Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread  (Read 66671 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 25, 2014, 08:23:44 pm »

I'm saying that Duelist damage should apply, because it's not precision damage in the same way. Sneak attack is about aiming for vitals. Duelist is about being swift and sure with your weapon; less hacking, more slicing. You are slicing off larger pieces of flesh by lengthening the cut due to being able to keep up with any movements they might make.

Not the same as Sneak Attack damage.

Dueling is about attacking the musculature or the tendons.  Weak points.  Cutting is primarily using Strength, otherwise you'd be scratching the surface of the skin and not actually dealing damage, or you'd get to a certain point and get stuck (which is fatal in a duel.)  I mean, let's say I'm dead.  You're slicing flesh off my skin.  Why do I care?  So long as you don't cut off a limb (or my head), it affects me none.

*Sigh*

First off,  hitting the tendons so the zombie can no longer move is what I was talking about. Dueling is actually about not getting hit and killing them as quickly as possible, sometimes while observing the rules and forms of combat. Slicing away flesh gives less muscle mass to work with, and yes there are skeletons, but they aren't as strong as zombies, and with them I was talking about hitting brittle bones and shattering larger amounts. And again, slicing, not cutting. Different concepts, though similar. But as well, why would hacking into something's torso do damage when gutting them wouldn't?

Goddamn, man, can you just drop it? We're going in circles at this point.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »

Indeed, this is getting towards thread-cleaning levels of argument.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #512 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »

The undead is animated by arcane magic, and after suffering enough damage it stops functioning, anyhing that is detached from the core becomes nonfunctional.

I see what you're talking about Rolep, with the muscles, but this isn't undeadness inflicted by a disease Walking Dead style, this is magic zombies. There's a reason why skeletons can be animated as well. It's magic that's moving the limbs directly and giving them purpose, a necromancer doesn't pull on muscles to animate something.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:40:11 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 25, 2014, 10:42:37 pm »

So while you guys talk that out I'd like to point out that I'd like for a few of the quieter players to indicate what they're doing.

So far I have...

Rikki: ?
Harmony: ? [I'm pretty sure she went into the catacombs but not entirely certain]
Galia: Floating Dwarf
Bill: Catacombs
Illandrial: Floating Dwarf in a minute or two [Thought he was in the catacombs. But nope.]
Dereth: Looking for the others.

Ganron: ? [Presumed with Arsolf]
Arsolf: ? [Presumed with friends]
Zoe: Catacombs
Plius the Guard: Catacombs.

So if you guys could sorta indicate what you're doing if you're not accounted for that'd be great.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2014, 05:15:48 am »

Harmony is accompanying the Catacomb Party, waiting for action to happen.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2014, 05:19:32 am »

Riki joins with the others at the catacombs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2014, 10:30:45 pm »

Buuuump.

I wanna do stuff, even non-dungeon-related stuff, dang it. >:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:09 am »

Illandrial: You new disguise costs you 1 gold piece and 3 silvers for a small amount of various knick-knacks that [Disguise: 1+4] aren’t fooling anyone… Trying again you purchase 2 gold pieces of things and combining them with the earlier batch [Disguise: 3+4] you are much better disguised but you notice that some of this stuff is ripped… Giving it another try for 2 more gold pieces [Disguise: 4+4] you begin to wonder if anything in this town is worth the effort… Another try at 2 gold [Disguise: 12+4] is finally enough to net you a decent disguise. Some might be able to see through it, but only if they were trying. All it cost you was 7 gold and 3 silvers… This better work.

Sneaking into the Floating Dwarf via a second floor window [Hide: 5+13] is far easier than the disguise [Move Silently: 11+13] as is sneaking through the place. While listening you’re pretty sure you hear Galia trying her hypnotism stuff but you aren’t sure. Still your search for secret doorways [Search: 5+10] yields nothing and, in fact, cements the fact that this is simply an ordinary tavern so far as secret areas goes. Your search for documents [Search: 15+10] is much more fortuitous. You discover several indications that the owner of the bar is being held under the thumb of the thieves guild. While no names are mentioned a “Sir Red” appears to be a low ranking member who might be willing to cooperate for the right amount of gold on any task. He is also a viable fence. One interesting thing to note is that the guild has become rather wary of someone referred to as “Feldspar” though you don’t know who that is. Whoever they are they seem to think the guild is responsible for the undead in the city.

I, uh, don't know why I'd spend 7 gold for 4 Peasant's Garbs (1sp each).  Especially considering I have Appraise trained. Especially considering I can reuse stuff for a disguise, it generally just involves arranging the disguise better.  I mean, if it's ripped it probably isn't worth 1sp.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 28, 2014, 12:34:09 am »

Because the DM isn't ripping the prices straight from the book because his world isn't exactly like that?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2014, 08:34:28 am »

I sense scheming.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2014, 11:47:24 am »

Tawa... That sounds like OOC knowledge use to me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:46 am »

I hope no one minds that I didn't write a bunch of stuff because you people literally destroyed them in less than three seconds... Yeah... Go you guys!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2014, 11:56:54 am »

Guess they weren't meant to be level-appropriate?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2014, 11:57:34 am »

I thought that was kinda shaky, although it's kinda late for a retcon.

Although, arguably, if I had been in a similar situation, I would have checked the nearest spot the person I was looking for first, to be thorough.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2014, 12:00:19 pm »

Guess they weren't meant to be level-appropriate?

You'll see why they were there in a moment or two. Essentially, to keep Bill from getting himself killed.

I thought that was kinda shaky, although it's kinda late for a retcon.

Although, arguably, if I had been in a similar situation, I would have checked the nearest spot the person I was looking for first, to be thorough.

Fair enough I suppose.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66