Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Saber Team attack the alien ship?

Attack head on
- 1 (33.3%)
Hide behind an asteroid
- 2 (66.7%)
Other (Specify in a reply)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Project Blackbox [6/6]  (Read 8481 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Blackbox [6/6]
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2014, 07:17:54 am »

You look at the terminals, but the alien symbology makes your eyes hurt. You can't make heads or tails of anything on the displays.

"Copy, Saber. Confirm all aliens dead and then extract from the crash site. The HAZMAT teams will take it from here. Good job. Monitor out."

You hear the Blackhawk coming in to land.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2014, 09:35:13 am »

Aedan nods to himself.
"Alright, everyone! Make sure they're all dead and then head out."

Nunzillor

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2014, 09:44:01 am »

Aklaq makes sure the aliens are all dead by shooting their corpseshalf-heartedly checks some of the nearby aliens for life.  She then leaves for the extraction zone.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2014, 06:50:21 pm »

Erik speaks into a walkie talkie.
"Hear a helicopter out here"
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2014, 07:42:40 pm »

Do a final check for hostiles.

"Seems like all the Frogians are properly diseased, still, I want to use my toy here, so another check for me."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

Aedan checks as well.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2014, 08:13:31 am »

You look around the room. One of the bodies twitches-but it's just Aklaq, enthusiastically kicking the bloody corpse. Nothing surprises you on your way out of the craft, and you make it to the Blackhawk without incident. The pilot turns around and begins to speak.

"What the hell did you all find in there?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:13 am »

"Frogmen with blue blood. All of them died in the crash apparently."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:32 am »

"Jesus Christ. We better get you all back to base for debriefing."

He turns and speaks into the radio.

"Spyglass Actual, Spyglass 1-1. Saber 1-1 is onboard and we are outbound from the crash site. Spyglass 1-1 out."

Now is your chance to unwind and talk about the mission before your debriefing.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2014, 02:14:30 pm »

Bumping to see if you guys are still around and interested.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »

Sorry, time is at a premium.

"So, what did you all learn on your space adventure while I was outside having a picnic?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

Robert speaks up.
That our sergeant has odd thought processes. Also that there is a race of frogmen.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nunzillor

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2014, 03:15:23 pm »

Aklaq glances at the sergeant with a frightened expression before it quickly disappears.

"Nothing.  Nothing I care to repeat.  Just... the sergeant is... nevermind.  No hostiles."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:17:58 pm by Nunzillor »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »

"Hmm, I wonder if that was a ship to recruit us to some intergalactic council. Hope they don't think WE did that, that would not be a good day for us. Not at all.

Bench my LMG while thinking out loud
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2014, 09:15:06 am »

OPERATION: CRASHDOWN DEBRIEF

Spyglass and Saber elements deployed to Site Alpha to investigate potential crashed spacecraft. After deploying, Spyglass 1-1 remained on station in event of an emergency. Saber 1-1 confirmed visual on the craft, and moved to enter. Inside, Saber found numerous corpses and several still-functioning alien computer systems. On confirmation of zero survivors, Saber extracted. HAZMAT team Bravo sent in to clean up. Corpses and computer systems sent to Blackbox analysts and surgeons, decryption of hard-drives expected in approximately one week given apparent similarities to Mac OS [This isn't Independence Day. If it's that fast, we'll be lucky]. Sergeant McTavish recommended for psych eval after review of mission audio [Denied. We need him out there].

PROJECT BLACKBOX HQ

The Blackhawk comes in for a landing on the base helipad. As you exit, you get your first look of the HQ in daylight. Honestly, it isn't all that impressive. It's a bog-standard army base, and as far as you can tell there aren't any super-secret underground entrances or anything exciting like that. After you step down from the pad, you realize you have a few options.

You can:
  • Talk to your CO
  • Swap out your gear at the Armory
  • Grab some chow at the Mess Hall
  • Get some target practice in on the Firing Range
  • Head back to the Barracks for some rest
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16