Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: changing the color of layers in a save  (Read 536 times)

superradish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
changing the color of layers in a save
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:10:28 am »

ok, i confess. I hate the color of the false adamantite. Microcline can also be green irl so i swap the 7 blue with 7 green and make it green. Easier on the eyes too, still realistic (yes, realism is important to me even with dwarven physics in the game.

how do i mod the save so existing layers change color? I've modded the raws, but.. i have save i like. please help!
Tharwen cancels butcher dead animal: interrupted by Zombie Badger

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: changing the color of layers in a save
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:23:14 am »

ok, i confess. I hate the color of the false adamantite. Microcline can also be green irl so i swap the 7 blue with 7 green and make it green. Easier on the eyes too, still realistic (yes, realism is important to me even with dwarven physics in the game.

how do i mod the save so existing layers change color? I've modded the raws, but.. i have save i like. please help!
All you need to do is make the same raw edit in your region1 folder (or whichever one is the save you like).  Probably easier to drop your edited file on top of the one in that folder.

You can muck around with the appearance of just about anything in a saved game.  And lots of other attributes as well, although adding or subtracting any objects doesn't work.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

superradish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »

ok this actually didn't work. thoughts? I changed it in region1's raw folders but when i load the game up the microcline still mocks me with its cyan color.
Tharwen cancels butcher dead animal: interrupted by Zombie Badger

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »

ok this actually didn't work. thoughts? I changed it in region1's raw folders but when i load the game up the microcline still mocks me with its cyan color.
That's odd.  Just to make sure, you went into inorganic_stone_mineral.txt and changed

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MICROCLINE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:microcline][DISPLAY_COLOR:3:7:1][TILE:134]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:100]
[IS_STONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2560]

to

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MICROCLINE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:microcline][DISPLAY_COLOR:2:7:1][TILE:134]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:100]
[IS_STONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2560]

and it didn't work?  (Your TILE: may vary depending on which graphics pack you have loaded.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map