Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the map be rendered unusable, what path should the game take?

Adventure!
Deathmatch!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 3: STILL ALIVE  (Read 48679 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Mean Green Map-Altering Machine
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2014, 12:30:13 pm »

A three man team just shows you don't have enough confidence in yourself and your teammate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2014, 06:33:59 pm »

Well, I'm in then. So, who wants to bet on how long I'll survive. I'll be very surprised if I get to my third turn.

Start running and don't stop. Avoid the guntank as much as possible, using the buildings as cover. Test wand against the nearest tree/plant/person that seems hostile. Jump in the lake if for some reason I get set on fire.

Probably too many actions for one turn but they're mostly conditional anyway.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »

Well, I'm in then. So, who wants to bet on how long I'll survive. I'll be very surprised if I get to my third turn.

Start running and don't stop. Avoid the guntank as much as possible, using the buildings as cover. Test wand against the nearest tree/plant/person that seems hostile. Jump in the lake if for some reason I get set on fire.

I'm betting not past the first turn. Sorry
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »

Yeah that's basically my bet too. No hard feelings or whatever.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »

My money is on dead in first turn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2014, 10:33:00 pm »

Aww, I was all pumped that we might get another turn soon, then realized we were missing Kingbodz.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2014, 11:02:32 am »

Wait for death
My legs are fucked.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Loot?
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »

Wait for death
My legs are fucked.

His legs fucked beyond any hope of recovery, Darren breathes a heavy sigh and waits for death. Fortunately (or unfortunately), death arrives rather quickly, in the form of a young woman in a bright orange suit carrying an enormous serrated sword, which comes to life as it approaches Darren and shreds him apart like a chainsaw through warm butter.

(Beirus luk: 3+6)

As the jagged sword literally consumes what remains of Darren, a small atomizer bottle filled with a midnight blue liquid falls into the tank. Pretty as it may be, there's nothing about it that seems any different than a normal perfume bottle, although Smartmouth probably could tell you a thing or twenty about it.

Soo.... Earthbending go?

Create an earthen barrier, then draw earth from around me to lift me and the barrier upwards until I can see over those crystals.
Once I can see them, try to engulf the largest collection of people (that would be the Tank Team + Roach) in an earthy grave.

Split off my section of island and cause the main mass to fall crashing to the ground below.

Split the island roughly in half, causing the side with orange, pink, brown, and purple to crash downwards. If the side of the island I'm on starts to fall instead, use the orbs power to lift it up and keep it above the other side, slide it over so that it's literally above the other side, so that if I die the infidels underneath get crushed anyways.

(Flabort aff: 5+5)

Focusing your power through the sphere, you attempt to shatter the island and cast the majority of it to the far-away ground. However, all you manage to do is create a floating platform of earth beneath you. While it's a nice platform, and quite sizable, it's still a long way from the earth-shattering effect that you were hoping for.

Thought Derm was attacking Roach with Turbanfu.

Anyway, flabort needs to explode in emeralds. Because I can do that. And I'm faster. You, sir, are fucked.

Different actions were sent all sneaky like.
Bolding errors.
Run in the lake so fast the map floods.
Well, I'll just keep doing what I can only do.

Continue pestering the Green Team

Or not.

PM
Go breakdance in front of the tank.

(Beirus aff: 1+6)
(Derm spd: 2+2+2)
(Ragnarok spd: 1+6+10)
(Roach spd: 4+6)
(Toboggan spd: 3+6)
(Morgan spd: 2-1)

(Ragnarok spd: 4+6+10)
(Ragnarok str: 2+2-10)

(Beirus aff: 6+6+10)
(Ragnarok end: 5-2-10)
(Morgan end: 1-1)
(Roach str: 6-3)

(Derm aff: 2+2+4)
(Roach end: 6+6)

Utilizing his powers of fast, Ragnarok sprints out onto the lake and begins to go in circles, failing to flood the map but succeeding in creating a whirling vortex of water and emerald chips, which he is promptly sucked into. Meanwhile, by the tank, Toboggan switches his dial to the ranged setting, and begins to breakdance in front of the tank. While failing to so much as phase Derm or Beirus, his sick moves catch The Roach's attention, who immediately heads out from the relative safety of under the tank to join in. Knowing an opportunity when he sees one, Beirus raises his scepter again, sending another emerald pulse through the map. Atop his waterspout, Ragnarok suddenly notices the emerald flakes carried by the wind begin to grow to the size of shortswords, and he is turned into a smear of red goo not moments afterwards. In the tower, Morgan suffers a similar fate, impaled by an emerald stalactite that suddenly sprouted from the roof. While Toboggan is just outside the range of the wave, The Roach is caught in the fringe, and finds himself not impaled or lacerated, but encased from the shoulders down in green gems. Seeing this, Derm leaps down from the tank and throws a mean right-cross at The Roach, made even meaner by the burst of ki that erupts from his fist as it collides with its target. However, The Roach has survived worse. Far worse. And as the force of the punch shatters his emerald prison while leaving his body completely unharmed, he thinks that he may live long enough to survive worse still.

(Beirus luk: 5+6+6)

With Smartmouth out killing things with the sword and Derm facing off against The Roach on the ground, Beirus finds himself alone in the tank. Which is odd, because he can swear that something in the seat next to him just OHGODWHATINTHENAMEOFFUCKEVENISTHAT? For less than a fraction of a second, something appears in the driver's seat of the tank before vanishing from existence, leaving Beirus to wonder if he's losing his mind. Whatever that something was, it doesn't appear again, and there doesn't seem to be any other new loot in the tank.

DARREN, MORGAN, AND RAGNAROK ARE DEAD! CHARLES BARKLEY SPAWNS AS BROWN, THE GENTLEMAN SPAWNS AS PURPLE, AND RED SPAWNS AS PINK!
(Barkley luk: -1-6)

Charles Barkley's waiver becomes a long silver javelin b-ball with a spider motif, perfectly weighted for throwing slamming.

(Gentleman luk: 6+2)

The Gentleman's waiver becomes an ornate crossbow carved from ivory, made to resemble a man lying spread-eagle. It comes with a quiver full of ebony quarrels, tipped with heart-shaped lumps of grey metal.

(Red luk: 4+3)

Red's waiver transforms into an old-fashioned hand cannon made from solid gold, covered in intricate designs of serpents and eagles. It looks like something that one would find in an old ruin, or an estranged relative's garage sale.

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:00 am »

..."Well. You are getting annoying. I believe it's time to get rid of you."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2014, 12:46:35 am »

"Hullo? Anyloot here?"

Greencovery operation commences. Fuck with my loot and I will kill everyone spawning in until I get another Lootcyclopedia. If you fuck with my loot, I hope you enjoy spawning and going back to the wait list. Also, if my loot lives through this turn I may start taking requests to find out what your loot does.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:00:29 am by Beirus »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2014, 05:09:54 am »

Eh, thanks, this is what I call... A Punchline!

Punch Derm
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2014, 08:38:48 am »

Crush the cabin with my floating earth chunk, and float under the island on it afterwards.
The Cyan Menace

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:13 am »

Look at Beirus getting all the kills
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2014, 02:08:18 pm »

I am dissapointed by underwhelming "sunder earth"
If 5+5 was not enough, I must try harder to get loot to boost that power
The Cyan Menace

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2014, 02:29:59 pm »

Tapdance.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29