Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26848 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »

Throwing a glare at the axe wielder, Kya ignored her statement, and instead continued to inspect the suit of armor. Sheathing her sword, she gave a slight sigh and then said,

"... While I do not understand how such a thing has occurred, what you say about your armor is true. Such that we do not cause another fight here, possibly between allies, I would ask that you agree to travel with us for a time. Once we return to the main part of the Order, there may be someone there who can speak more to what has happened, and we can figure things out from there. As for everyone else, you, Christoph, take care of those who are injured. The rest of you, check the bodies of those we have slain. It is possible that we will find something useful on their bodies that will give us a better clue as to who they were and what their goal was."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

"Right away, Commander." Saresh dismounted and went to work checking the pockets and boots of the fallen enemies.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Prologue: Baptism
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:49 pm »

Meanwhile, Rooster and Federico had sit on the grass, and were playing some sort of game. It looked like chess, but every figure was quite different from the others, and they were also throwing dice and taking notes on a piece of paper.

"Wooohooo! Another critical. That's 10 Strenght, plus 8 Might, plus 1 because weapon triangle, multipled by 3... 57 damage."
"Who said Critical PS were not OP? Well, my turn... Hmm, hey who's there?"

Aura and Salvador had been walking for some time, and were already quite tired. A few days ago, Lady Marina Daorland, their employer, had asked them to follow a man named Lambrose, who had been a guest in Lord Frederick Daorland's (Marina's brother) house. Apparently she was suspicious that her brother might be up to something. However they had lost him the day before, and they were heading back to Galgados. And in their way back they found two men playing some kind of game in the middle of the road, surrounded by a few corpses.

"Who's there? Oh, a young lady. I'm sorry, I thought you were more mercenaries. Do you want to join our little game?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saresh doesn't take long before finding something interesting. One of the men has a tattoo with the heraldics of the XIIIth Azurite Legion, part of the new army that the Azur Alliance was creating.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:54:03 pm by Khaiel »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2014, 02:24:39 pm »

Salvador gave a small smile to the man's words, and manoeuvred himself as to be just in front of Aura, if something actually happened.

: "I'd enjoy being able to rest from the journey on the road, myself. However... What are with the bodies? You would understand if I'm cautious when there are just two people right out in the open with bodies lying around them."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2014, 02:48:40 pm »

: Whatever the reason is, it is not a coincidence that we were to meet today. Fate has chosen this time for me to escape my prison, and to meet with the Order again. Whatever is my purpose for coming back, it must be related to your presence here, so I will follow you until I find it.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2014, 03:12:31 pm »

"Oh, that, well, we are travelling with a group of Knights of the Order of Heaven. These mercenaries attacked us, and the knights took care of them. They continued up the road to finish the rest of them, and now we are waiting."

As he says this, he points to where the road leads to the ruins of a castle in the forest. From there, a knight (Varion) can be seen walking towards your position. Federico quickly uses the time Rooster is not looking to change the position of some of the pieces on the board.

"Oh, that must be Varion. He is one of the Knights."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2014, 03:17:28 pm »

: "Purpose indeed..." The shaman muttered slowly, as if pondering something. If only for a moment, before he suddenly grasps the back of his neck.
: "Rgh!"
After a moment's silence, he returns to an idle stance. Shaking his head, Hix lets his hood drop to his shoulders, returning an angry glare at the Stormcaller.
: "..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »

: What seems to be the problem? Perhaps... I'm not the only one who speaks without need of a mouth? He said the last part so that only Hix could hear it.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »

Hix's face creased a little, and he sighed in annoyance. Grasping onto the back of his neck, the dissonant voice returned, if only for a moment.
: "Hah, seems I've struck a nerve in this one... If you need, I will explain later when we are not caught in the middle of a field. For now..." Hix turned to face Kya for a moment before moving to search the bodies, as per their commander's orders.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:51:59 pm by CrimsonEon »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Prologue: Baptism
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2014, 06:41:25 pm »

"Fiiine. So, who's injured?"
Christof asks before tapping Kya with his staff.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:05:03 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

Sal gave a small sigh, and thanks the.. Duo of... Players? Turning to look at Aura, he gave a small shrug.

: "Well, maybe these knights can help us? It does seem like they've encountered some mercenaries and if we're lucky.."

Checking that his weapon was where it was last, Sal continued up the road, waving to get that knight's (Varion's) attention.

: "Hey! You there! I'd like to have a word!"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

"Commander! I believe I've found something. Judging by his tattoo, this man may be, or have once been, a soldier of the Azur Alliance. I'm going to check some more of the bodies, see if any of them sport the same tattoo." And the rider went to do just that.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2014, 02:43:23 pm »

Kya looked at the tattoo and swore loudly.

"This isn't someone who used to be. This is the heraldic of a legion of their new army. This is the proof we were looking for. Our superiors must hear about this. The Azure Alliance is responsible for the bandits that attacked. This is not good.""

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:29 pm »

: It seems I need a history lesson, but first, what is thia Azure Alliance you mentioned?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »

Kya sighed.

"The Empire... The Empire as you would have known it has splintered. There are three Principalities that oppose the current Empress. Togarini, Remo, and Bellafonte all oppose the Empire. They..."

She hesitated, not sure how much she should give away.

"It is suspected that a war is coming soon. I was sent out here to command this group and look for information that they were organizing bandits against our people in an attempt to weaken us. We found a note on the bandit leader that brought us here and... well... It looks like our suspicions were correct. It is likely that all out war is on the horizon."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37