Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still no hair thread stockpile?  (Read 1392 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Still no hair thread stockpile?
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:45:42 am »

Just to be sure I'm not missing something - there is no hair thread stockpile, and it's still clogging dyer's and farmer's workshops, right? I thought I've seen reports it can be move by dwarves (other than dumping), but I apparently cannot do it.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Still no hair thread stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:03:49 am »

Right, hair thread. Not yarn.

Try... building a hospital, maybe? Hospitals tend to stock thread for suturing in the chests you build in there (maybe) and they actually do use hair thread for that sometimes. One of my dwarves back in 34.11 got forbidden beast hair sutures.

No guarantees that I know what I'm talking about here.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Still no hair thread stockpile?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:19:44 am »

If there is a way to move it about besides dumping, it's news to me. It sure would be nice though.

You could get it into a hospital, but it would likely take a bit of micro work to have your Dwarves actually bring the hair thread instead of grabbing anything else you have. At least I think they will bring it to the zone, they do use it for suturing like Minnakht mentioned, not 100% they will put it in hospital chests.

I tend to avoid letting them store cloth or thread in my Hospital zones so I can have a little more control over what they use with stockpiles. Not that my doctors don't still completely ignore the thread three tiles away from the bleeding dwarf and grab that one thread half way across the fort from time to time anyways.