Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26822 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye
« Reply #510 on: May 03, 2015, 11:18:13 pm »

"Well... I suppose a friendly test of skill is hardly worth rejecting. How would you like to do this? First contact? First blood? To yield?" Saresh smiled. One of the many things he desired was to grow stronger- and turning down a chance to grow and learn was unthinkable.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 04, 2015, 01:01:31 am »

"To yield. I do not fight at my peak until the pain of my wounds clears my mind and focuses my purpose. I have fasted in the past to similar, if less useful, effect."

He drew the sword he had taken. Truth be told, he also sought a chance to test it's balance and particular quirks in battle himself before facing down an enemy who would give no quarter.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 04, 2015, 05:09:48 am »

Saya doesn't even wait until the end of the fight, and goes to get a healer, just in case.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Prologue: Baptism
« Reply #513 on: May 04, 2015, 05:19:29 am »

Varion watch as the rest of the group duel, he prefers to just sit on the side watching rather than sparring with them. "Well if you gonna be fighting, I will just go take a walk around here and see if I can find something interesting."

Then Varion walks over to Fedrico and Rooster.
"I saw you were playing some kind of board game earlier, do you mind showing me?"
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:07 am »

"Oi, pretty-boy!" She called to Kratouf. "Krump 'im a good one! Heh, looks like we started somethin', boss."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2015, 01:45:23 pm »

"A board game? Oh, you mean that game... Well, if everyone is finished shopping, I believe a game could be fun... Federico, get the pieces and the board. And don't you dare to cheat this time."

"That wasn't cheating, that was creatively interpreting the rules of the game..."

Federico took a box from behind a pile of weapons. It had an inscription on the top saying "FEF: Tabletop Edition 2", and it had a blurred drawing of several people with blue hair wielding swords. On the inside of the box was a book, most likely the rules of the game, a board and a lot of wooden pieces resembling soldiers of several types, as well as a handful of mythical creatures.

As Federico was setting the board and about to start explaining the rules to Varion, a rider got to the camp. It was a young girl, most likely not older than sixteen. She was riding a strong and beautiful mare. Everyone could see that it was a wonderful specimen. However only Saresh and Saya, due to their experience with similar steeds, realized that the mare was one of the Ilona, legendary horses bred in Helenia, faster, stronger, more resilient and with a longer lifespan than normal horses, they reached incredibly high prices, enough to buy someone a nobility title. The girl herself was wearing travelling clothes, although they were of pure white, and a helmet that covered part of her face (and considering the size of the mare, she really needed the helmet). The clothes were of high quality, as were the saddle and saddlebags her mare was carrying.

She stopped right in front of Federico and Rooster, and she stepped down from her steed before talking.

"Excuse me sir, I see you are selling weapons here. I am interested in buying an sword... Any kind of sword would do right now."
"I am afraid we are not open to everyone. We are suppliers for this group, so unless they allow you to buy, we cannot sell you anything, young lady. But you look like you really need it. Maybe Lady Kya will make an exception this time... Lady Kya, please, can you come over here?"
"This young damsel here is asking for a sword, but considering we agreed we would be supplying your group, I thought it would be wise to ask you before selling things to someone from outside the group."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »

Walking over, Kya took the sight in and raised one eyebrow slightly. Extending a hand, she smiled.

"As has been said, I am Lady Kya, commander of this group. If you don't mind me asking, who are you? You must understand, it's a time of war, we need to be careful about those we interact with."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2015, 03:12:39 pm »

"My name is Anna Never... My father is a merchant from Gabriel... I've ran away from home because my father was planning to have me marry a noble man so we could get into nobility... I took the horse, which was going to be a wedding gift, and decided to be free... Unfortunately the sword that I took broke a few days ago during a fight against some bandits. The only things I have left are my staff, my horse and some money... And the roads are dangerous now."

Indeed, the saddlebags seemed mostly empty, only a healing staff could be seen, coming out from one of the bags.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

"... It's true, the roads are dangerous. And what sort of person would I be if I didn't make this offer? Anna, would you be interested in traveling with us? Our tasks might be dangerous, but no more dangerous than traveling the roads alone as a single female would be. We could use another healer, and in exchange we could keep you safe."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »

"That is... Well, that is a really interesting offer. I have nowhere to go, and your group seems rather nice... So yes, if you accept me, I'll travel with you."
"So now that it is set, I will take an Iron Sword and some vulneraries."
Rooster sighs, taking Anna's money and giving her what she wanted.
"Your sword and vulneraries, dear lady. I just hope they don't see much use."
"Thank you very much. I also hope so. And thank you too, Lady Kya. And if it isn't asking much... What kind of group is this? You don't look like mercenaries, but some of you don't look like soldiers either."

Anna Never, Trobairitz Lady, joins the group.
Anna buys an Iron Sword and Vulneraries (3/3) for 480 GC.
The group gets 20 GC from Anna.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 04, 2015, 04:04:01 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:05:35 pm by Khaiel »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 04, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

"Ain't it obvious? Travelin' performers. Our displays are right killer, they are."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 04, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »

Rolling her eyes, Kya shook her head.

"Most of us are members of the Order of Heaven. A few of us are extra fighters hired to help us in our task. We're headed out to get aid from those willing to help the Empire. Speaking of, Federico, you said something about a ship? We will gladly accept that offer."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 04, 2015, 04:12:49 pm »

"...no fun at all, boss. No fun at all."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 02, 2015, 11:46:15 am »

"Yes, my ship. It is small, but it is the fastest ship you will find. There's a secret passage near the mountains that leads to a cave. The cave goes all the way to sea, to a small creek. There we can find my ship. The passage should be nearby... We could rest and get there tomorrow morning."

"Or we could get moving now... I have a bad fee..."

As Rooster was about to finish his sentence, you started to hear the distinct noise of metal boots smashing the ground. You could see soldiers coming from the south. Their red and blue colors marked them as Azurite legionnaires. How could it be that they already where this deep in Imperial territory?

They weren't many, probably just a vanguard group. But they were numerous.

"In the name of Lord Matthew Gaul, Supreme Archon of the Azure Alliance, surrender now and no harm will be done to you. Refuse, and your blood shall paint the grass red."

"...ling about this. We are fucked. With a capital f. If these guys bring any reinforcements, they will crush us. Lady Kya, I suggest we try to rush towards the secret passage. It is in a cabin to the west. Federico and I will need some help getting there, we are bringing all the supplies we might need for the ship, but we'll try to not slow down anyone. Of course we could always stay and fight. But I don't think our deaths will do the Empire any good."

For this battle, one of you that isn't mounted will be rescuing Federico & Rooster (even though they are too heavy for any of you). Federico and Rooster have to make it to the cabin. Once you have decided who will be carrying them, I'll post the map.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37