Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 84692 times)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »

The rotation is also smooth now. Here is the in-game video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASseCuWJKiM

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

Some new in-game screenshots - Human Corvette, Frigate and Dreadnought in scale:

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 22, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

Is tactical combat beeing reworked? I mean i don't get it why only a handful of weapons have more range than the length of the ship. In human history when this was the case, ramming was most useful tactic (i dont think there is ramming ingame?).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:46:15 pm by lastverb »

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2015, 04:50:30 pm »

Is tactical combat beeing reworked? I mean i don't get it why only a handful of weapons have more range than the length of the ship.

Yes, it is being reworked. However weapon ranges will not change dramatically. Currently majority of weapon have range of at least 2x length of a typical ship that uses it. Making much longer range will force to zoom out and overall not that nice picture.

What range would you consider as right? I was primarily looking at something like Star Wars movie combat ranges :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:53:41 pm by Ufnv »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2015, 10:34:36 pm »

Is tactical combat beeing reworked? I mean i don't get it why only a handful of weapons have more range than the length of the ship. In human history when this was the case, ramming was most useful tactic (i dont think there is ramming ingame?).
My impression is that most of the weapons have particular thing they're good at. Not every weapon is good at long range KILLING.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:38 am »

The rotation is also smooth now. Here is the in-game video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASseCuWJKiM

Wow that looks a lot of fun.  Hopefully it won't slow down the game by much for large-scale fleet battles  :D

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 24, 2015, 10:58:27 am »

Wow that looks a lot of fun.  Hopefully it won't slow down the game by much for large-scale fleet battles  :D

No. This requires a bit more memory, but everything within 1GB of RAM and 256-512MB of graphic card RAM that is now standard even for low-end PC...

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2015, 03:33:03 pm »

Downloading now. looks awesome.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »

Please note the several last pages discuss the content of a new version, not that one available for download :)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 25, 2015, 01:19:09 pm »

Please note the several last pages discuss the content of a new version, not that one available for download :)

Have I mentioned I can't wait? :] I'm already trying to figure out new tactics to get around or incorporate the planned Stealth, Land Invasion, and possible Missile Speed Loader.

Have you thought about adding in new Defensive Modules? I got into Gundam Seed and found Anti-Beam Charges intriguing, they block (or weaken) most Energy Weapons... both ways, they can't hit you but you can't hit them either. Great for someone planning on having a Missile Oriented Navy since it doesn't stop physical objects. Like, say, Missiles and Torpedoes.

As is, it is really easy to stop missiles and torpedoes but hard to protect against Beam and Blaster weaponry- your only options are better armour, shields, and/or to use fighters as a 'meatshield'.

Additionally, these would also force some people to choose between Lasers or Missiles, as Anti-Beam Charges would block your own laser fire as well as your opponents- it'd also be hilarious to see someone make a Laser Dreadnought blocked by it's own Anti-Beam Charge's. :)

... Well. I went overboard a bit, didn't I?

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2015, 04:57:39 pm »

Yes, I plan both new attack and defence technologies.

Attack ones are "missile speed loader" that allows quickly reload missiles from a big storage and "missile clusters" that allows big ships to throw simultaneously a big number of missiles/torpedoes.

Defence ones are some kind of fog that affects beam weapon (can be exactly these depth charges), "tractor beam" that changes trajectory of incoming energy blasts, active missile traps that fools self-guided missiles, etc.

So the idea is there will be 6-7 big changes in the whole tactics during the game duration to account for new technologies.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:00:06 pm by Ufnv »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:56 pm »

Yes, I plan both new attack and defence technologies.

Attack ones are "missile speed loader" that allows quickly reload missiles from a big storage and "missile clusters" that allows big ships to throw simultaneously a big number of missiles/torpedoes.

Defence ones are some kind of fog that affects beam weapon (can be exactly these depth charges), "tractor beam" that changes trajectory of incoming energy blasts, active missile traps that fools self-guided missiles, etc.

So the idea is there will be 6-7 big changes in the whole tactics during the game duration to account for new technologies.

Excellent. Hrmm, maybe I should read up more on specific Sci-Fi Technologies, see if I can stumble on interesting or obscure ideas...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 01, 2015, 02:38:39 am »

No. This requires a bit more memory, but everything within 1GB of RAM and 256-512MB of graphic card RAM that is now standard even for low-end PC...

That news is a blessing!  Great work. :D

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 02, 2015, 03:54:57 pm »

Here is the video of how the newly modelled Human battlecruiser looks like in game:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow

Best viewed in HD.

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:48 am »

Here is the video of how the newly modelled Human battlecruiser looks like in game:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow

Best viewed in HD.

Looks like a Kiev-class "battlecruiser" (carrier indeed) to me. Yummy, like it.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31