Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 84860 times)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Tomorrow - an indie 4x space strategy game
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2014, 10:18:43 am »

I don't see why. A lot of people do own older versions though, since Mac are impossible to upgrade.
That's because my work computer runs 10.9 and newer XCode does not easily allow anything lower than 10.8 :)

OK, I'll try to build it for 10.6.8 using my daughter's first generation Mac Mini :)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »

Mac version (this time for 10.9) is available at http://www.softwarware.com/eng.html

10.6.8 to follow

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »

surely a op as hell battlecruiser filled to the brim with also op as hell assault shuttles can defeat three corvettes

Spoiler: right? (click to show/hide)

what was that lategame fighterbuster i heard about...? i kinda flew through the techs here

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »

Did the fighters shoot down your assault shuttles? :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2014, 02:41:36 pm »

surely a op as hell battlecruiser filled to the brim with also op as hell assault shuttles can defeat three corvettes

Spoiler: right? (click to show/hide)

what was that lategame fighterbuster i heard about...? i kinda flew through the techs here
32 high tech shuttles vs 1837 even low-tech fighters are a bit not equal... :)

You need a "bozon gun" here.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »

The tutorial got stuck when I tried it (with 15b on windows 8.1):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It said to click on the Toliman star after I moved my scout ship there, so I did, and it did not react, but when I right-clicked instead it started working (presumably because it was still in route-choosing mode until I right clicked). Then it told me to click on the planet. When I clicked on the planet it went to this screen but was still telling me to click on the planet. Nothing I clicked on on this screen had any effect at this point, and it was impossible to back out (all the buttons are disabled by the tutorial).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:21 pm »

The tutorial got stuck when I tried it (with 15b on windows 8.1):

It said to click on the Toliman star after I moved my scout ship there, so I did, and it did not react, but when I right-clicked instead it started working (presumably because it was still in route-choosing mode until I right clicked). Then it told me to click on the planet. When I clicked on the planet it went to this screen but was still telling me to click on the planet. Nothing I clicked on on this screen had any effect at this point, and it was impossible to back out (all the buttons are disabled by the tutorial).
Thanks for the finding, I'll fix this.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Mac version (this time for 10.9) is available at http://www.softwarware.com/eng.html

10.6.8 to follow

10.6.8 is also there.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »

Spoiler: bozon'd (click to show/hide)

really could use a decent way of comparing ships

i mean, i know that lions have a quadruple gravgun and a proton accelerator installed

or that the af-0 is pretty much an armored bozon gun designed for being disposable

but yeah 2k fighters - dunno how the ai even managed upkeep, but it took me effort to take it down even though i used scrub-tier methods

time to expand through their land space i guess

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2014, 03:32:18 pm »

but yeah 2k fighters - dunno how the ai even managed upkeep, but it took me effort to take it down even though i used scrub-tier methods

time to expand through their land space i guess
I guess these we're initial pirates that were waiting too long to be invaded :)
Pirates have zero upkeep...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »

huh, figures. good enough then

and yeah that was the case

by the time i got a bunch of cruisers up there, they already had over 300 fighters

fun times were had by everyone

in other news the planet is revolting now

fun times are still being had by everyone

do i just drop more marines on it or what

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »

do i just drop more marines on it or what
Keep marines on orbit and build aliens control centre

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »

Alright, I've been playing the original download for awhile and here are my thoughts, comments and general notes on gameplay:

Note: This was on easy with tunnels on as low as possible. The tunnel thing was intended to force confrontation early on.

• Tankers (ships with refuel module) should be able to extend the range of ships in the same fleet as it so they can use the ~31095 h.u Tunnel to the Galaxy Center early on.
    • Battle Satellites are easy to take out via Zerg Rush, and are near useless against anything with A) Long Range B) Shields.
    • Battle Platforms are the opposite- the Urgals blocked off the center of the galaxy, forcing me to use the ~31095 h.u tunnel
    • Magellans are like elves in Dwarf Fortress. Hypocritical, Passive-Aggressive jerks with a habit of forcing me to dump 50000K of resources so I can send colony ships to the Galaxy Center.

• The Drills were politically absorbed into my 'Nation' in three rounds of negotiation. Is it supposed to be that easy? In contrast, I struggle to keep the peace with everyone else except the Arian, who are Allied or Respectful 90% of the time but utterly refuse to be 'Absorbed' into my 'Nation'
    • When I got everything the Drills owned, I suddenly had a massive food shortage. Apparently absorbing a race doesn't give you their racial advantages? Or their Hulls?
    • On a similar vein, I noticed that ALL the Drill Troop Carriers couldn't travel to another planet. Curious, I put my plans of conquest on hold to get a Allied Stance with every other race except the Cat people (who I 'wiped out') and found that most races had peculiarities with their ships. Bug?
    • Two Agricultural Planets and I went from drastic Food Shortage of -415k to 5.34M. I now have a 5.6B food stockpile.
    • I proceeded to pound the... Logam? to submission, forcing them to ask for peace several times. I accepted each time, dumped 30000k of resources on them and demand every. Single. Planet. With a Battle Platform. Sucessfully. And then some just because.
      They are too dumb to have independence.

• Finally, are the Sharatar the only race which can escalate to deadly feud?

Edit: Getting the new update now.

EditEdit: The A.I can flee, so is there a way the player can do the same?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:43:41 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2014, 04:42:46 pm »

FOUND A BUG

VERSION: Alpha 15B

The Missile Trap on the top right seems to be making use of the fourth dimension and is looping around to the other side of the fighter. The spaces opposite of it cannot be placed on, but if I put something there first I can still place the part that reaches out over the side. It also happens with generators, and I'm assuming any other module.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »

Using the Fourth Dimension should be a research tech.

Also, is there a way to rotate modules? It doesn't make sense for modules to work in only one orientation, with the exception of all the engines except the Gravity one.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31