Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread  (Read 66603 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:24 pm »

Y'know, this is really interesting discourse. Should probably have your characters say some of that since Galia has given you all an in to have your characters express some opinion here.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »

The XP stuff sounds good to me, but I'd like for people/commoners to be able to gain XP through ways other than killing monsters and the like. Training, ya know? Or just plain old time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2014, 08:59:44 pm »

I felt the same. Maybe we could implement the "training with weapon/armor for X amount of weeks nets you proficiency" rule?

EDIT: C'mon, guys, post. I feel guilty when half the thread is a run-on conversation between an NPC and I. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 08, 2014, 09:00:46 pm »

Nerjin, that sounds fair.
I think the character should choose what to level up in, but it should be logical, based on their background, and we should be able to train/influence them.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 08, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »

Well right now the end of the "Campaign" is when you kill the heroes. But... I do have... Something planned.

As for trading in levels... I guess I could do it somewhat similar to this: Commoners start with -300xp. When they hit 0xp their class levels up into what they would logically choose [Warrior, Adept, Expert] and then when they hit 500xp they become the next evolution of what they would become.

That sound about fair? Shouldn't take too long considering they're bumming around with Level 5's.

I should probably ask right now: Should the Character decide what they become or do you guys want to choose that? Perhaps let you guys choose the first level and they sorta pop around as need be?

Well... I dunno. I might actually let mind washed people gain levels after enough training. I dunno though. Thoughts on that? It seems like it'd be a good way to speed up the game.

Well, if any random shmuck has the spark necessary to become an actual adventurer, the world is likely so covered in them that we'd be better off hiding deep underwater.  Or sitting back, wait until the competition reaches the boiling point, and then casually conquer them while they're destroying their own numbers.

Are you gonna be like this the whole game? If so that's fine but I'm just trying to make a decent fun little evil stroll into victory. If I'm going to be questioned every step of the way I can handle that but I'd like to know.

Well, I know the rules better than you do, and I'm informing you of the rules in a generally hostile way.  I don't mean to be hostile, I'm probably just overly tired and incapable of carrying on polite conversation (especially as i lack tones, which i use to convey jocularity or brevity).

As far as Ganron gaining experience, I reference DMG page 105:
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

It describes followers rather than commoners, mercenaries or what have you, but as Ganron is currently /less/ than a follower, it doesn't seem reasonable to give him the benefits of experience.  If you want to give him the benefits of experience, there's a feat for that called Leadership, and it gives you a (singular) cohort that can gain experience and level.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:48 pm »

You can't take that until level 6.

Anyway, if you ask me, this is different. Leadership, from what I can tell, is implied to be through moral, or at least legal methods, i.e. the opposite of what we're doing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:09 pm »

Quote from: Suggest House-Rules
-Commoners who become relevant to your party [as honorary party members or something similar] start with -100xp. When they reach 0xp they become either an Adept, Warrior, or Expert. Then based upon the NPC when they reach 500xp they become a PC class.
-Players and NPCs with NPC classes can gain experience through training. They gain 10xp per day of training. If the trainer is of the same or similar class [Martail, Arcane, Divine, etc.] this is increased to 10*[Character’s Class Level]xp per day.
-You can gain weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies through training. You can train in this manner by A) Using said item for the duration of a combat encounter or B) Training in your off hours. Every hour spent training gives you a 5% chance at becoming proficient.

This is what I'm thinking of using for a few new house-rules.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »

A double post? Where?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

You can't take that until level 6.

Anyway, if you ask me, this is different. Leadership, from what I can tell, is implied to be through moral, or at least legal methods, i.e. the opposite of what we're doing.
There's a prestige class for that.

It's called Thrallherd.

Also, Leadership doesn't specify why they're following you, ever.  You can be an evil, slaughtering psychotic and, with enough Charisma, an Admiral Bicorne and the Leadership feat, you will attract followers.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

*Cough*SlaughterhouseNine*Cough*JackSlash*Cough*
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 08, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »

What?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2014, 09:59:31 pm »

There's a prestige class for that.

It's called Thrallherd.
Psionic.

Too late for that.

And if I wanted to be a psion, I would've. I prefer traditional magic.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »

What?
I assume you're "What?"ing my comment.
Have you ever read Worm?
I was introduced to the story by GreatWyrmGold and accomplices, and am currently on Arc 29 Chapter 4.
Jack Slash is... a spoilery character, but needless to say,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 09, 2014, 12:15:17 am »

I've worked out that Ilandrinal can Hustle for exactly 7 hours, taking a total of 41 nonlethal damage, and crossing 56 miles, if we find a trail or road. If we don't, we only cover 42 miles. He can walk for another two hours, covering another 8 miles. He might be ready to faint, but we'll be there. He could hustle for 8 hours, but then he would literally fall unconscious.
I, on the other hand, can run at x4 speed indefinitely. Aint nobody catching me.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2014, 12:25:42 am »

"That's pushing it too hard.  I can manage hustling for about 4 hours, and then walk the rest of the way."
Not so. Characters heal non-lethal damage at 1 point per level per hour, so 63 points would be reduced to 41.
Hour 1: 0 NLD - 5 = 0
Hour 2: 1 - 5 = 0 + 0 = 0
Hour 3: 2 - 5 = 0 + 0 = 0
Hour 4: 4 - 5 = 0 + 0 = 0
Hour 5: 8 - 5 = 3 + 0 = 3
Hour 6: 16 - 5 = 11 + 3 = 14
Hour 7: 32 - 5 = 27 + 14 = 41
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66