Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26844 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

Saresh appeared thoroughly surprised at Kya's question for a moment. His expression then changed to one of contemplation, and then he began to speak slowly. "Well, member or not, she should be extending respect to all of us. But that aside, her quarrel is with our enemy. She might even be useful. Aside from her atrocious manners, I see no reason to turn her away.

"But you are the one in command here. I will be behind you, whatever decision you make."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »

Kya's frown deepened and she sighed.

"I suppose you are right. Thank you. I am glad that I have someone as trustworthy as you in my command. A brave fighter and apparently smart as well. You have the potential to go far in the Order. I know it."

With a smile to Saresh, she turned towards Klasha and put on a stern face. Walking over to her, she said,

"If you want to travel with us, I won't say no. However, there are some stipulations that come with this. First off, I am the commanding officer of this group. That means you listen to me and obey my orders. In addition, you will treat me and those under my command with respect. You may not officially be a part of the Order, but if you are traveling as part of the group, that means you will essentially be a temporary member of the Order. You will respect those you travel with and you will respect me. If you cannot follow these rules, feel free to find some other way of getting your revenge."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2014, 07:39:53 pm »

Klasha watched them patiently as they obviously discussed her. She saw disapproval writ on their faces, but if they were smart, they wouldn't turn down extra help. And if they were dumb, she do better on her own. She saw the knight girl - still hadn't been told her name, but she was the boss, so she was probably some kinda noble - approach, and listened to the lecture.

"Alright, knight girl. I was a boss of a crew myself, so I know how'd the drill goes. These bastards were the ones that killed 'em all, so I was kinda unhappy when you let that one get away." She shrugged. "Course, I ain't gonna respect you from who your dada is, or cos you happen to be wearing fancier armour than the usual crew I saw. My sorta circles, respect got to be earned. Normally through fightin' any bastard who dare say you ain't a champ. So when ya gotta moment, a bit o' sparrin' wouldn't go amiss."

Abruptly, her face split into a grin, and the weight of rage lifted from her face like air. She span the axe in her hand, gripping it by the blade and offered it like a knight would offer a sword to his king.

"I ain't polite, but I'm not gonna cause you trouble.... boss. And people like me don't mind a few oddities in a crew, though the ghost armour is a bit weird, gotta admit. It's gotta be more interesting than travellin' on my own, anyway. My axe is yours."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »

"... Very well. My sorrow for the loss of your companions. And I thank you for your willingness to abide by our customs. My name is Kya Frey, you may call me Kya or Commander Frey. As for a spar... I would be willing to give you a bout once we are in Hecate perhaps. For now though, just get ready to leave. We should all be heading out soon. If you have need of anything, just let me know."

She walked back to Saresh and sighed quietly.

"That's dealt with then. I must say, this group isn't what I was expecting when i was ordered to take over the command of a bunch of new recruits. And it just keeps getting odder. Hopefully the Order will understand why I have allowed all these non-members to journey with us. It's not exactly your standard fair of travelers... Especially the armored man... Though since we already have a dark magic user in our midst, I suppose it's not too much more of a stretch to allow him..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »

"It's not as though you're inducting them into the Order. I'm sure they'll understand. The armored one bothers me though." Saresh's face changed from his normal collected expression to a more sullen one. "He called himself stormcaller, didn't he? I think he may have been responsible for that freak lightning strike that nearly unhorsed me. I've a mind to ask him about it, once we're underway."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »

"I seem to recall him using the phrase stormcaller, yes. And I have my reservations too. But... Better that we keep him with us and working for the Order, don't you think? We need to find out more about him and how he came to be like he is... And the only way of doing that is to allow him to journey with us. If you do ask him, be careful. You wouldn't want to risk drawing his ire and another similar type of occurrence. Magic is a useful tool, it's true. But it's also a dangerous weapon if misused. I wouldn't want to see you get hit by lightning again because you angered him somehow."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2014, 08:56:16 pm »

"To be frank, Commander, I'm more concerned with his reason for striking me in the first place. But I shall tread lightly, by your command."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01:14 pm »

"Well, as I said. Magic is dangerous. It's quite likely he didn't mean to hit you specifically with the way that lightning struck. But I see your concern. If you talk to him and discover something alarming, please let me know."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »

Saresh nodded firmly. "Of course Commander. If I learn anything I think you'd find important, I will bring it to your attention as soon as I am able."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »

"Thank you. In that case, I will trust you to handle the situation. And Saresh... I am glad to have a man like you under my command. I look forward to continuing to work with you and I hope to see your journey through the Order as I suspect you will go far if you have the desire to do so."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »

The rider smiled. "Thank you for your praise, Commander. So long as I am assigned to you, I will serve you to my utmost ability. And incidentally, I do wish to go far in the order."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »

"That is good to hear. We need good men like you. Especially now... With the way things are, we need people more than ever..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »

"Very true. It does very much look like war is upon us. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of battle in the days to come." Saresh fell silent. He had confidence in his own abilities, this was true- But war was a dangerous beast. Even the most skilled soldier was not guaranteed safety on the battlefield.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2014, 10:00:48 pm »

Kya nodded somberly.

"You don't even know the half of it. War... War cannot be stopped at this point. We will be facing the enemy soon and often I'm afraid. We will need to be strong. All of us, to fight for our Empress and the Order."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2014, 12:30:09 am »

Kautof stood as silent vigil, ensuring no foes would come upon them while they were unawares.

Hopefully...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37