Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 84653 times)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)
« Reply #375 on: December 23, 2014, 01:11:17 am »

However, I can not open or see into the image package, so I am not sure what should be rage image sizes for those small jpg files and "big" png files.  Such as 64x64? 128x128? Or else?
Small images are 120x20, big ones are 1024x1024. However, small deviation do not really matter.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 23, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

How modable do you imtend this game to be?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:38 pm »

However, I can not open or see into the image package, so I am not sure what should be rage image sizes for those small jpg files and "big" png files.  Such as 64x64? 128x128? Or else?
Small images are 120x20, big ones are 1024x1024. However, small deviation do not really matter.
Thanks, that will help a lot.  :D

But 120 x 20 looks a bit oddly thin...... Are you sure not 120 x 120 instead? :o
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:55:46 pm by titaniumsub »

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:02 am »

But 120 x 20 looks a bit oddly thin...... Are you sure not 120 x 120 instead? :o
Sure 120 x 120 :)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2014, 03:01:37 am »

How modable do you imtend this game to be?
Nearly fully modable. There are only a few things hardcoded due to performance reasons - Tactical AI and tough functions of Strategic AI. But everything else is movable including resources, buildings, races, economical rules, planet types, ship types, weapon, etc, etc

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2014, 05:17:28 am »

Sure 120 x 120 :)

Too late.  I have already replaced those race portraits with 120 x 20, so they all look like sausages or hotdogs now ... lol just kidding   8)

BTW, glad to know this game is so moddable, which will surely bring me a lot of extra fun.  Thank you buddy, and wish you a Merry Christmas in advance!  :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:21:23 am by titaniumsub »

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

I have got an idea ......

If possible, Ufnv, when you update those races in your game, please consider extending the number of races into 12 ...... Why can't have 12 zodiac races fighting each other for fun?  In previous space strategy games, I have never seen anyone ever incorporating the "12 zodiacs".  That might make this game even more attractive and popular (I myself, is a Leo, and I have been dreaming of conquering the whole universe under the banner of that wild kitty, though my kids firmly disagree --- "Why you? Why can't be us, Aries or  Gemini?" :D)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:15:42 pm by titaniumsub »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:59 pm »

If possible, Ufnv, when you update those races in your game, please consider extending the number of races into 12 ...... Why can't have 12 zodiac races fighting each other for fun?  In previous space strategy games, I have never seen anyone ever incorporating the "12 zodiacs".  That might make this game even more attractive and popular (I myself, is a Leo, and I have been dreaming of conquering the whole universe under the banner of that wild kitty, though my kids firmly disagree --- "Why you? Why can't be us, Aries or  Gemini?" :D)
What?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2014, 08:25:13 pm »

What?

Don't you like the idea to have 12 zodiac races in the space 4X game?  :)  I thought that might make the players feel even more "personally involved".

Of course, Ufnv does not have to design those specific zodiac races; as long as he can extend the # of races to 12, I or the other player(s) can mod the races by our preferences.  But if there are only 6 or 9 races allowed in the game design, it might limit the moddable possibility.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:34:04 pm by titaniumsub »

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 01, 2015, 11:19:08 am »

Up to 30 races are possible, up to 64 resource types and up to 128 building types...

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 02, 2015, 01:19:07 am »

Up to 30 races are possible, up to 64 resource types and up to 128 building types...

Wow, that sounds superb!  Does that mean we can add our own customized races in your future versions of the game?   :D

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 02, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »

Wow, that sounds superb!  Does that mean we can add our own customized races in your future versions of the game?   :D

Given he said that 30 races are 'possible' instead of 'planned', I'd have to say yes?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2015, 05:14:32 am »

Given he said that 30 races are 'possible' instead of 'planned', I'd have to say yes?

That is what I need to know.  Single-handed creating 30 races all by oneself will be a nightmare to anyone (and will leave him no time for any other updates).  As long as the author can prepare 30 possible slots and fill in some, I guess the other players can fill in the rest at their discretion.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 03, 2015, 02:11:21 pm »

You can add a new race even now.

This is done by copying some of racial .a files (like "r_hum.a") under some new name, then adding '#include ' to this file into "rtq.a" file, adding new race ID into "const.a" file then changing internals of this new file. You can simply erase all phrases that has Russian letters inside - it will use default phrases then.

titaniumsub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 03, 2015, 09:43:01 pm »

You can add a new race even now.

This is done by copying some of racial .a files (like "r_hum.a") under some new name, then adding '#include ' to this file into "rtq.a" file, adding new race ID into "const.a" file then changing internals of this new file. You can simply erase all phrases that has Russian letters inside - it will use default phrases then.

Wonderful!  But is it possible for me to add new units (or replace the existing ones) corresponding to that new race?  If so, which directories shall I put those unit files into?

So far, during the early stage of play-testing, I am totally fine with using existing shipsets for new races; but in the future, I might become "greedier" and want to give each new race a unique set of units ... :)  So, in the future, please also consider the possibility of allowing players to add their own unit designs for their newly created races.  Thank you in advance!

(Space Empires IV and V have the most superb moddability for adding races and units, which greatly enhance their replayability.  Unfortunately they are turn-based, not real-time.

Master of Orions III and Birth of Federation do not have much moddability, and they are also turn-based.

Galactic Civilizations II has fine moddability, but is still turn-based, and fighting scale is so-so.

The other space 4X games are typically 3D, so they require a beefy machine to play and fight in big scales. Even the 2D and real-time "Distant Worlds" is rather difficult to deal with large-scale operations.

So, from my point of view, this Galaxia will be a unique gem that can fill in quite a few vacancies of the space 4X game list: as simple or as flexible as the players' wish.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:39:35 pm by titaniumsub »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31