Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26820 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Huh, you really are important. Now I really wanna fight you... nothin' personal, o' course, but the idea of beatin' one of you fanciest of fancies gets my blood surgin'."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

: That's... Quite a title. Are you actually first in line to inherit, though?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes. I am. The Empress is currently still young and has no children. The part about children can be said for my other cousin, the 'delightful' Frey mentioned on that list."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye
« Reply #483 on: May 03, 2015, 06:08:04 pm »

Chapter III: More than meets the eye

As soon as Fedrico and Rooster arrived, the group started this new journey. In order to get to Daphne, a ship would be needed. Galgados had no ports, its coast being too rocky, so the group was forced to travel to the neighbouring principalty of Arlan in order to get a ship. At least Federico and Rooster had managed to get some things of interest, and it seemed like the group could find something worth their money. The only real problem was that Salvador disappeared after few days. Only a note could be found, and the note said he was going to do some spying for Marina, trying to find Frederick's current location. The note had an apology for leaving, but he said he would find a way to help the group even from afar.

The first few days were quiet. A few travellers could be seen every now and then, but nothing seemed out of the norm. Then more and more people could be seen going north and east. The war had started quite fast. The Empire and the Alliance had been preparing for months, but the scale of the logistics involved meant that battles were just small skirmishes for now. However, people knew of what would come after those skirmishes. Armies marching and fighting, foraging the land and leaving it dead just to keep themselves fed. The battles would leave wastelands full of corpses. The winners would pillage the lands of the losers. Arlan's border with the Alliance meant it would see a lot of fighting, and people were fleeing now that they still could, as sooner or later, raiding parties would be getting deeper into the Empire's territories...

After six days of travelling, Federico and Rooster finally mounted a shop. Apparently, they were waiting to have everything organized properly.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally managed to get everything together, and now we should be able to supply you with most of the things you would need. But before we show you the goods, I believe Federico has something to tell you."

"Well, yes, as I told you when we first met, I'm the captain of a ship, The Invincible. It is docked not far from here, and if you want, I can use it to take you wherever you need... The ship is small, but faster than any other ship in the sea. I just want to warn you that it is not something for the faint of heart... It wouldn't be the first time I have to spend the whole journey cleaning vomit stains from the deck."

"Anyway, while you think about it, how about you take a look at the goods? There's not much, and some of the prices might be high, but this what we were able to get for now.."

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »

:"If it's no trouble, I'd like to buy an Iron Lance. My current weapon is a bit on the weak side."

Saya, for her part, seemed a bit less formal in tone now, although still polite. It is quite likely that she was simply a bit intimidated by Lilith's standing, and so was acting in such a way as she believed would not embarrass herself.

Buy Iron Lance, if nobody has any objections.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fair enough, pretty-girl, but don't you wanna have somethin' more proper for battle?"

"Oi, shopkeep, gimmie an axe. See, pretty-girl, that's somethin' to fight with."

Buy iron axe

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 03, 2015, 07:58:28 pm »

Kya glanced over the possible selections, and grinned. Picking up a heavy blade, she tested its weight and then nodded.

"I'll take this one. Maybe while we wait, you and I can finally have that spar we keep talking about."

Buy Iron Blade and challenge Klasha to a duel!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 03, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »

:"A lance will kill a man as dead as an axe. And axes aren't exactly easy to hit things with from Pegasus back."

Watch duel
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:00:43 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 03, 2015, 07:59:15 pm »

"Each weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses." Saresh said as he lifted an Iron Blade. "With your permission, Commander?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 03, 2015, 08:12:39 pm »

"Of course Saresh. Though I didn't know you could use swords as well. Perhaps we can practice together some time."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Heh heh heh... you better win this. I'll go first, then..?"

Without waiting for a reply she hurled herself at the commander, swinging her new axe down in an arc.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 03, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »

Iron Blade get!

Saresh threw down the money required for his new weapon and turned his eyes to the duel that was apparently happening right the hell now.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 03, 2015, 08:18:01 pm »

Caught by surprise, Kya barely managed to get her blade up in time to block the axe. Stepping to the side, she slammed the blade into the woman's side, using the flat of the blade for this attack, before quickly pulling back.

"Hmmph, not very honorable. Those sorts of tactics are better suited to a real battle than a simple duel like this."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 03, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »

: "My bet is on Lady Kya." Saya says to Saresh.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:26:53 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Guh! Heh heh heh... life itself is a battle!"

She ignored the damage she took and swung the axe again.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:24:02 pm by GiglameshDespair »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37