Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26806 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

With a whip of his cloak, Hix goes off to inspect whatever he can, covering a different ward of the castle than Klasha and Seraphim were.

"So, an all-out war, hm? Sounds rather exciting, wouldn't you say?" The dissonant voice, barely more audible than the background noise, sounded.
: "..."
"Still no fun, I see. Seems our path is quite set in stone regardless, so your dourness will do you no credit."
Hix only snorted in irritation.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Klasha and Seraphim found some money in the chests, 2000 Gold Crowns. Not bad, but there was no doubt most of the money had been moved somewhere else. Frederick or one of his men probably took it... Well, it wasn't a small amount of money.

Meanwhile, Hix found something quite interesting... One of the chests contained a high quality medallion looking like an Iron Shield. He didn't need much examination to verify that it was magical, blessed with defensive magic. The other chests were open. It was possible that after seeing that they were going to lose, the guards took the treasures and fled. Some jewelry had been left, but not much, worth only about 500 Gold Crowns at best.

As the looting was taking place, Lilith looked at Kya with a mixture of curiosity and disbelief. It was hard to find truly loyal men and women, even among the ranks of the Order of Heavens. After a few seconds she sighed and smiled.

"Well, it seems you truly are the most adequate for the job... I'll try to be brief. The Empire cannot win this war. This is not pesimism, this is a fact. Our army is bigger, yes, but what the Alliance lacks in numbers, they make up with their leaders and the fact they only have us as their enemies. We have other problems besides the Alliance. Barbarian attacks from the north, pirates on our coasts, bandits... Even if we defeat Matthew's army, the Empire will lose, as it will be left in such a state that there is no way the Empress will be able to keep it together."

Well... That was bad. It was widely known that the Empire wasn't living it's best times, but those news were quite grim.

"Our only option is to find allies. Allies that need our help, support or influence so much that they will support the Empress no matter what. And we can't afford to be picky about our allies. However some of our potential allies hate each other. If they could be made to work together, it would be great. But it would take a miracle. And we can't risk antagonizing powerful factions."

As she was saying this, Lilith took a piece of paper from one of her pockets. It was a list.

"You might have guessed it by now. The Empress needs someone to go around the world looking for allies. Doing whatever it takes to ensure that they will help. And I believe you and your men will be the best for the job. Of course, you would have to be sneaky about this. We can't afford the Alliance know what we are doing. I have a small list of possible allies. And while it is possible that you find someone else who can help, I believe these are the most likely to help us... As long as we help them too."

She gave Kya the list... It included names, small explanations about why they could be allies and some details about them. It seems they had been thinking about this for a while.

"In many ways, this mission is more difficult and way riskier than fighting in the war. And it is more important. Do you think you will be able to do it?"

Spoiler: The List (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Klasha jingled the money, before concealing it rapidly and with surprising ease for such a large amount of coins.

"Tin man, we have scored! I'd say we'd drink ta celebrate, but ya'd probably fizzle out or summin'."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: "...Hm." The shaman grunted.
Gingerly turning over the medallion, Hix quietly pocketed it and what jewelry he could find away into his cloak.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Saresh stood close to Kya, but offered no comment on either their new mission or anything else.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Prologue: Baptism
« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2015, 10:02:27 pm »

"I feel we should leave this place, those routed enemy might be coming back with reinforcement."

Varion watch other loot the place as he clean his weapon.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking over the list, Kya winced at seeing the name Frey on there. She hoped that they lady wouldn't try and convince her to try there first because of her connection to the man. She sighed.

"It is clear that we must do this for the Empire to survive. However, I would like to discuss with my men where we go first. That being said, we will do this, and we will try and gain as many allies for the Empire as possible. Thank you for trusting us with a mission of such importance."

Turning to Saresh, she handed him the slip of paper with possible targets.

"Saresh, I need to talk with some of our newer members, but you and the others of the original group should look over this while I do. Best that everyone has an opinion on what we do with the way things are right now."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Just as you say, Commander." Saresh took the slip of paper, and quickly scanned it. The Steiner Family and the Principality of Daphne strike me as our best bets early on. I wonder what the others think... Saresh went in search of Varion and Hix- They needed to see this as well.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hix quietly shadowed back from the ward he searched, soon finding himself right in front of Saresh as he began to look around.
: "...?" Hix lifted his head and raised an eyebrow, apparently seeing the paper in Saresh's hand.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Saresh nearly bumped into Hix as the mage suddenly appeared before him. "Ah, there you are. The Commander would like our opinions on groups to attempt to win over for the empire. This is our list of candidates. Have a look." Saresh then offers the paper to Hix.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hix lifted the paper from Saresh's hand and read it over. His eyes were barely visible, but he seemed to pause just a little more than halfway down, on the Samael. He broke out into a grin as the dissonant voice returned.
: "Fascinating..."
: "So. Instead of taking the fight to the enemy, we call for aid, yes?" Hix's mouth slanted and it was a few moments before the voice spoke again, "Daphne would likely be the most sympathetic to the cause. Them aside... all of these 'candidates' carry a number of hazards in their own right. There is no easy choice here."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

:"Lady Lilith, if it is not an inconvenience I would like to travel with Lady Kya and company. I grew up in Hecate. Those who would bring chaos will be punished."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I'm sure Lady Kya could put your skills to good use... If Lady Kya accepts your services for this mission, you are free to go with her."

"Oh, and before I forget... You might find yourselves fighting Les Jaeger, the new spying agency of the Alliance. Their ranks are filled with mercenaries, assassins, former Imperial officers and many others. You should expect everything and anything. And if things come to worse and you find yourselves fighting an Arbiter of the Azure Alliance... Run. You are way more valuable to the Empire alive."

She then sighed. You hadn't noticed, but if she had been riding from Dalaborn, she probably had been riding for almost a day before finding Saya and her pegasus. Now that the effect of the adrenaline was starting to fade, she seemed quite tired.

"One last piece of advice. Do not trust Lucanor. He is only on that list because we are truly in need of allies. But he can't be trusted. I've seen him only once. And he gave me the creeps, there is something almost unnatural about him. And this is coming from a woman that was almost burned at the stake and uses the name of the Mother of Demons as her first name. I don't know why, but I know he has his own agenda, and I don't think we will like what he has planned... Now, if you have any questions, I'll answer them. If you don't, I guess I'll try to catch some rest."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

: It would be better if we used this money to actually help our cause, instead of just helping yourself a drink.

Go back with the rest, bring moneys (and the person who has them).

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do not worry. I have no intention of dealing with him unless I have to. Though I share his last name, there are very few people I would rather talk to. Thank you for your advice. I have no further questions, but my men might. As for you, I suppose there's no harm in you joining us. Another scout is always useful."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37