Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 66

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread  (Read 66572 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] OOC Thread
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »

@Teal

I see... Alright. Just a heads up: I won't stop you guys from fucking eachother over, but I will ask for in-character reasons for it. As for your character I can't find anything that would stop you from doing so. So gank away I suppose.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2014, 08:21:32 pm »

For the record, any attempts to end members of our party's life will be met with severe disapproval by Dereth.

By 'severe', I mean 'rapier-tipped'.

No killing the things I need to use to help me fuck those bastards that 'won'.

Victory by any means and at all costs.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2014, 08:23:50 pm »

Quite interesting... Quite interesting.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2014, 08:24:24 pm »

I think Dereth just moved up a notch in my books.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 08, 2014, 08:25:56 pm »

So I think Ganron will be a constant party member at this rate... But I'm sorta wondering what happens to Arsolf in all of these plans.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:03 pm »

He might gank Ganron though, since he doesn't really see a use for him. Once he proves he's more than just your basic commoner, he might find him a non-complete waste-of-time.

So while he is Lawful Neutral and probably the most moral in some ways for the time, it would be more accurate to state that his alignment is/has become Pragmatic Douchebag. Not being evil for evil's sake tends to be more pragmatic. You can get under the radar a lot more easily by not making a fuss and slaughtering people, and generally playing along, and part of the reason he's never lost a fight is because he isn't actually arrogant. Confident, yes, but he fights on his terms with his stuff, and not otherwise except when forced. That's why he's capable of being part of a gang of evil overlords.

That, and the fact that at level 20 he'll have like 5 or 6 level 9 maneuvers.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2014, 08:29:59 pm »

Well... I dunno. I might actually let mind washed people gain levels after enough training. I dunno though. Thoughts on that? It seems like it'd be a good way to speed up the game.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »

Well, it depends, Nerjin, on how open-ended this campaign is.

If you end the campaign once all the heroes are dead, we'll be annoyed, I'm fairly sure. We want to fully reestablish an evil empire, and for that to happen, we need to actually have minions worth a damn.

I would suggest, first, the ability to 'upgrade' levels. From commoner to warrior or expert or adept, and from there to PC classes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »

For the record, any attempts to end members of our party's life will be met with severe disapproval by Dereth.

By 'severe', I mean 'rapier-tipped'.

No killing the things I need to use to help me fuck those bastards that 'won'.

Victory by any means and at all costs.

Well, currently, instead of working towards that goal, we're waiting for her to goof around with a commoner who would never amount to anything greater than "Body In The Way" or "Hostage."  She's putting far too much effort in for that.

Also, you have a significant lack of languages on your character sheet.  Unless you're going to claim you've only ever spoken Common near us.  I find it hard to believe that you'd pass enough bluff checks for us to wrongly believe you can't understand a language we used.

Well... I dunno. I might actually let mind washed people gain levels after enough training. I dunno though. Thoughts on that? It seems like it'd be a good way to speed up the game.

Well, if any random shmuck has the spark necessary to become an actual adventurer, the world is likely so covered in them that we'd be better off hiding deep underwater.  Or sitting back, wait until the competition reaches the boiling point, and then casually conquer them while they're destroying their own numbers.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2014, 08:37:55 pm »

Hey, he'll come in handy some day, I swear.

And if not, this thing could be called a characterization outing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »

Here's my stance on the whole Galia/Ganron thing:
If Bill finds Galia and Ganron kissing, and she's not casting Kiss of Death, Kiss of Draconic Defiance, Kiss of the Toad or Kiss of the Vampire, ie, any of the spells with 'Kiss' in the name, then some Owlbear Skeletons will start clawing their way out of the ground.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »

Well right now the end of the "Campaign" is when you kill the heroes. But... I do have... Something planned.

As for trading in levels... I guess I could do it somewhat similar to this: Commoners start with -300xp. When they hit 0xp their class levels up into what they would logically choose [Warrior, Adept, Expert] and then when they hit 500xp they become the next evolution of what they would become.

That sound about fair? Shouldn't take too long considering they're bumming around with Level 5's.

I should probably ask right now: Should the Character decide what they become or do you guys want to choose that? Perhaps let you guys choose the first level and they sorta pop around as need be?

Well, if any random shmuck has the spark necessary to become an actual adventurer, the world is likely so covered in them that we'd be better off hiding deep underwater.  Or sitting back, wait until the competition reaches the boiling point, and then casually conquer them while they're destroying their own numbers.

Are you gonna be like this the whole game? If so that's fine but I'm just trying to make a decent fun little evil stroll into victory. If I'm going to be questioned every step of the way I can handle that but I'd like to know.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

This is Bay 12. What do you expect?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »

That you guys trust that I do what I do for the good of the game. I'm really open to alternate interpretations of the rules and stuff. Hell I'll take any suggestion you guys have really. I'm new at this still so I don't know much about the game. But I would like to be given a little respect is all.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2014, 08:47:21 pm »

Here's my stance on the whole Galia/Ganron thing:
If Bill finds Galia and Ganron kissing, and she's not casting Kiss of Death, Kiss of Draconic Defiance, Kiss of the Toad or Kiss of the Vampire, ie, any of the spells with 'Kiss' in the name, then some Owlbear Skeletons will start clawing their way out of the ground.
* Tawarochir, wait, no Galia, wait, augh, one of them checks dndtools

Don't count on it.
That you guys trust that I do what I do for the good of the game. I'm really open to alternate interpretations of the rules and stuff. Hell I'll take any suggestion you guys have really. I'm new at this still so I don't know much about the game. But I would like to be given a little respect is all.
Fine by me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 66