Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: You are a reawakened Tribal mask (RPSG)  (Read 32374 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: You are a Tribal mask (SG)
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2014, 05:18:11 pm »

I propose entering the scar in the earth, shifting to a resting position, and attempting to commun(icat)e with intelligences both on this world and outside, making sure to break contact quickly at the first sign of malevolence. Emphasis should be placed on beings of great coherence or organization. This will probably help exercise our Mind energy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

I propose entering the scar in the earth, shifting to a resting position, and attempting to commun(icat)e with intelligences both on this world and outside, making sure to break contact quickly at the first sign of malevolence. Emphasis should be placed on beings of great coherence or organization. This will probably help exercise our Mind energy.
I agree with this, although we should be /Extremely/ careful.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2014, 05:30:49 pm »

((I think it is flawed that we can't vote against something.))
"Hmmm... Let's magic you up and keep going."
Cast a spell using water and mana to make sure our plant friend won't die or anything.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

((I think it is flawed that we can't vote against something.))
"Hmmm... Let's magic you up and keep going."
Cast a spell using water and mana to make sure our plant friend won't die or anything.
+1

(There is always persuading the agreeing people or amending the proposals as sabotage until no one can actually agree on it or the great classic of filibustering (which may or may not work in here).)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:38:42 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2014, 05:41:24 pm »

((But at least as many people disagreed with attracting random people as agreed to it.))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2014, 05:47:29 pm »

(Shall we change the voting model to some supermajority? We can propose a rules change like that and probably have it pass easily. Maybe something like 70% will be better than whatever it is now.)

ADDIT:
(Actually, I may as well start that off now.)
I propose that future proposals require 70% of the vote to pass. Discuss furiously and amend (especially the required proportion).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:49:50 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:48 pm »

(The only real problem with that is that people on these forums tend to drop off the face of the earth on occasion, so how do i determine who counts for a vote? maybe an actual voting session every so often, and people that opt in to that meeting would be counted toward it, or something?)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2014, 07:13:20 pm »

I would suggest a two turn delay on not directly relevant proposals with the ability to vote against them.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2014, 09:58:06 pm »

(What about if it counts only people who actually vote yes/no? This way, abstention produces no net effect on the results, and voting no actually affects the outcome.

On voter registration (Yay loaded political terms :P), that might also help with the disappearance problems too. Are votes currently counted based on recently active people, total registered players, or something else? This might have a significant effect on what policy to adopt.

Regarding the two-turn proposal votes, it seems like "not directly relevant" may be somewhat subjective. Perhaps people could instead vote to put off certain proposals? In this case, I recommend requiring only a significant minority (say 30%) to move for a delay to cause a delay, although by this point, we may be creating a slightly overcomplicated system.)

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2014, 01:50:07 am »

Since the nature of magic in this world is unknown to us (And magic seems to have great connection to it), We propose that we reach out to it. To discern it's shape and flow, It's depth and ebb. How it flows across the universe and touches all things.
What we mean is study/sense the magic of this world so that we know what type it is and how it works. Is there leylines for example? how can it be directed and focused, Not to mention spread out. we wish to learn. that is our proposal, to learn more about magic and it's nuances.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2014, 11:51:08 am »

(What about if it counts only people who actually vote yes/no? This way, abstention produces no net effect on the results, and voting no actually affects the outcome.

On voter registration (Yay loaded political terms :P), that might also help with the disappearance problems too. Are votes currently counted based on recently active people, total registered players, or something else? This might have a significant effect on what policy to adopt.

Regarding the two-turn proposal votes, it seems like "not directly relevant" may be somewhat subjective. Perhaps people could instead vote to put off certain proposals? In this case, I recommend requiring only a significant minority (say 30%) to move for a delay to cause a delay, although by this point, we may be creating a slightly overcomplicated system.)
By not directly relevant I mean neither us nor our host would be endangered by putting it off.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »

Various proposals have been made, which pass in inter-agreement. new ministry laws have been added!

(I base votes on total people in the game. but yeah, adding the ability to vote "No" should help things along. Now you will have to pay close attention to proposals, as 1 vote can make or break one at the current population.)

You and your host enter the scar, and you both begin meditating, seeing if there is truly any life in the inky blackness, several small beasts, bugs, 1 or two humans on the very edge of your sense, and a sealed force, trapped in a cage of magic and light meet your psychic gaze, but you detect no true malevolence, hunger, anger, indignation, frustration, these things are all floating around, their sources varied and many.

Spoiler: Shattered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »

To the caged being! Helping it may help us and as it is caged it will likely pose little threat at this time.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2014, 07:11:30 pm »

Perhaps, but what if there is a reason it is caged? It may be dangerous by its very nature, not through any ill will towards anyone.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2014, 08:38:39 pm »

I suggest probing it first to examine the properties of the cage. If it does not appear to have anomalously high power or the potential to destroy us, we may as well begin absorbing the cage's essence.

Summary:
Yes/+1 to Ivory's recommendation of helping on the condition that the caged being is not much stronger than us.
Recommendation/proposal to free the caged being by absorbing its prison if we judge it to be safe.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30