Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: You are a reawakened Tribal mask (RPSG)  (Read 32297 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Tribal mask (SG)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »

The Jasper Stone: Okay, to rephrase that so we sound less like we're out to manipulate you to your detriment...  We are in need of aid and guidance, as we are searching for our lost brothers, and our young friend here offered to bring us to speak with you.  We may be able to help you in return.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

"You say your magic drew to you one who could help? then I suppose there is nothing I can do, however! Little Greensign has yet to prove his own worth for such a journey. A test is required, and I believe I have just the thing. There is a beast deep within our home, which we have trapped through our communion with nature. you and the child shall go, and release it's fell spirit. you may choose a weapon that the boy could feasibly take with him, and we shall request it from the trees for you. Defeat this beast, and you have our blessing to fulfill your own wishes.

Grand Ivy, are you sure I am destined to end Yojimbo, the beast of black water? greensign says hesitantly, unsure of his own worth, as the elder has put into question.

I am sure, little Greensign. Now choose! commune between yourself an the denizens of the shattered as to what you request for a weapon.  The elder says with an air of finality, perfectly confident in the young plant's abilities.

The boy exits the hut, kicking at the dirt and sheepishly asks.  "I am sorry, Shattered ones, this is merely the ways of our village, if I should fail, you will be provided a trip to wherever you desire, and left to your own devices, while I shall be shamed until I prove myself some other way. I assure you your journey shall not be hindered by me if I am unable to assist you." He says, "But enough of such sad things, what do you think we should request? this is so exiting, the elder rarely requests something from the trees, save for homes and walls!"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

((So we gain nature power from plants but how exactly does that work?))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »

((you can force it, by draining the plant in question, but since you have been perfectly reasonable, you can gain passive nature energy if you request it. so long as you are in this particular forest, and have been doing general hobnobbery for the plants. Ents count towards this imaginary treehugging quota.))

((On an unrelated note, once the mask gains enough energy, I am going to upgrade this to a full on Rpg, where players can do their own small actions, along with suggesting ones for the whole, does this sound like a good idea?))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »

[That sounds grand.]

Jasper: Beasts are capable fighters, and to take a weapon as such is to fight the beast on its own terms.  Take a lesson from the humans instead.  Ask the forest for a trap.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:40 pm »

Well let's not be too hasty. we need time to gather energy from the forest and gain intel. Tell us more about this "Yojimbo".

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 06:31:50 am »

Ask for a scorpion to strike it down from a distance the little emerald calls.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »

Between scorpions and traps, your different portions buzzing with ideas, you decide to hold off until you reach a better consensus.  Requesting some more information, and time to gather energy. Greensign answers

"Yojimbo is a terrible monster, his claws are sharp as volcanic glass, and strong as seekerstone, he bleeds a black substance everywhere he goes, which erupts in flames from time to time, he also breathes a fell miasma from several holes along his body, but his most terrifying power is that he knows neither fear nor pain. Some brave warriors that have survived his wrath spoke of two weaknesses, and that is a plate of his armored skin, which has come loose, and spills the black blood, and his mind, which prevents him from leaving paths and trails. he is capable of making these however, if he feels it necessary."

you request some energy from the plants around you, and they oblige, waiting patiently for your next miracle to be provided to them, this energy filled your natural reserves to 19/26, and as you can feel, made you a tiny bit more attuned to it. maybe you can find other sources of energy to draw from as well, in time.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »

Seems like the best plan would be to lure it into a dead end and use our power to ask plants to grow over it trapping him before we go for the kill. I would suggest a lance. If it's made of wood we might be able to help you aim.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

The rest of your opinions silent, you decide the best course of action would be to lure it into a dead end, and then trap it using natural magics, before going in for the kill.

"Hmm, yes. If we could restrain it long enough, a lance could pierce it's body, the trees will provide whatever they deem fit. if it being made of wood shall help us, then wood it shall be.

You decide to deliberate among yourself one last time before going to make your request, to make sure you are completely sure of your plan.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:20 pm »

Post response tomorrow

Sleepy times now

School starts tomorrow

Blargh

- A poem
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »

you sit around in awkward silence, none of your voices speaking for or against the proposed plan of action.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »

th emerald approves.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2014, 02:35:09 pm »

mmmm. Yes. No! Yes.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »

Topaz: Yes, but first, make sure we have enough energy and can deliver it at a high enough power that the beast does not end up breaking free before we get a chance to kill it.

(I am tempted to use color shenanigans, but it probably will not add much anyway.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30