Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Minecraft 1.8: Oceanic Ruins, Bunnies & More! - Survival Multiplayer  (Read 18154 times)

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft 1.8: Oceanic Ruins, Bunnies & More! - Survival Multiplayer
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »

Giveaway Drawing Today!

Enter for your chance to win one of the grand prizes and earn 10 bonus Panache! Get you some!

Y'know, that was almost enough to tempt me to reinstall Minecraft. But eh, effort and Civ V addiction.

Civ addiction is a helluva thing. It's probably not worth the effort to install Minecraft, I mean it takes TWO whole clicks to get it going--even more if you haven't already downloaded the installer! It's such a hassle, really, I wouldn't bother.  :P

i'll be almost sad to see this one end.  managed to trap 1 bunny.  gbtw and i just missed a cow. and built a secure room in the nether.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun and I'd be inclined to host it for an extended period of time however, I hate how it divides the  community between two separate servers. Eventually I'd like to host multiple worlds on a single server and connect them together with mods like Multiverse or something similar.

if was fun while it lasted and while these survival worlds are 'fun' to visit, i wouldn't want to live there.

i think with everyone involved and over several days, our total iron harvesting totaled to 5 bars.

When I was cooking up maps, I made a similar world with regular oceans instead, it was very beautiful and quite livable but, I decided against using it because, I knew I would get too attached.

Yeah, once we made the bucket, we pretty much won the map. I used it to cast and mould a nether portal and after I felt like I had accomplished what I set out to do. That darkroom spawner was a a right pain though, I swear it would get creepered every 30 minutes and rushing to patch it up while mobs continuously rain down on me is not an experience I will soon forget.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2014, 03:00:07 pm »

Y'know, that was almost enough to tempt me to reinstall Minecraft. But eh, effort and Civ V addiction.

Civ addiction is a helluva thing. It's probably not worth the effort to install Minecraft, I mean it takes TWO whole clicks to get it going--even more if you haven't already downloaded the installer! It's such a hassle, really, I wouldn't bother.  :P

I've also gotta fuck around in the console because Linux. and the fact that Oracle's JVM isn't available through the Ubuntu software centre. :v

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »

I've also gotta fuck around in the console because Linux. and the fact that Oracle's JVM isn't available through the Ubuntu software centre. :v

Yeah, I had a time of it when I set up an Ubuntu Minecraft server via SSH. It was my first excursion into Linux to boot, talk about learning curve. These instructions are probably pretty pedantic but, here's what I did to get Oracle's Java 8 going on that machine.

Spoiler: Arcane Incantation (click to show/hide)

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »

PTW

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2014, 10:02:14 pm »

Yeah, I had a time of it when I set up an Ubuntu Minecraft server via SSH. It was my first excursion into Linux to boot, talk about learning curve. These instructions are probably pretty pedantic but, here's what I did to get Oracle's Java 8 going on that machine.

...That's odd, the only bit the instructions I found showed were the last set. Are the first two steps more for getting it set up for a server, or...?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2014, 10:30:53 pm »

...That's odd, the only bit the instructions I found showed were the last set. Are the first two steps more for getting it set up for a server, or...?

This is simply a list of what I did to get Java running on a fresh Ubuntu install.

Step 1 is weeding out some DNS gremlins which you probably won't need to worry about since your not running your install headless via SSH

Step 2 updates your Ubuntu install and installs the software necessary to complete Step 3.

Step 3 adds the prescribed download repository, updates the prerequisite software we just installed in the previous step and installs Oracle's JVM 8. The final command is to verify that Java was properly installed, it should return something to the effect of:
(presuming the Linux deities bless you with their favor)

java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2014, 05:10:55 pm »

♫ Oh, the weather outside is frightful... ♫

Okay, chances are it's not but, just because it's 70°F (21°C) and green where you are doesn't mean you can't have some fun in the snow, or at least pretend to. So, do you wanna build a snowman? Head over here and delude yourself in our new, frosty giveaway.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:03:15 pm by evilnancyreagan »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »

Stop making me want to reinstall Minecraft. D:

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

Shouldn't this be moved to Play With Your Buddies?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2014, 08:11:20 pm »

or
"There's No Business Like Snow Business"

Spoiler: Prologue by Th4DwArfY1 (click to show/hide)
Join us as we celebrate this holiday season with our very own, original Minecraft event! It's up to you and your companions to uncover what evil things Chris Chrimbus and his cronies are planning in order to put an end to them and rescue the kidnapped villagers. Discover unique items while you enjoy an original story told through one-of-a-kind encounters. The festivities begin now and run until their culmination on the 28th, Stay tuned for the next chapter!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:37:15 pm by evilnancyreagan »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2014, 08:16:27 pm »

Guhhhhhhh. Why must you taunt me with this kind of stuff? D:

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:20 pm »

or
"Everybody Loves A Clone"

Spoiler: Part Two by Th4DwArfY1 (click to show/hide)
Part two of our Chrimbus Crashers event is now live! Gird your raiments and steel your resolve for it's time to seek out Melty the Magman's hidden clone laboratory and lay siege to it. Gather a group to put an end to the vile machinations of Melty and the Sisters of Spyze, stem the unrelenting tide of the Chrimbus clones and free the abducted villagers. The pain train departs the station now, get on board. Stay tuned for the final chapter!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »

Is it too late to join in? I've been busy for part one and most likely won't be free until tomorrow.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2014, 05:38:06 pm »

Is it too late to join in? I've been busy for part one and most likely won't be free until tomorrow.

Nah, you still have time. The raid is still being coordinated, sign up here  :D

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2015, 12:42:36 am »

Was about to jump on for no reason in particular, but I can't access the server, using either the IP address in the subreddit or the one I was sent via PM a bit ago (at least a month).  Anyone else having a problem connecting?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11