Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your most lavish meal  (Read 1346 times)

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
Your most lavish meal
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:21:09 pm »

This one is definitely the most expensive lavish meal stack I've ever seen: [100] with a value of 60k. I don't think I've ever seen one worth over 20k, definitely not more than 30k:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ingredients are pretty homogenous though:

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Your most lavish meal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:28:02 pm »

This one is definitely the most expensive lavish meal stack I've ever seen: [100] with a value of 60k. I don't think I've ever seen one worth over 20k, definitely not more than 30k:

The ingredients are pretty homogenous though:

At least your dwarves are getting plenty of roughage.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:22:23 pm »

I guess this sort of thing will go away with a functioning economy.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »

I noticed that I had a stack of 400 forgotten beast meat, and 203 forgotten beast meat... I then disabled everything else for cooking, and put my legendary cook onto the job. The resultant meal is over 80k worth
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »

I thought lavish meals always had exactly 4 ingredients.  Is this a bug similar to Planepacked where you can put more than that many ingredients in a meal?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:20:07 pm »

I thought lavish meals always had exactly 4 ingredients.  Is this a bug similar to Planepacked where you can put more than that many ingredients in a meal?
It's 4 stacks of ingredients. The description is listing individual items, I think.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 12:42:50 am »

wheres that thread where someone posted a Sperm whale meat meal that was worth several million Dorfbucks?
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:15:25 am »

Mine..

This is a stack of 414 masterfully prepared prepared sauropod devil intestines roast created by Avuz Kokeblogem.  The ingredients are exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil eye, exceptionally minced sauropod devil meat, exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil lung and exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil intestines. 

Don't remember how much it was worth, but making this (a clown roast) was on my DF bucket list.  8)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

Mine..

This is a stack of 414 masterfully prepared prepared sauropod devil intestines roast created by Avuz Kokeblogem.  The ingredients are exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil eye, exceptionally minced sauropod devil meat, exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil lung and exceptionally minced prepared sauropod devil intestines. 

Don't remember how much it was worth, but making this (a clown roast) was on my DF bucket list.  8)

Sounds like an infernal omelette!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.