Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26810 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Things were a bit less tense now, with the group reunited and everyone safe. The group moved through the corridor, trying to rush to Frederick's office... And then fighting sound were heard... The clashing of swords, the roaring of guns and the sound of the dying could all be heard quite loudly. And then, a female voice, a flash of light coming from the end of the corridor and the sounds of people running.

"Cowards... They go back to the shadows from whence they came... Still, they were quite useful. The enemy of my enemy..."

When the group finally took a turn, all that was to be seen were two women, both of them wearing armor of the Order of Heavens, one of them wielding what looked like a mix of sword and whip, the other trying to calm one of the almost mythical creatures known as pegasi. Judging by the scene, they had made their entrance through one big window on the side of the corridor. The only things left from what once was a beautiful painted window were pieces of painted glass scattered along the corridor.

It didn't take long for the one wielding such an exotic weapon to notice you.

"Thank God... It seems we arrived just in time... You might know me as Lilith, Knight of the Seventh Heaven. And this beautiful lady here is Saya Fenrich of the Second Heaven, if I caught her name correctly during our ride."

Both Marcel and Marina looked a bit shocked. If she was telling the truth, she was quite a legend. Saved from an Inquisitorial Tribunal by the Empress herself, it was said she was both a master of sword and magic. She wasn't what most people expected from the Knights of the Seventh Heaven, but in a few months she had made herself invaluable to the Empress thanks to her talents. And now she was right in front of you.

"I know a bit about the situation here... I was on Dalaborn, delivering a letter from the Empress to the Lord of War, when a spy was captured. It wasn't easy, but we managed to make him talk, and he told us about the Alliance's plans on Galgados, and their alliance with Frederick Daorland. I tried to get here as fast as I could, but if I hadn't met lady Fenrich on the border during her patrol, I wouldn't have been able to get here so soon."

After saying this, Lilith bit her lip, and her face showed a bit of anger, probably mixed with some frustration... Her expression quickly changed back to normal, but it was obvious in her voice that she was worried.

"I think I saw Frederick getting out of here as we were making our entrance... I would have loved to teach him a lesson or two... But I had to make sure Lady Daorland was safe. That egocentric bastard must be taking advantage of all the chaos in order to get out of here... Well, at least it seems you are safe."

"Yes. All thanks to Lady Kya and her men... Although Karlson didn't have that luck... The things Frederick did to him..."

"Please, Lady Daorland, calm down... Lady Kya... Kya Frey, isn't it? Anything you might have heard or seen that could be of use? By keeping Marina alive you might have aborted a civil war in Hecate, but now we are at war with the Alliance... And judging but the kind of men that I fought here, it seems they are willing to do anything in order to win. So we need every advantage we can get."

Saya is in
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:53:20 pm by Khaiel »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sighing in relief, Kya gave a smart salute to the woman, before reporting,

"Yes ma'am. The enemy had a cloaked man with them, who was going by the name of the Magister, as well as Lord Aizen. He has created a monster out of his brother. We were able to slay the monster, but as you guessed, our main targets escaped us. The man gave us confirmation that he was working with Lord Gaul, but I suppose that much is already obvious."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:31:58 pm by Swordstar »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Saya slowly manages to calm her Pegasus, before turning to Kya
"Lady Kya, a pleasure." she says, bowing.
"As Lady Lilith has already stated, I am Saya Fenrich. My friend here is Xavier." The "Friend" she is referring to appears to be her Pegasus, as she is stroking the creature while she says this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:56:23 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A pleasure. If you'll excuse me my lady, I will be right back."

She walked over to the rest of the group and looked them over.

"Right. Those of you who are uninjured, inspect this place while I talk to Lady Lilith. Any weapons or treasure you find that would be useful, bring back here. Those of you who are wounded, let our healers look you over before helping out."

With a nod to them, she returned back to the newcomers.

"As I was saying, I sent a pigeon out to the capital with the news of my findings before this. It was simply the news that the Alliance had allies within the Empire, but now we have clearly found that out."

She paused with a frown, clearly trying to remember if there was anything else of importance that she needed to add.

"Oh! They said that they were planning on capturing the whole principality in one evening. How, I do not know, but it is clear that we must act with some speed if we plan to prevent that."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"Roger that, boss! I'll loot this place in the name o' the Empire! I'm feelin' right patriotic."

Loot the unholy bejeezus out of everything
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Seraphim checked himself, but being a hollow piece of metal there wasn't much to be done.

: I appear to be without a scratch... I will follow the miss here to make sure she doesn't enjoy inspecting too much.

Follow Klaira/Klasha, spoil fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Klasha began to make her way, looking for anything of use/valuable.

"You're hollow, right, tin man? Ya think we could store stuff in ya?"
She regarded him for a second, grinning.
"...actually, you look kinda valuable. I wonder..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: This being an armor that belonged to the first Emperor, of course it's valuable.

: However I do not make it available for looting seeing as how I'm currently using it as a BODY!

: But if you need help carrying your plunder, I guess I can make some of my hollowness available. Just don't get touch anything that might cause an accidental discharge.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You did well. The Empress will probably be sending troops soon to help with the situation here. I believe their plan was to kill Marina and blame it on the Empire. At least that's what the spy said. And I like to think that I can be very... Persuasive. Anyway, I have a more important mission for you and your men, Lady Kya. However I must tell you that it will be difficult. It will not be the kind of mission you would have expected when you became a Knight of the Order. But it will have some perks..."

After saying this, Lilith stopped for a second, as if she wanted the full weight of her words to be felt.

"I cannot tell you more before knowing if you accept or not. But I feel that this group has showed the amount of skill needed for the task. And I know that the Empress trusts you."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm joking 'bout seelin' ya, big guy. Hey, there were a guy behind this door as I remember."

With a few solid blows, she hacked it down. She searched the corpse for coins before she turned to the chests.

"Now, silver's pretty valuable, and ya can melt it down to sell easy too. 'viously, coins, weapons are all good. After we search this floor we can check out the wine racks. You fancy nobles know yer wines and stuff better than me, right?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kya looked over her troops, before turning back to the other woman.

"I will serve the Empress however she wishes to use me. That is my duty as a Knight of the Order."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: Both your... "boss" and the remaining sibling of the family would appreciate if you didn't rob them blind of all their valuables, and just restricted yourself to the big obvious chests.

Try to open chests.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You don't need ta eat, Mr Steel."

"I ain't one of these knights, and I don't think I'm gonna make many friends among them. Or get paid. I ain't really got a trade, so I live offa what I can get. You think they'd really notice or care if they're missin' a coupla plates? Nah."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: You'd think the Knights would be as petty as to let someone under their employment starve just because you aren't an official knight? Even if they are, I'm not going to let that happen. If you happen to be in need, I can sell some of my unneeded belongings to give you a hand.

: But really, don't steal more than we need. The lady already suffered enough by having a brother turned into a mindless husk by her traitorous other brother.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Keh, fine. For a tin man you're pretty chivalrous. Though if someone had got rid a' my sister I woulda thanked 'em."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37