Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26840 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2014, 01:23:01 am »

Hix let out something that resembled a snort with Kya's last statement, before crossing his arms and starting to walk a little further off.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

"And people say wisdom only comes with age... Well, if it were like that, I'd have to ask you how you do to look so young. Also, once we get to Hecate Federico and I might have to go do some business there..."

"Yes, that's something we wanted to tell you about. You see, I don't really mind not having to get involved into fights but..."

"But we kinda feel bad for not being able to help, and since we are going to be travelling with you, we are going to call in some favors in Hecate, so we can help you get supplies."

"You would still have to pay for them though, but all the money would be used to get more supplies, of better quality if that is possible. Consider it our way of saying thanks."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »

"That would be most appreciated. Having the ability to restock without having to depend on nearby towns... That will be wonderful. Thank you."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2014, 05:33:08 pm »

Chapter II: Black Crows and Azure Feathers

After the now heteregenous group decided to head to Hecate, they travelled with haste. No more mercenaries were encountered in the road, and as soon as the group got to Hecate, Rooster and Federico separated from the group, telling them that they should go sent the pigeon and possibly also go to find out more about what the Daorland family was up to.

Or at least some of them, as from what people are talking about in the streets, the three Daorland siblings, Marina, Frederick and Karlson, do not get on well with each other since their father died, as all three of them seem to think they are better prepared than the others to become the Prince. Even the city guards from different areas of the city have sided with one of the three siblings, which makes comments made in the wrong place quite dangerous.

The city is quite difficult to navigate through, as it is built on the sides of the only road leading from the Empire to the lands of Galgados, in between two cliffs, and some times to go from one place to another, one has to cross bridges that go from one cliff to the other. To make better use of the little available space, most buildings are quite tall, with many magnificent towers built on the richests parts of the city. It's undoubtly a beautiful city, but even the most beautiful roses have thorns...

Finally the group reaches their destination, the tower of Tarth Lomen, the tallest building in the city, a tower of white marble with gargoyles shaped as pigeons decorating the many windows and the statue of a beautiful woman on the top, with her arms pointed at the heavens. In this building is where Marina Daorland lives, but is also where the only Knight of the Order of Heavens in the city has his office, as he, a formerly famous Knight known as Marcial, is a guest of the oldest of the Daorland siblings.

All of you (with the exception of Seraphim) have heard of Marcial, as he is quite famous in the Empire for being the example that any person, as long as he has talent and shares the original ideals of the Order (Protect the weak, fight the wicked and serve the Emperor), can rise through the ranks, no matter his origins. Originally a simple peasant, Marcial's family was killed by bandits when he was a child, and he grew up as a beggar. When a captain of the Order saw him risking his life to help other beggars like him, giving them his food and clothes and even picking up fights to protect them, he was offered to join the Order. Many tales are told about what happened to him next, but even when he eventually became a Knight of the Fifth Heaven, he remained a humble man.

Knowing all of this, it's no surprise to you when you see an old man wearing a robe with the symbols of the Order and helping a few children who had got hurt while playing.

"Are my old eyes lying to me again? My fellow Knights, what a pleasant surprise. Seeing you here makes my heart feel young again. And I might add, you come here possibly when we needed you most... Although I guess if you have come here, you must have wanted to see me. How may I be of service to the Empress?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:02:15 am by Khaiel »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

Kya gave a formal bow to the man with her hand placed across her chest.

"It is an honor to meet you sir. I am Commander Kya Frey, CO of this group. We have come to send a message to the capital of the most urgent nature. We have found a connection between the bandits that have been attacking our lands and the Azure Alliance. We were hoping to send pigeons to the capital to let them know their suspicions were not merely paranoia. We also realized that while wwe're here, we could use the opportunity to check on the Daorland siblings, since we know at least one of them has been helping the Alliance and the bandits."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter II: Black Crows and Azure Feathers
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2014, 05:48:48 pm »

"I am afraid that what you tell me only confirms my suspicions. I knew something strange was happening lately, but I wanted more proof before taking action... Please follow me. Thankfully my host is quite generous, and my office here is big enough so that all of you can get comfortable there. From there we can send pigeons with the message and discuss the matter.

As he says this, he gestures the group to follow him, and starts walking to the tower. Then, after a few seconds he stops, turns around and looks at Salvador and Aura before continuing to walk to his office.

"By the way. Could it be that we have met before? You surely look familiar, although I could be wrong. My memory is not as good as it used to."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

Klasha looked around uncomfortably. She was no longer used to being in cities, and half expected cries of "Bandit! Bandit!" to go out at any moment.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2014, 12:38:38 am »

Kautof follows his commander silently, as befits a warrior of his nature.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2014, 09:15:17 am »

Saresh follows the group, staying close to Kya, but contributes nothing to the discussion.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2014, 09:31:28 am »

Sal gave a short shrug to the man's words, and gave a casual sounding answer.
: "Me and Aura here are actually bodyguards for your host, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to have seen us around before."

After that answer, Sal returned to being casual about being in the city, occasionally moving away from the main group to take a good look at some stall, or taking a view of the canyon. He did however look oddly at Marcial when he thought that no-one was looking at him.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2014, 09:46:25 am »

Varion is not going to talk to anyone that look important anymore, he got a feeling he might get kck again.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »

Marcial simply nods at Salvador's comment, and continues guiding you to his office.

It's not long before you get to Marcial's office, which thankfully is on the first floor of the tower. He was right when he said you would be able to get comfortable. His office holds half of the first floor. Marcial makes sure there are enough chairs for everyone before taking a knife from a drawer. On the blade of the knife you can see the similar marks to those you found as tattoos on the bodies of the mercenaries.

"A few weeks ago a man attacked me while I was working here in my office. He managed to flee after his attack failed, but he had to leave his knife here. I asked some friends of mine to make see if they knew anything... And they did. A day later they were able to tell me that the marks of the knife showed that the owner was an officer of Les Jaeger, the Azure Alliance's new espionage organization. They are led by a former Imperial officer known only as "The Colonel", and from what I have learnt in my investigation, one of Gaul's Arbiters, known as Aizen, monitors their actions. So, it became evident to me that this was serious, but before sending a report, I needed more information, as it was possible that sending the report would alert the possible spies."

"Imagine my surprise when I was able to recognize the man that attacked me during a meeting with Frederick Daorland. This man, who said he was called Lambrose, was supposed to be Frederick's new bodyguard. Like anyone would believe that... Unfortunately, due to the incredibly tense situation in the principalty, I cannot simply accuse Frederick of being a traitor. Specially since it is well known that I am good friend of his sister. He could always say that it is all a plot against him. And to be honest, it wouldn't be difficult to believe. You said something about bandits and the Alliance... You think we would be able to link that with Frederick?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 02:59:10 pm »

"These bastards gotta be pretty dumb. Why would they use a knife with their marks on it? Coulda hired someone else."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »

"The Colonel... The man we fought mentioned someone by that name not being please about the mages in our group. The leader was a robed man and the men we killed had a tattoo of the heraldic of the XIIIth Azurite Legion. If I could get my eyes on this assassin, I could identify him for sure, but I suspect it is the same man..."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »

"Yes that move on my was quite dumb. I believe it was overconfidence on their part. Didn't expect an old man like me to kick his ass... Ah, I must admit I felt young again!"

"In the old days the word of a Knight of the Order would have been more than enough, but in dark times as the ones we are living in, people don't trust even those who spend their lifes protecting them. Being honest, if the Alliance was bold enough to sent soldiers disguised as mercenaries into Imperial territory, we must send a message to the Empress. But I think we should try to be... Sneaky. All of these means that there is no real way to avoid a war with the Alliance now, be if we can avoid having also a civil war in Galgados, then we must try. But for that we need proof so evident and undeniable of Frederick being allied with Matthew Gaul that regardless of what he says, no citizen of Galgados would stand to defend him.

As he is saying this, he takes some paper, ink and a quill, giving them to Kya so she can write her message. But before handing them over, Marcial looks directly at her for the first time, as before he was looking at the different members of the group, one at a time.

"But for that I need your help. And I know this might not be of your liking, but for this mission I don't need Commander Kya of the Order of Heavens. For this mission I need Miss Kya Frey. I believe you know what I am talking about."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:08:12 am by Khaiel »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37