Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 432274 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #1425 on: June 08, 2015, 09:07:37 am »

Well, I've been arrested 3 times already, I'm a grown man, and while I've never been threatening to police, I've never had a Belgian policemen draw his gun on me. I've got friends who have been more threatening (insulting police etc...) and I also have never seen a policeman draw his gun on them...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:03 am »

Well, I've been arrested 3 times already, I'm a grown man, and while I've never been threatening to police, I've never had a Belgian policemen draw his gun on me. I've got friends who have been more threatening (insulting police etc...) and I also have never seen a policeman draw his gun on them...

Arrested for what?

And you know how gun-happy us Americans are about guns. Well, not ALL Americans obviously (I don't own a gun myself), but the culture in general, also, this was in TEXAS.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

Civil disobedience, protests, that kind of stuff.

I mean, even that time where police stopped me for openly carrying a halberd (which I still think I had the right to, halberds aren't prohibited in Belgium), they didn't pull their guns (although they were nervous and had their hands on their guns).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:14:52 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 08, 2015, 09:49:54 am »

Did they arrest you the halberd-time, or just check you?
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 08, 2015, 10:04:22 am »

Well, the stopped me, searched me and confiscated my halberd and a gladius-like georgian sword I had in my backpack. To be fair, the Bloody Mary stains on my shirt didn't help much.

The worst part was going back to the police station to get my weapons back: I had to ask my mom to drive me there (because the police didn't want me to walk around with them, and I don't have a licence), and while I was trying really hard to look sorry and promise I wouldn't do it again, my mom was just bend over laughing behind me.

P.S. And no, I didn't charge them (in which case I guess they would have drawn their guns), I laid my weapons down when they asked me, and tried to look as friendly as possible with a red-stained shirt, a kilt and a halberd.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 08, 2015, 10:16:38 am »

out of curiosity, why were you walking in the streets geared for medieval warfare?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 08, 2015, 10:17:23 am »

Ren fair, presumably.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 08, 2015, 10:26:07 am »

Nah, there had been a disguised party at a friend's place the night before (which also explain the bloody mary stains).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 08, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

We're only a year or two from cops tasing toddlers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 08, 2015, 10:47:44 am »

I'm kind of curious why there's only 2 cops when sending 2 squad cars (4 police) would of simply saved all the BS of cuffing kids. Honestly even with only the 2 of them there's no reason for that, I mean does it actually matter if they get away? & Why pull the gun? I've seen violent criminals arrested with less use of force then happens there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 08, 2015, 10:50:52 am »

Think you mean a year or three past, RK. Technically they missed their target, but...

Does look like younger kids getting zapped isn't exactly uncommon, though. Toddlers appear rare, but pre-teen? Not common, per se, but it apparently happens often enough it's worth noting.

E: Also looks like there's a handful of news reports out there of pregnant women getting tase'd. Forget toddler, they're going for the unborn :-\
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:53:14 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 08, 2015, 10:55:27 am »

Actually, according to reports I've read, 12 officers responded. Which seems equally insane.

"All units, all units, we have a 637 in progress! Black kids trying to use a white swimming pool!"

Seriously, the deal is that the pool is in an upper-middle class neighborhood and that they "didn't have permission to be there". So, probably a gated community that freaked out when "those people" showed up.

Even in the video, there's at least three cops -- the Chuck Norris wannabe and at least two other cops that at one point grab him and hold him back.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 08, 2015, 11:00:29 am »

That's exactly what it was. Blame the cops for being delusional shitheads, but also blame the racist fuckwits who paid to live in their segregated suburban paradise.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 08, 2015, 11:14:29 am »

About time we got some damn justice: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/south-carolina-slager-indictment-walter-scott/index.html

Suspended, then fired, then charged with murder. That is how you send a message to cops that shooting a fleeing suspect in the back is murder.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:17:33 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1439 on: June 08, 2015, 11:24:22 am »

That's immensely encouraging. It's nice to see that sometimes the law actually happens to itself.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 295