Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Badly interpret your reports!  (Read 6334 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Badly interpret your reports!
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:19 pm »

Based on the popular I Badly Draw your Reports thread, I wish to take upon myself the challenge of badly drawing your reports! Except, I am going to do it with a twist. To challenge my skills, I want to also make a 50 word story that goes with your report. I will try my best to interpret your ideas, concepts and reports. I do not promise the stories will fit your fortress, but I will try my best to do so. Any admissions will be taken, and I will try my best to make them into pictures and stories. All pictures will be rendered masterfully by the unskilled hands of me. In MS paint.

Post away! I am willing to do reports, screenshots, announcements and pretty much anything that you think could be funny as a picture. My only request is keep it vanilla, or give me something to work with (I have no idea what half of the things in Masterwork are). There is no shame in that I have to Google some of the animals before I draw them.

Disclaimer: I am not an artist. Or a writer.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:59:47 pm by They Got Leader »
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Badly interpret your reports!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 07:24:52 pm »

Do you only do reports?

I have a basic description of a creature, just a warm up, really:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »

That looks almost like the forgotten beast I had once. The red was probably 50% longer, and the scrolling took forever to get down to the bottom
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

Here is my 10 minute rendition. The text was a bit hard to read, so I assume its name was "Zuhu Smumakvutu", forgotten beast.

Zuhu was powerful. He was a forgotten beast, an ancient creature barely considered of this world. His size was intense, and his poison was deadly. He stalked around at night, easing his way into myth and legend by harassing mostly the local farmers. There was a nearby fortress that he had seen growing. It was time for him to take plunder and taste flesh.

I will admit that trying to get all of the intense scarring would be a but insane.

You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »

The demise of an evil puppy-assassin:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:24:29 pm by Panando »
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »

So, I've got a bit of a werebeast epidemic in my fort at the moment. Won't link the full report, as it's very repetitive, but..

After the beast changed back into a dwarf, the child ripped out his lower teeth, bit him in the arm and started shaking him about until he gave in to pain. I forget, sometimes, just how crazy this game is.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:07:36 pm by Urist McPanzerbeard »
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:40:11 pm »

The dog immediately jumped into action. The fortress was under attack! Thieves!  Without hesitation, instincts kicked in and the dog jumped and latched onto the opposing thief. A nearby marksdwarf watched on for a second, then excused himself to the dining hall for some booze. Having heard the sounds of screaming, the militia was roused and quickly dispatched the goblin shortly thereafter.

(I will get on the werebeast one in a bit)

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 11:01:52 pm »

I may or may not be able to find the report, but one of my favorite moments was from my themed-game Scoutbridge.  During the tantrum spiral that claimed the fort, one of my peacocks fought off, and killed, four dwarves.

Unfortunately, the peacock had its remaining lung injured during the last of the four fights and suffocated shortly thereafter.  Even so, I've always wished to somehow pay homage to that brave peacock.

I'll check my old DF folder and see if I can dig up the actual report.  I'd bet that peacock was named after one of the kills.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:29:13 pm »

a piglet keeps kicking a dwarf peasant, for about three pages in the report screen (in the midst of a tantrum spiral, crazy stuff like cats being thrown across the dining hall and the fort guards trying to keep order in the background if possible)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 12:49:32 am »

The child witnessed the transformation of the werebeast. He had but once choice: to kill the crazy creature that had plagued the fortress. He leapt at the man, kicking him in the face and freeing teeth from the werebeast. Once he landed, he immediately bit and latched onto the man’s arm, hoping that help would come.

Later he would be a hero. Later they would call him “Law-bringer”, but at the time, they scoffed at him. He saw their lawlessness and he brought law. Scoutbridge forever would sing songs of the glory of the peacock that slew four dwarves.

Life as a pig inevitably comes to death. This little piggy did not go to the market. No. He revolted and attacked his handlers. His parents had always said “oink oink oink oink”, which made no sense to him. But he took it to heart when they were hauled to the butchers shop…

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 01:26:49 am »

I don't have the exact report, but I had a very interesting FB that showed up naw my fortress, even though he didn't do anything. A fluffy blue koala twisted into humanoid form! It has 3 tails and it squirms and figets! Beware it's deadly spittle! I'd appreciate if you showed him fighting axe dwarves, clad in steel, please.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:28:38 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Boss Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:37 am »

Fath Dolilolin, Suturer cancels Handle Large Creature: Too insane.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »

The beast was mad. It twitched and fidgeted, slowly moving towards the fortress for which it was heading. Before it could reach its destination, however, it was met by dwarves. Dwarves clad in steel, moving to defend their land. They would do it, even if it cost them their lives.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 08:07:08 pm »

The beast was mad. It twitched and fidgeted, slowly moving towards the fortress for which it was heading. Before it could reach its destination, however, it was met by dwarves. Dwarves clad in steel, moving to defend their land. They would do it, even if it cost them their lives.
Great job thanks! This is actually really good. I certainly couldn't have done better.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »

Later he would be a hero. Later they would call him “Law-bringer”, but at the time, they scoffed at him. He saw their lawlessness and he brought law. Scoutbridge forever would sing songs of the glory of the peacock that slew four dwarves.
Awesome job!

*Sniff*

I salute you, Peacock whose name I cannot find in the legend file.  May you have found 30 peahens in whatever fowl afterlife greeted your tortured, heroic soul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4