Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8481 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency (0/7)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »

I've only "claimed" half of the coastline, if you read carefully. :P (I assume that's what you were talking about.)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

You guys aren't getting anything if I have any word on this :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »

Taricus, my insurgency group is a poor african nation being lead by a religious white man. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty certain we'll be getting more foreign aid then the worth of your entire country.

(Hey, Ghaz, would it be possible to have units train as an action? I mean, I'd like to give my units of completely green men with rifles some training before they go against the much less green men with rifles, so they don't get as badly destroyed when they fight. Plus, it'd be another type of aid freedom fighters can get. Foreign countries can send instructors to train rebels instead of actually sending troops, like they do in real life.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:50 pm »

Yours isn't even a nation yet, I'm the one getting all that delicious aid money.

That, and I'm not shooting first :3

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:19 pm »

nu-uh, my backstory has you and your silly cops shooting protesters, and my brave brave not really good at fighting fighters catching it on recording. take that.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »

That was a false-flag you staged and acted just for international support ( :P )

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 09:15:44 pm »

And the explanation for the ethnic cleansing, forced assimilation, and repression from *my* backstory is...? :P

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:22 pm »

So, LIF, are you going to murder the AFF for no reason?

Also, Taricus, why you be evil and turn my country into a puppet man?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

As long as our territory claims don't overlap or anything, I see no reason why we can't be allies. Our goal is roughly the same - throw off the shackles of our mutual oppressor and possibly blow up a tonne of his own shit while establishing military superiority. :P

If they do overlap, well, some sort of agreement might still be possible. Depends on what the GM allows us to do with RP and exactly how much land is contested, really. The OP doesn't seem to account for two Ethnic Uprisings allying with each other to win without having to turn on each other in the end. :/

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:33 pm »

Hey, no worries about sorting who from who, just call me up and I'll cleanse all of it for a price
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 10:10:49 pm »

Someone can cleanse for a price.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:14 am »

Please Notice that the Insurgents should align their backstories according with the Country they are in.

In any case Taricus is the General and we also take his country.
Playergamer and swordsmith04 are also in, although i'd like you to work it out with Taricus how much he really opressed the minorities.
As for the rest: I'd really appreciate it if you would put in some more effort and more seriousness into your applications. Suicide Doom Cults are not really the norm when it comes to Terrorist Organizations. And Mercenaries, while not really caring for civilian losses don't just go in and "clean the country of its population".

As for our Country since Taricus nor anybody else did supply any backstory, how about the Following:

The Nation of Transvaal
Backstory: Colonizing Africa in the 17th Century the Boer people soon formed their own twin states of Oranje and Transvaal. Starting out as Republics the states waged a desperate war for survival against the British Empire, later known as the Boer Wars. This is where the similiarity with modern history ends. Instead of waging war with the African peoples, the Boers and the Zulus allied, later joined by the Azbath and the Luthani Tribes. What started out as Border skirmishes and a simple annexation operation, would be one of the most bloody conflicts for the mighty british empire. After three more wars and casualties in the hundreds of thousands the British Emprie finally withdrew from Southern Africa, beaten into submission. The united efforts of the Boer and the African peoples had left the Country a broken mess. Famine and Unrest plagued Southern Africa and it would take almost a Century to stabilize the land and the Economy. In the ensuing years, Transvaal became a beacon of hope (similiar to America) for freedom and independence.
That is freedom and independence for the White Man. Suppressed by racial segregation and superiority laws the Apartheid engulfed the Southern African Nation. Spending much of the early 1900 in Civil Unrest it took decades to stabilized the situation and reaffirm control over the country. Staying Neutral in World War II the South Africans however accepted Axis refugees after the war which neatly integrated into the military and vanished into obscurity, never to be seen again. After World War II Transvaal continued to suffer from unrest mostly from Tribal leaders which raided and attacked convoys with export resources keeping the country poor and disorganized. However things reached a tipping point in 1990 with the Fall of the Warsaw Pact, Unrest in Transvaal reached once again its Height in the First Independence War of the Azbath and the Luthan Tribes. The Transvaal Republic was already entering into peacetalks and offering a referendum when the Rijkswacht(the Boer word for Gendarmerie) putsched. Under the leadership the self-proclaimed Generalissimo Taric, Transvaal became a Military Dictatorship. the Azbath and Luthan tribes were brutally persuaded to stay with the country, which was now devoid of free elections, open media or any personal freedoms at all. With the Military and the Gendarmerie becoming the main actors on the political stage Transvaal looks into a future of even more violence than it already had.
Culture: Transvaal was and always will be a quite diverse state, thanks to its position as an immigration country. 35% of the Population identify themselves as of Boer Origin ( A mix of Belgian, French and German Colonists), 5% are German, 5% of other European Ethnicities. 35% of the remaining Population are Zulu and 10% Luthan and another 10% are Azbath.

would that be okay for you guys?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:09:03 am by Ghazkull »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 03:11:50 am »

I was more aiming for a former french colony around the horn of africa. Along with the poorness being rather endemic to the nation (In relative terms :P )

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:32 am »

well then write up what you would prefer and we use that. Try to integrate the Azbath and Luthans though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 05:10:43 am »

Okay, after a bit of talking with Ghaz, we're going for the idea for the nation he had. Now let's get some more rebels into this mess!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14