Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread  (Read 66570 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2014, 03:57:33 pm »

Your rules aren't numbered.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »

Rule 0 is the traditional rule of what the GM says trumps the rules.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »

Rule 0.
Common courtesy to state house rules at the beginning if they conflict with existing rules.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »

Okay. Let me try this again: I don't understand bouyancy. I don't really know how water craft works. So I made a decision based on faulty information. Drop it. If it comes up in the future I'll remember this little bit of information.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

And we never went on a boat again.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:59 pm »

Hey, at least we got the inevitable boat sequence out of the way early.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »

Much teasing was had at the expense of Ganron that day. Roughly eight hours later it was approaching night. Having decided that speed was key in this day the two commoners gave everyone a brief instruction on how to guide the raft while others were asleep. Whoever was at watch could easily pull this off and have enough time for nefarious purposes. The two commoners went to sleep before everyone else however. This left six south of neutral individuals unattended on the raft. Only one needed to keep the raft going throughout the night.

From the way Arsolf explained it, a raft could travel about four and a half miles on this river as its current was slightly faster than average. So long as somebody kept an eye on the boat the group could travel an additional 36 miles on top of the 36 already traveled. This would put the group at only 34 mile walk. Thus a week long journey could be cut into a two plus some day journey.

Still, that was for the morrow. For now, the commoners were asleep and the group was not.
For how far away we are.

We're about 65 or so miles from Lakeview; if we walk 10 hours a day(pretty easy, really; only able to walk for 8 hours a day is bullshit, but we can make the checks even so), hustle for an hour, with Ilandrinal doing his damnedest to make sure we have a good path/we follow a road, and if none of us have a heavy load(btw, average human walking speed IRL is 3.5 mph), we can get there in two days at best.

More likely, we'll get there in three, maybe four, with good roads/trails/Illandrinal getting good survival checks.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:24 pm »

What do you think we should buy once we get to Lakeview? I suggest getting a carriage and buying loads of spare trail rations, for starters, then pooling our cash to buy stuff like ten-foot poles, ________'s tools, that kind of thing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2014, 03:03:07 pm »

It depends on what we find there, and the general level of technology. I have doubts this is going to Eberron or anything like that, but a tireless horse or something might be nice.

Trail rations are inefficient in terms of money; it is in weight that they are efficient. I would suggest we simply buy food.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »

I thought that the idea was supposed to be that trail rations didn't spoil or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »

Much teasing was had at the expense of Ganron that day. Roughly eight hours later it was approaching night. Having decided that speed was key in this day the two commoners gave everyone a brief instruction on how to guide the raft while others were asleep. Whoever was at watch could easily pull this off and have enough time for nefarious purposes. The two commoners went to sleep before everyone else however. This left six south of neutral individuals unattended on the raft. Only one needed to keep the raft going throughout the night.

From the way Arsolf explained it, a raft could travel about four and a half miles on this river as its current was slightly faster than average. So long as somebody kept an eye on the boat the group could travel an additional 36 miles on top of the 36 already traveled. This would put the group at only 34 mile walk. Thus a week long journey could be cut into a two plus some day journey.

Still, that was for the morrow. For now, the commoners were asleep and the group was not.
For how far away we are.

We're about 65 or so miles from Lakeview; if we walk 10 hours a day(pretty easy, really; only able to walk for 8 hours a day is bullshit, but we can make the checks even so), hustle for an hour, with Ilandrinal doing his damnedest to make sure we have a good path/we follow a road, and if none of us have a heavy load(btw, average human walking speed IRL is 3.5 mph), we can get there in two days at best.

More likely, we'll get there in three, maybe four, with good roads/trails/Illandrinal getting good survival checks.

Ilandrinal has a terrible Survival check, only enough to feed himself when taking 10.  He also has 4mph walking speed, with high enough Constitution to do about 11 hours per day.  He's specialized in constant observing and stealth, so he's best in an urban location.

We also have to move at half speed while foraging (which, thankfully, most of us can do for ourselves.)  So we'll be covering at most 18 miles per day (for 12 hours of travel.)  Ilandrinal does have enough food for ~3 days of travel, so he could make the trip to Lakeview on his own.  Notably, Rikimaru doesn't have trail rations, and Dereth doesn't have enough trail rations, so those two would be left behind if we tried to force our way to Lakeview without foraging.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

I could split my rations with somebody, I have six days' worth.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2014, 04:16:37 pm »

I could split my rations with somebody, I have six days' worth.
Ilandrinal is the only one who can make the trip in 3-ish days, excluding Bill who would casually stroll there in a day.  Everyone else takes 4.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 07, 2014, 04:22:44 pm »

I could give 1 to Dereth and still have 1 left over. Not sure about how we'd handle it with Riki, though.

Also assuming interpersonal hatred doesn't get in the way.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 07, 2014, 04:47:15 pm »

I thought that the idea was supposed to be that trail rations didn't spoil or something.
They don't, not easily. Food can spoil within a week, but if we go a week without seeing any villages to buy food from, we're fucked anyway.

And why does everyone else take 4? even with 3 mph walking speed, we aren't that far away. We can go faster than 15 miles a day.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66