Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Hidden Agenda: A Post-Revolutionary Forum Game [5/5]  (Read 9287 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Agenda: A Post-Revolutionary Forum Game [0/5]
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 01:45:08 pm »

The hilarious irony here is that revolution wasn't really perpetrated by anyone. It just sort of happened on it's own*:D
(unless Ghaz, Marahadja and 3man75 count as 1 party and we're waiting for more people?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:41 pm »

EDIT: Can we have 2 Conservative parties with different interests?
Sure you can. The Party system means nothing, for the moment. Chimerica is a revolutionary military Junta for the moment.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »

One conservative party is more about being the anti communist party between me being the jailer and ghaz being the Ex army colonel.

The other is just about making money.

Therefore Evil should change his name to something on the lines of the "Economic Party of Chimerica" and we'll just be angry liberal hating army/police people...with support from factory owners and farmers with money. :p

Or we can all just be one unified party that later contradicts itself that calls itself the Conservative Coalition For A Better Chimerica. ((This second option sounds !FUN!))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:51:56 pm by 3man75 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

wait a moment i have nothing against the communists as long as industrialism, the upper class and the military get their funding.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »

wait a moment i have nothing against the communists as long as industrialism, the upper class and the military get their funding.

Have you played this game before?

I mean communist/moderate liberals in a stereotypical world tend to slight rich people and the military.

For example with factories and other jobs they'll want a minimum wage (they do this in the game at the form of a crisis) that'll hurt and upset rich people and business owners. Than there's the military rivalry between the larger yet inefficient communist guerrillas and the small-medium sized elite conservative military. Both of which will lock horns over who gets what funding.

Middle ground is another party that's in this game.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

Since most of us are conservatives, I make a new character to spice things up;
Party Name: Juan Lopez Abado
Leader Name: Revolutionary front

Party Bio:  Taking a lot of inspiration from the USSR, they believe in heavy industrialion of the agriculture, a distancing from USA, and to improve the general welfare of the poorest. They also want to prosecute those involved in the bloodshed the former dictator caused. However, Jaun is known to be one of the least radical of the members in Revolutionary front. And is a good negotiator.
Role in the Revolution : The military backbone of the revolution, most of its partymembers fought the former dictator.

Primary Support basis:  Sub-commendant

- Secondary Support basis:  USSR ambassador
                                           Landless labourer

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 08:23:18 am »

Now then, it appears we have our 5 players, so now we can figure out positions. If you can decide amongst yourselves, feel free, otherwise I'll roll the dice.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 09:11:03 am »

Well im all for the Ministry of Defense.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:11 am »

Ministry of the interior for me.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 09:27:03 am »

I wanted that one :(
Since neither foreign affairs, nor agriculture are of intrest to my core demographics, I must regretfully become El Presidente.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 10:11:26 am »

I wanted that one :(
Since neither foreign affairs, nor agriculture are of intrest to my core demographics, I must regretfully become El Presidente.

Go for it a1s, but i have two questions: Do you have to have interest in the IMF, USSR ambasador, or the American ambasador to be external affairs minster or any other position? In the game you could put ANYONE to anything if i remember correctly. Besides i know in my state of florida, the guy handling medical policies in the state is has a degree in finance and the background of a banker. So it wouldn't be unrealistic for you to be put into a totally different if you were put into a totally different position than your interested subject.

Also i'm sure you'll be a good president, which character are you now though Conservative special forces captain or Revolutionary negotiator? Rev. Negotiator could be !!fun!! IMHO for me and Ghaz as you decide what help we get from and from who.

Wrong person sorry. Ya a middle path president could be fun...to manipulate  ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:15:17 am by 3man75 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 10:20:46 am »

I was mostly making a joke about how I'm "forced" into presidency. In actuality, I feel that as a centrist I'm the most qualified to run Chimerica without getting another revolution.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 10:37:56 am »

I was mostly making a joke about how I'm "forced" into presidency. In actuality, I feel that as a centrist I'm the most qualified to run Chimerica without getting another revolution.

ohhhh good sir, i can't wait to start. 2 more positions.

EDIT: Changing that to Agriculture since my cotton growing friends legally bribed lobbied me into it.

EDIT: to the user below me exterior was not taken and by laws of first come first serve, you are now the minister of the exterior. Congratulations.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:34:04 am by 3man75 »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 11:22:02 am »

Exterior, as I can't tell if it's taken.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 11:47:49 am »

Party Name: Liberal Commonwealth of Great Britain
Leader Name: Alexander Nix Forthwit

Primary Support basis: Rights Activist
Secondary support basis: The Docter, The Teacher

(Didn't notice two pages, so i'll waitlist, what do the TMC and IMF do)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:15:16 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8