Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue  (Read 19359 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2015, 10:29:42 pm »

"--and then I HIT HIM with the BOOK and so I SAID--" Titus was in the middle of regaling the group (whether they wanted to listen or not) with (suspect) stories of his past when the event happened. He didn't see the mage spasm though, having been far too wrapped up in himself.

"Eh? Something happen?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2015, 11:40:46 pm »

"Aalberg has gone wild, he needs to be put down." Tyria said to Titus, clearly joking, but her tone made it sound as if she was somewhat serious.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2015, 11:46:58 pm »

Lucian yawned and ignored the fuss.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2015, 12:26:18 am »

"So 'ey has, EH? Well, SANDS then! Always knew he was missin' a few BUSHES for a full OASIS. SHAME that. We shouldn't let him SUFFER, no MA'AM!" The hefty giant brought out his hatchet from atop the poorly burdened beast he was sat upon and inspected its edge. He drew his thumb across it and drew blood, nodding in satisfaction before cleaning his thumb off on his conveyance. The thumb had already healed.

"NICE an' QUICK, he won' feel a THING." He put on his best grave face.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2015, 12:47:26 am »

Seeing Titus' response to her first joke Tyria wondered just how far she could take the joke, all she needed was another target. But who? And then Lucian yawned.

"Oh no, now sir Lucian has started going mad, yawning is the first sign you see." Note to self: never yawn near Titus again.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2015, 12:49:25 am »

Lucian glared at Tyria, not appreciating the joke.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:16 am »

Having listened to Titus' speech, more out of curiosity than respect, though both were at the same level, Alessa looked back and noticed the subtle change of expression and emotion on Aalberg's demeanor.

"There's something wrong in the air, here. And that was not literal."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2015, 01:45:50 pm »

"I'm allright! Just kinda need to burn a thing."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »

Aalberg ponders the sensation he felt; it was some kind of immensely powerful energy that struck his mind in a massive tide—for unlike most, he had a natural affinity for magic, he could cast instinctively based on this intimate connection his mind had with magic. He surmised that might have been why the others hadn't felt it, or perhaps they had, and by comparison it was only a miniature flutter in their skulls. He had the unshakeable feeling something terrible was about to happen..

Not a few minutes later, Aalberg seizes again, this time he looks like he's in pain! He emits a strangled cry so distressful that it gets everyone's attention. This time when his body goes limp, he doesn't wake up. He flops once and tumbles from the saddle before Titus, who was riding closest, could do anything to help it. His wrist became tangled in the reins and they are jerked by his fall, frightening his horse which skids and rears once before coming to a stop.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

"Prophet preserve us, what just happened?" Sariya halts her horse before leaping off and rushing to attempt to revive the mage.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »

Sariya reaches Aalberg and confirms he's dead. She tries to revive him, but her magic doesn't do anything. She can't even figure out what's wrong with him.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »

"...He's gone. My magic is failing, and his spirit refuses to return to this world." Truth be told, Sariya was somewhat relieved. The reckless mage had forced their hand before they could decide on a course of action and was partly responsible for Alessa's near-death experience. "I suppose we should bury him. Do we know his next of kin?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:41 pm »

Alessa held her hand up, gesturing to stop.

"Let's not do anything hasty--maybe, for a moment, he may just be in a coma. It's a state of...preternatural unconsciousness which I read in a book I...borrowed. Long ago. I'll carry him on my horse, and if he doesn't stir within a time, or if his body starts exuding, well, foulness, then we'd really know he's gone."

A thought struck her.

"...Can you check the spirit world, Sari?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »

"Don't be an idiot. If the healer says he's dead, he's dead. There's no point in lugging a dead corpse around with us. Give him the respect of burying him before he starts to rot."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18