Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread  (Read 66685 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2014, 08:03:51 pm »

It's okay, Darethwin.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »

I've done it a bunch too.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »

Head--->Desk

Repeat As Necessary
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 21, 2014, 09:25:12 pm »

Honestly, I think Duelist should be Precision damage too, since it's not using RAW POWER.  Maybe Improved Duelist or something should allow versus everything, but I'm still on the fence for /that/.

I find it equally ridiculous how weaksauce elementals are, and that undead are immune to precision damage(I CUT YOUR TENDONS DAMNIT STOP SPASMING AND JUST DIE). A skeleton can have weaker bones, a zombie can have more rotten parts, etc., that can be hit.

Why do you want to make everyone else weaker?
Neither of which actually matter to a skeleton or a zombie.  They're animated by magic, the bodies are just vessels for the magic.  That's like saying "I stabbed the Zombie's heart, it should die."  No, the organs and everything about the undead aren't used anymore.

Outside the Catacombs [[Bill, Galia, Ganron, Guard, Harmony, and Zoe]]

Inside the Floating Dwarf [[Illandrial]]

The Bartender appears to have a black eye. Apparently someone wasn't happy that the friend he was supposed to talk to never showed up. He glares at you "Yeah, why don't you go clear out those catacombs and I'll give you half of my profit for the day. Be sure to die while you're in there."

Hm... It appears he blames you for what happened to him. Maybe it'd be better to leave.

I said scoping it out from outside the tavern.  To see who came in and came out.  I haven't gone back in yet.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:27:41 pm by TealNinja »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:38 pm »

... Shit... I fucked up who said what.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »

Edited that a bit.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »

?

Why did I only get +5 on the crit confirmation roll for bonus to hit?

I should have had +13, actually, since crit confirmation rolls have +2 additional bonus thanks to one of my abilities.

Doesn't really matter, though.

Now...hmmm...to kill him or not to kill him...

@Tealninja: I'm not talking about the zombie's heart. I'm talking about the fact that if it's animated by magic and can die at all, I should be able to lop off one of it's limbs, or break a huge section of ribs. So it has nothing to do with vital organs, I'm just talking about their physical bodies that obviously have something to do with their movement and whatnot. Otherwise, why would they ever go down? You'd just get Dwarf Fortress zombies.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »

@Tealninja: I'm not talking about the zombie's heart. I'm talking about the fact that if it's animated by magic and can die at all, I should be able to lop off one of it's limbs, or break a huge section of ribs. So it has nothing to do with vital organs, I'm just talking about their physical bodies that obviously have something to do with their movement and whatnot. Otherwise, why would they ever go down? You'd just get Dwarf Fortress zombies.

Isn't the vital organs exactly what you're talking about?  That's what dextrous means; you are attacking vulnerable organs/muscles because once slashed, they become useless for a living person.  But a muscle being slashed can still be activated by magic.  You can smash their ribs.  That's what Strength is about.  Finesse doesn't do that.  You can cut a tendon, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't use that.  You can cut a muscle, but it doesn't care and it will trigger the muscle anyway, ignoring all negatives that might normally be implied or applied.  Dexterity doesn't sunder things.  Hence why Duelist should be Precision damage.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:07 pm »

What? Where are you getting that? How does that make any sense? The muscle can't 'activate' because it's not pulling anymore. Otherwise, why would an Orc zombie be stronger than a Kobold one? Or a Human one?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

What? Where are you getting that? How does that make any sense? The muscle can't 'activate' because it's not pulling anymore. Otherwise, why would an Orc zombie be stronger than a Kobold one? Or a Human one?

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore.  It looks like you're purely trying to draw me into talking about things that I don't know about.  I mean, you complained about me wanting weaknesses to be weaknesses, with the position that Dexterity based damage shouldn't be Precision, then argue about targeting weak points (which is all about being precise.)  Are you saying you want Precision damage to be applied to Undead?  If you really want to add precision damage versus Undead, I'm the one who's going to benefit the most.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2014, 08:56:11 pm »

I'm saying that Duelist damage should apply, because it's not precision damage in the same way. Sneak attack is about aiming for vitals. Duelist is about being swift and sure with your weapon; less hacking, more slicing. You are slicing off larger pieces of flesh by lengthening the cut due to being able to keep up with any movements they might make.

Not the same as Sneak Attack damage.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2014, 09:00:11 pm »

I'm saying that Duelist damage should apply, because it's not precision damage in the same way. Sneak attack is about aiming for vitals. Duelist is about being swift and sure with your weapon; less hacking, more slicing. You are slicing off larger pieces of flesh by lengthening the cut due to being able to keep up with any movements they might make.

Not the same as Sneak Attack damage.

Dueling is about attacking the musculature or the tendons.  Weak points.  Cutting is primarily using Strength, otherwise you'd be scratching the surface of the skin and not actually dealing damage, or you'd get to a certain point and get stuck (which is fatal in a duel.)  I mean, let's say I'm dead.  You're slicing flesh off my skin.  Why do I care?  So long as you don't cut off a limb (or my head), it affects me none.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 24, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »

Oh, phew. I can seem them. I was worried that I might not be able, being undead and all.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »

So, Nerjin, quick question: considering my character concept and all, would you mind if I funneled a few skill points into Autohypnosis later?

I mean, sure, it's from the psionic handbook, it's almost impossible I'll prevent my own death or anything with it until I can increase my Wisdom score, it's cross-class, and to reliably have a chance at managing anything harder than Memorize or Willpower I'd have to channel several levels' worth of points into the skill, but it has some cool uses and blends perfectly with my whole mentalist thing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:54:37 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 25, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »

Hm... Seems reasonable. Go for it.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66