Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 84649 times)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)
« Reply #390 on: January 04, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »

Yes, it is possible to add new units or replace existing ones. It requires, however, to have a full "rotation" set of a ship in a 400x300, plus top view for each ship deck...
Next version will however have a bit different requirements for these images than the existing one

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 04, 2015, 11:00:41 pm »

Yes, it is possible to add new units or replace existing ones. It requires, however, to have a full "rotation" set of a ship in a 400x300, plus top view for each ship deck...
Next version will however have a bit different requirements for these images than the existing one

I will be happily waiting ...... Thank you for being so considerate :D

"It requires, however, to have a full "rotation" set of a ship in a 400x300, plus top view for each ship deck." --- This sounds exactly like the "Space Empires 5" unit modding style; thank Heavens for not making it too complicated.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:14:31 pm by titaniumsub »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2015, 02:04:15 pm »

ptw
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »

So, from my point of view, this Galaxia will be a unique gem that can fill in quite a few vacancies of the space 4X game list: as simple or as flexible as the players' wish.)

Agreed, I eagerly look forward to it!

Will there be a 'Manual' or 'Tutorial' to explain how to do this and other things related to modding? Not only would it be useful, but it would emphasize the Flexibility and Freedom the player has in this game!

Last but not least, is there a way to make your own maps? I can see people modding this to play in the Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica and Starship Troopers 'Verses, amongst many, many others.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:20 am »

Will there be a 'Manual' or 'Tutorial' to explain how to do this and other things related to modding? Not only would it be useful, but it would emphasize the Flexibility and Freedom the player has in this game!
Sure. It is quite simple actually. Just copy assets into some certain directory and modify a path in a "ship.all" file.

But I am now working on new ship assets.

Some concept art for new ships can be found here:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow/images/human-frigate
http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow/images/spaceship-concepts#imagebox

This is how a new ship looks like in game.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow/videos/space-ship-rotation#imagebox

Also working on new racial images:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow/images/race-concept#imagebox

Meanwhile, galaxy map view is also reworked and now it shows also your and others "territory", plus uses another background image and overall different colour scheme:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/galaxia-remember-tomorrow/images/galaxy-view-screenshot

Espionage is done and it seems to be quite interesting. You have much less information in the beginning, but can get a lot more with the help of your spies. However, you never can be 100% sure it is correct and not a disinformation :)

Ground combat also works.

So now I concentrate on diplomacy part and AI be more "natural" in it.
Second thing I do is working on "late game" issue, to ensure the gameplay is interesting and challenging during later stages.
There are three main things I am going to implement regarding this:
1. Make races to unite to offer a more or less equal opponent to Player's alliance
2. Have a number of strategy- or tactics-changing technologies, that make old strategy or tactics not efficient
3. (maybe) Introduce a global "external" threat close to end game - like Antarans in MOO - that also change diplomacy, strategy and tactics.

Last but not least, is there a way to make your own maps? I can see people modding this to play in the Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica and Starship Troopers 'Verses, amongst many, many others.
Yes, you can easily make your own maps even now. You can go to "Scenario/" directory, take any of the scenario files there (I propose Scenario/tut/base.scn), copy under new name and edit it - it will appear in the galaxy selection window...
Scenario is basically a game state snapshot, so there you can also create fleets, set initial relations between races, etc.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 30, 2015, 08:28:35 pm »

Looked at the pictures, very nicely done- the human Frigate reminds me of The Condor from the Stormhawks, but I think it's just the colour scheme and the 'Pronged' shape.

The territories screen will be very useful, the old 'glowy colours' scheme made it really easy to accidentally pass a enemy planet by, only to have it  build a Troop Carrier and invade a planet or two. I even had a term for this- 'Insurgency'.

I even lost to one of these once since the planet in question was able to build several Frigates, Fighters and Troop Carriers and hold me off long enough to build up even more since I'd been at war with another race at the time. Been paranoid about them ever since...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2015, 12:59:00 am »

I love the new art, it looks amazing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

szaki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »

When we get a 15E ? :) I cant wait to get this and new tactical combat window.

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 01, 2015, 06:23:20 am »

I love the new arts too, but later I will still replace those alien portraits with "12 Zodiacs" pretty faces.  :D
The new ship designs are superb.

Please keep up your good work.  This is a solid and interesting game worthy of fans' time.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 02, 2015, 03:48:33 pm »

I will not be releasing 15E, instead I'll make a full 1.6 with all new features included. However I still do not have a date for it - very much dependent on how quickly I'll be getting new ship art.

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

Please take your time, because good things typically can not be made in a hurry (such as good food, good game).

I have already planned to put the white ships of your design under the race of "Aries", yellow ones under "Taurus", and green ones (seen at the Youtube video clip) under ... well, still thinking.

Particularly thank you for providing players with modding opportunities.  :)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2015, 04:37:42 am »

Some update on art - this is how concepts translate into in-game models:

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2015, 10:24:54 am »

:D
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2015, 02:36:03 am »

Wow, great for my projected Gemini Tribe (or Cancer? with 2 claws).  :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:38:13 am by titaniumsub »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »

That looks alot more terrifying then they do currently, may play as Humans more often after the next update!
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31