Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: You are a reawakened Tribal mask (RPSG)  (Read 32383 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Tribal mask (SG)
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

I vote in favor of killing the boar. It shall be a good way for Greensign to get used to his new form. However, I also think after we complete this monolith, we should continue on our journey. After all, waiting around for followers who have never heard of our deeds will not be worth the missed opportunity to gain fame. Especially since the Ents are probably the only ones who are aware of us. And if we just draw people here without them knowing of us, the energy of their worship may not be as strong. I agree that it would be better to do some deeds and gain fame before we start trying to attract random people.

+1 to boar killing, -1 to waiting around. Also, +1 to absorbing as much Primal Earth energy as the land is willing to give us. I think that was a proposal. If it isn't, propose it.

((Darn ninja Kevak.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »

There should be a good deal of hope energy wafting around the ent village due to the slaying of a monster that terrorized the forest. I suggest we collect various emotional energies there for later use.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »

There should be a good deal of hope energy wafting around the ent village due to the slaying of a monster that terrorized the forest. I suggest we collect various emotional energies there for later use.
+1. I predict that we will benefit especially from curiosity energy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2014, 10:25:43 am »

You cast Gain knowledge on the berries, they grow minute amounts of chaotic and magical energy, in a good season the chaotic energies get powerful enough to play little pranks on the things that eat them.
minute amounts of chaotic and magical energy, in a good season the chaotic energies get powerful enough to play little pranks on the things that eat them.
in a good season the chaotic energies get powerful enough to play little pranks on the things that eat them.
((Mother of god! We've created Poison Joke!))
I vote in favor of killing the boar. It shall be a good way for Greensign to get used to his new form. However, I also think after we complete this monolith, we should continue on our journey. After all, waiting around for followers who have never heard of our deeds will not be worth the missed opportunity to gain fame. Especially since the Ents are probably the only ones who are aware of us. And if we just draw people here without them knowing of us, the energy of their worship may not be as strong. I agree that it would be better to do some deeds and gain fame before we start trying to attract random people.

+1 to boar killing, -1 to waiting around. Also, +1 to absorbing as much Primal Earth energy as the land is willing to give us. I think that was a proposal. If it isn't, propose it.

((Darn ninja Kevak.))
Agreed. I think part of the earlier plan was to make it difficult to find so our enemies cannot find it unless they know exactly where it is.
I begin attempting to attune to mana and mind energy as we did with nature.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:31:28 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »

Come to think of it, how much would our enemies actually gain from being able to reach the monolith?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2014, 01:21:00 pm »

They could destroy it and ambush any pilgrims and converts.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2014, 01:28:18 pm »

Why would we have enemies in the first place early on?

By the time we have enemies, the monolith should have sufficient enchantments to defend itself and nearby pilgrims.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2014, 01:44:28 pm »

What about other churches? Our god is dead. Some people may want to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:15:38 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »

It's been aeons. Would they even remember our God?

And remember, I said early on. I fully intend to give the Monolith defenses to protect itself and nearby pilgrims by the time other religious factions gain awareness of it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »

I tend toward thinking that simple belief in our existence will bring us more power, whether it comes from enemies or followers, but having the Monolith defend itself sounds like a good idea. It may even inspire conversions, which I speculate will produce more power than continued belief by current followers.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2014, 03:20:07 pm »

Probably. They're gods. Plus they may see our quest as a threat to their power even if they do not know our god.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2014, 04:03:33 pm »

We could also give the Monolith a way to cause a feedback loop with local energy, resulting in increased and easily accessible local energy for followers and ourselves to draw upon as time passes, maybe later on give the Monolith its own mind so it can continue to benefit the world even should we fail in our quest or are absent from the area nearby it for a long time.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »

We could also give the Monolith a way to cause a feedback loop with local energy, resulting in increased and easily accessible local energy for followers and ourselves to draw upon as time passes, maybe later on give the Monolith its own mind so it can continue to benefit the world even should we fail in our quest or are absent from the area nearby it for a long time.
+1. This can also work as a defense mechanism to overload intruders quite easily. Mind blasts? Rapid mineralization of flesh? Straightforward total incineration? Conversion to plant life? Poison clouds? Forced conversion to our following? Time-perception-based paralysis? Simple rockfall? The possibilities are truly endless.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2014, 04:26:04 pm »

+1. This can also work as a defense mechanism to overload intruders quite easily. Mind blasts? Rapid mineralization of flesh? Straightforward total incineration? Conversion to plant life? Poison clouds? Forced conversion to our following? Time-perception-based paralysis? Simple rockfall? The possibilities are truly endless.
We should probably make a sort of network for the Monoliths to access, since I think we will likely be making multiple Monoliths, may as well make a power network to tap from and so they can share information amongst one another.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

Topaz makes a proposal. Amethyst makes a proposal, which passes.

The hunt begins, you seek out a boar, and your host kills it with ease, you study its life forces, and discover that it only exists in a body while it is alive, as expected, however, the bones and brain contain what you believe is a small soul, which you sift over to the tusks for study.  your host carves the ivory tusks from it and bring them to thew shrine, where you begin to absorb large amounts of earth energy, using it to summon the stones and wood of your brethren, setting them all throughout the shrine, and placing the ivory in it's slot in turn. One tusk remains, You also give your monument a positive tug using emotional energies from the village of ents.  At long last after your hard work, your journey begins, after walking for a time you find few landmarks other than an out of place cactus.  you make good time, eventually finding yourself at the precipice of a savanna, and beyond that, a desert. several plants and animals wander about. Within sight are a few points of interest, a scar in the land, looking deep and dangerous, a series of caves, both looking dry as bone and covered in mosses and vines, and a massive hot spring. you could also continue on going west.

Spoiler: Shattered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30