Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 26836 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:05 am »

Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather

The small group of recruits of the Order sent to the Balthus Mountains now march north, towards Galgados. The Principalty of Galgados, known by it's high mountains and fertile valleys, has been recently known to be home to political strife, as Prince Victor Daorland died recently in an accident and his three children are now fighting a subtle war of politics and influence to gain their father's position.

But why would any of the Daorland's supply weapons to bandits outside of its borders? Dark secrets are hidden within the Principalty, and it seems like it is time for the Order of Heavens to pay a visit. For now though, their objective is in the border, where the deceased leader of the bandits had to meet with an unknown master.

Dusk is near. After resting in the Balthus Fort for a day, you have travelled north towards the border with Galgados. It's been a few days now, and it seems like you are now near the fortress of Tonitrua. In ancient times a small fort guarding the road to Galgados, it was destroyed shortly after the War of God by natural disasters. You can see its keep a bit far away, high above the trees surrounding the ruins.

It's now only a short walk from your position, but you know there must be someone waiting around here, so you slow down a bit. And you can see someone on top of the cliffs that separate you from your destination.

"Are you lost, travellers? This old road is not as safe as the royal road. There are rock slides the moment it rains a bit, and it looks to me like there is one big storm coming. Perhaps you would like to go back and look for another way to get to Galgados."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter I: Unpredictable Weather
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:24 am »

"How nice of you to warn us of the danger robed man, that make me wonder what are you doing in such a dangerous route?"
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2014, 08:05:00 am »

Saresh grimaced. It would probably be better to let their CO speak- Of course, prompting her in such a fashion wasn't likely a great idea.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2014, 09:00:52 am »

: "..."
Hix gives a wary stare as his eyes narrow from under his hood. He crosses his arms, book in one hand, as he stands his ground.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »

Kautof kicks Varion, lightly, glancing at their commanding officer pointedly when he inevitably turns back to look at him.

One hand rests on his sword hilt, however, as he inspects the terrain surrounding them, keeping an eye on the robed man.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »

Kya grimaced slightly and the spoke.

Your warning is appreciated, but we have business that takes us along this road. Perhaps you could help our journey by telling us what you and any others are doing here? The sooner we get that information, the sooner we can be on our way."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2014, 05:22:46 am »

"I don't think you are in a position to make demands, young lady."

As he says this, a number of armed men come from the forests and the cliffs. They are armed to the teeth with heavy weapons. They look like mercenaries, not like simple bandits.

"Perhaps now you will rethink your attitude. You are of they Order of Heaven, are you not? It seems those bandits could not be trusted. I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to leave. Surrender and no harm will be done to you."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

Kya drew her sword and pointed it at the man.

"Then I have my answer. I am Kya Frey, member of the third order, and it is you who should surrender. You are charged with inciting attacks against the Empire, and you will pay for your crimes!"

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:43 am »

"A Frey, huh? It seems the nepotism and incompetence of the Child Empress knows no limits. Well, it will work on our favor. Why don't we see how much that spoiled child values her own kin?"

His comments about the Empress where met with laughs by the mercenaries, who continued to joke about that with several remarks, mainly about the Empress probably being too busy playing with dolls to care about that.

"Gentlemen, take the young lady, she will be useful. Kill the others. Let's give them a taste of what their beloved Empire will suffer."

Meanwhile, not too far, a young woman walked through the woods. She had been following the tracks of the mercenary group that killed her comrades for almost a week. She had finally found them, and it seemed she had arrived just in time, as they had ambushed a group of travellers. Only after a while did she realized the travellers were Knights of the Order of Heavens, the Empress' personal army. It seemed like none of the groups had noticed her yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2014, 12:13:16 pm »

"I think you will find us a harder target than that. I will die before I let you take me. To arms, men! We fight for the Empress!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2014, 02:10:00 pm »

The mounted knight flourished his lance, pointing the tip at the enemy forces. "I hope you have your affairs in order- Your lives are now forfeit."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2014, 04:26:20 pm »

"The Order of Heaven...?" The young bandit muttered. "Well, these mercenaries need a right krumpin', and the enemy of yer enemy is yer friend, right?"

She saw the obvious boss of the mercenaries, and gritted her teeth in anger.

"Hoy! Knights of the Order!" She bellowed to the travellers. "These guys need a right killin'! The bastard in tha' robe is mine! Stay outta my way!"

She brandished her heavy axe towards the boss of the mercs.

"Remember me, you bastard! You killed all my people! I'll have your skull as a mask for that, ya bastard!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2014, 07:51:41 am »

Who is that woman? Well, it doesn't matter. We can't leave witnesses. Kill her too.

Player Phase 1

Enemy Stats
Allied Stats

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 44/100

Spoiler: Victory Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:08:51 am by Khaiel »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2014, 08:28:21 am »

"See? What did i tell you about random individual in isolated mountain pass..."

Varion seems to not care how little sense he is making as he move to 8,13 bracing for impact.
"So which one of you want to try me first?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:49:37 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2014, 01:42:23 pm »

Hix rushes to 7,14 and blasts the Pikeman.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37