Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 84858 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Tomorrow - an indie 4x space strategy game
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2014, 09:52:43 pm »

New Tracefile. Hopefully this one will provide more information.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07398455235846056516

If not, I'll run some more times to get you enough data.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »

Alright, I've been playing the original download for awhile and here are my thoughts, comments and general notes on gameplay:
Thanks for the detailed report!

• Tankers (ships with refuel module) should be able to extend the range of ships in the same fleet as it so they can use the ~31095 h.u Tunnel to the Galaxy Center early on.
I am not really sure here. Tankers are intended to refuel ships between jumps, but not making them able of long jumps! Otherwise there is no point in installing any fuel cell at all - you can rely on tanker's jump.

• Battle Satellites are easy to take out via Zerg Rush, and are near useless against anything with A) Long Range B) Shields.
Currently this is mainly because new satellite assets are missing in Alpha15. The only existing model has not enough room to install equipment like shield. This model will be removed in the Alpha16 and replaced by race-specific models of better design.

[/li][li]The Drills were politically absorbed into my 'Nation' in three rounds of negotiation. Is it supposed to be that easy? In contrast, I struggle to keep the peace with everyone else except the Arian, who are Allied or Respectful 90% of the time but utterly refuse to be 'Absorbed' into my 'Nation'[/li][/list]
Politics just requires more polishing... Currently there is too much of a random number generator. BTW, this code is open for modding if anyone interested.

• When I got everything the Drills owned, I suddenly had a massive food shortage. Apparently absorbing a race doesn't give you their racial advantages? Or their Hulls?
Merging with another race is quite buggy right now, and food shortage is one of these issues I need to work on. Thanks for pointing out!
Currently you do not get other race's advantages and hulls, I'll do this a bit later. The main reason thee races (Logans, Drills, Urgans) do not have their ship hull 'celled' well to be use by human player.

• On a similar vein, I noticed that ALL the Drill Troop Carriers couldn't travel to another planet. Curious, I put my plans of conquest on hold to get a Allied Stance with every other race except the Cat people (who I 'wiped out') and found that most races had peculiarities with their ships. Bug?
Bug.

• Two Agricultural Planets and I went from drastic Food Shortage of -415k to 5.34M. I now have a 5.6B food stockpile.
That's Easy setting. You get a massive bonus on food and resources.

• I proceeded to pound the... Logam? to submission, forcing them to ask for peace several times. I accepted each time, dumped 30000k of resources on them and demand every. Single. Planet. With a Battle Platform. Sucessfully. And then some just because.
    They are too dumb to have independence.
They felt you are too strong for them :)

[/li][li]Finally, are the Sharatar the only race which can escalate to deadly feud?[/li][/list] 
No :)

EditEdit: The A.I can flee, so is there a way the player can do the same?
Yes, you can. Menu->Orders->Retreat.
But you need to have enough fuel to do that. And a safe place to retreat.[/list]

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2014, 11:33:28 pm »

FOUND A BUG

VERSION: Alpha 15B

The Missile Trap on the top right seems to be making use of the fourth dimension and is looping around to the other side of the fighter. The spaces opposite of it cannot be placed on, but if I put something there first I can still place the part that reaches out over the side. It also happens with generators, and I'm assuming any other module.

Thanks, I'll fix this.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »

New Tracefile. Hopefully this one will provide more information.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07398455235846056516

If not, I'll run some more times to get you enough data.

Thanks, already got something. What kind of hardware do you use to run this? It seem to skip a lot of frames and draws like 1 frame per 5 second. Am I right?

Do you hear music while it runs?

I've prepared a new version of a "trace file generator", could you please try this one as well? :)
http://www.softwarware.com/rt_download/Eng/Remember_test.exe.zip

Edit: if it is graphics-related, then maybe one way to fix the issue is to use OpenGL rendering by setting "ForceOpenGL" setting in remember.cfg to "true"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:52:32 pm by Ufnv »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2014, 02:39:17 am »

Remember I said there was something screwy about population transfer mechanics? I don't know if you've looked into it yet or not, but I took some 'before and after' shots.

This is from Windows with 15B patch.
()==[:::::::::::::>

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:56 am »

So...any tips for not sucking? :P

I kinda just got owned by Uglyians because I literally can't build a single corvette due to shortage of materials... I have like two or three mining worlds with good stuffs I don't get it. How do space lizards afford shit when I can't? I'm on freakin Easy too... Are my ships just too good for my resources??

Oh and did I mention these bastards randomly attacked me across the 8 billion light year space lane from the literal edge of the galaxy to the planet right next to my homeworld?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2014, 07:44:23 am »

Oh and did I mention these bastards randomly attacked me across the 8 billion light year space lane from the literal edge of the galaxy to the planet right next to my homeworld?

this

in my current game (the one with op pirates) i got invaded across a 56k lane

the fleet was mostly corvettes

dunno what kinda stuff the urgans get, but i have to more or less dedicate a frigate to fuel if i want to jump that one, corvettes get to ~30k and that's all fuel tanks + 1 plasma engine

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2014, 08:08:43 am »

You can add a freighter or two full of fuel and a refueling module to your fleets to increase range, though doing so will slow it down. If you're afraid of losing them in battle, you can just leave them by a star adjacent to the one you're attacking, if you added at least some fuel to your combat ships.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2014, 08:23:37 am »

i thought you can't refuel while moving between stars...?

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2014, 09:14:07 am »

There seems to be a bug that allows AI ships to fly to a longer distances than their design allows...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2014, 09:16:15 am »

You can't indeed. I guess I misunderstood your question, sorry. By range I meant range away from friendly planets. You can still do that thing I suggested, but it does require stars to be relatively close to each other to work.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2014, 09:16:36 am »

So...any tips for not sucking? :P

I kinda just got owned by Uglyians because I literally can't build a single corvette due to shortage of materials... I have like two or three mining worlds with good stuffs I don't get it. How do space lizards afford shit when I can't? I'm on freakin Easy too... Are my ships just too good for my resources??

If you upload your save game somewhere I can explain what is happening.

What are your finances? How many resources do you mine. 2-3 world are actually nothing, to build a good fleet you'd better have 10+ of them. Initially concentrate on plutonium mining.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2014, 09:20:26 am »

Remember I said there was something screwy about population transfer mechanics? I don't know if you've looked into it yet or not, but I took some 'before and after' shots.
Thanks!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2014, 10:02:47 am »

You can't indeed. I guess I misunderstood your question, sorry. By range I meant range away from friendly planets. You can still do that thing I suggested, but it does require stars to be relatively close to each other to work.
It'd be kinda neat if you could push an asteroid out into space and turn it into a satellite, then use it as a refueling station. Not sure how convenient that is logistically.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2014, 10:09:52 am »

It is easier to build a small colony, that will act as a refuelling station.

BTW, I plan t add in the nearest future some technologies related to tunnels. To allow for temporary collapse, create, travel faster, etc. So, this will be one more FTL alternative and will be breaking defencing strategy late game.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31