in the history.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »

...I really like my Azbathians, and we're already sorta ingrained in the history.

New org. Will edit as needed.

Insurgent type: Terrorist Organization
Name: Shining way

History: Formed during the first independence revolts the Shining way are said to be ex-convicts who have been tortured beyond mental rehabilitation. PTSD runs rampant among leadership and original soldiers but this is said to only make them more effective in battles and other combat situations. The Shining way tends to recruit by infiltrating high security prisons and making deals with whoever wants to leave. Those who take it are broken out and join the shining way. At first only civilian prisons with murders and notorious gang members like E-Dock were freed, it should be noted that they don't mix in with the underground gangs much unless weapons trading or bomb making is involved. Later Military prisons congaing disgruntled soldiers and officers were broken out. This has made S.W very powerful in that the ex-convicts can intimidate people into joining them and the Military members can do the fighting, an they do it quite well. They have spoken to journalist about there ultimate goal being the freeing of prisoners convicted of false crimes and the toppling of the Current government, which they said is "...corrupt and brutal in generating extra revenue for the dictator.". They have also stated that they have no ties with Al-quida or other international terrorist and would prefer to keep there fighting within the country of origin. Spectators around the world, particularly the American Pentagon, have expressed worried that this is a lie. As an added twist the shining way has promoted a "Cultural sensitivity" campaign aimed at helping the minority ethnic groups battle the government. It is unclear what there methods are or if they truly have such a campaign but spectators say this a invitation for alliance for ethnic organizations wanting to split from the Regime and as a way to recruit more people. Bomb attacks are rare but they do happen however the Shining way tends to like to use them in small precise ways to assassinate key officials and military leadership. For example one police chief was killed when his mailbox exploded and his hand was inside. The loss of blood ending and lack of treatment in the area paved the way for his life to end.

Goal: Topple the Government and create a new one under S.W leadership.

EDIT: I'll change the name and anything else but i really want to know first IF ghaz is cool with this. He is after all the GM.

EDIT EDIT: just noticed shining path is a communist guirilla movement in peru...damn it need a name change. Also wow i learned something tonight :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:48:37 pm by 3man75 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »

first lol to the guerilla movement and two: yeah organizations seems fine if a bit over the top. you are still in.

EDIT: To the PMC Players, its YOUR job to find somebody willing to sponsor you. I won't take in PMCs which have nobody who wants to employ them...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:07:40 pm by Ghazkull »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

first lol to the guerilla movement and two: yeah organizations seems fine if a bit over the top. you are still in.

Re-doing it just it just now also lol.

I think i'll just change the name to something like the "Jailbird Alliance" or "New solution". Something. Or maybe i'll just leave it that way, i'm not trying to be realistic here.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 02:21:58 pm »

Name of Organization: The Golden Path
Type of Insurgency: Democratic Uprising
Story and Goals of your Insurgency:

A left wing, multi-ethnical democratic movement, the Golden Path has gained it's popularity by being in favor of localized rule, ethnical tolerance and people not being brutally repressed. It's left wing tendencies have left it grasping for support in later years, reducing it to a faint remainder of the relatively influential organization it used to be in past decades . Predominately getting support from the lower classes , a change in policy within the party has also given it support amongst the Boer and other populations.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »

Okay, anybody want to sponser the 5 Horsemen?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »

Okay, anybody want to sponser the 5 Horsemen?

PM tar or Ebbor.

Tar leads the dictadorship and it's cutting edge military but could use the muscle.

10ebbor10 just posted above you with a political group that might need some protection should the Government decide it's time to shell the protests...offensive protection that is.

The other insurgencies however..i'm anti-materistic so i can't pay you. An everyone else puts of a "we are made poor by the government" type of attitude. Salsa why not be a warlord though? It'd trow in more variety AND it could be fun to interact with you.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 03:59:26 pm »

I'd love to do that, is just that by the way ghaz put it, it needs to be poor or backwards, and the country doesn't seen backwards to me
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »

The country is poor read taricus's app. Yes its damn rich in natural resources but thats about every african country. My restriction to warlords was more or less coined to prevent warlords in countries where they don't make sense.

Also Ebbor is in.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »

The AFF isn't that poor, it's just that, between giving money to their own people, who are starving to death, versus paying mercenaries to do far more collateral damage then they'd like, they'd probably go with the first option.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »

The AFF isn't that poor, it's just that, between giving money to their own people, who are starving to death, versus paying mercenaries to do far more collateral damage then they'd like, they'd probably go with the first option.

Ya, can't tar give out IOU's or something? I mean they CAN be paid back, they have the resources for it. They'd just need to wait which could cause friction if they put the mercenaries through too much waiting but..hey where's the fun in no conflict?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »

Name of Warlord: Uahndah Aefalaud
Type of Insurgency:Warlord

Stories and Goals behind insurgency: A small-time black market trader of small arms in Transvaal, he was working just fine until the dictatorship thing came around. Now, with its extremist regime breathing down his neck, he now has no choice but to start taking his business down in Transvaal, which, if things go well, could get his business going better than before, and have his own country to boot.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:59:59 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14