Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Phill Fish Quits Gaming Again...May have lied about getting hacked...  (Read 1431 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phill Fish Quits Gaming Again...May have lied about getting hacked...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 12:41:07 am »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:39:30 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 03:53:25 am »

Worth watching. I hate watching Youtube videos and I sincerely think it's worth the full 20 minutes.

It is weird... even though I am listening to this and know NOTHING about Phil Fish other then he threw a temper tantrum and quite game making and blamed his audience (mostly because I feel like he didn't want to make it in the first place), and I never really talked about him before... I am suddenly really disliking him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyhow basically if you watch the video it is basically a long version of that quote about how the evil in others lies not in them but ourselves or something... I forget the quote. Basically the Walmart episode of South Park except with Phil Fish instead of Walmart.

One second... *checks internet*

Ohhh Fez was sold? For a while I thought Fez was a free game.

Sorry I am giving a stream of consciousness...

And it goes on like that. UGH THE VIDEO MY BRAIN!

---

IN THE END was it worth watching that 20 minute video?

No actually... Not only is it the same anti-celebritism schlock I've heard of 1000 times before, some things I don't agree with, and some things I do but don't think are anything special. In the end this was the most effective anti-phil fish video I ever seen... and it wasn't a anti-phil fish video that constantly tried to make me feel bad about myself even though I've never, or barely (I cannot remember), spoken about Phil Fish before.

It somehow managed to make me feel bad about myself... and I didn't do anything O_o

I DID however like the first 10 minutes of it very much... actually. I liked all of it really... I just don't like feeling bad about myself all the dang time xD

---

Is the Anti-Phil Fish stuff that big? am I that BLESSED by never going to Reddit and 4chan?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:43:26 am by Neonivek »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 05:33:55 am »

Meh, he got things wrong anyway :Peoples don't like that guy for a variety of reasons, just like they hate Nickelback for a variety of reason. That may be for the reasons he cited, or other.

For instance I don't like Sarkeesian because I think that she's a counterproductive hack that got her fame by provoquing the internet for pity point, and then used it to make a serie of absolutely terrible video that get nothing right about their subject and don't even try to. I'm firmly convinced that she's part of the huge circlejerk that plague americain hard left and prevent them from doing anything constructive. Not because I hate women as it is implied by the video.

A lot of peoples will hate Fish for his ego, hipster glasses and are encouraged by the fact that he answer. It's not a good reason but peoples are not really trying to because it's an hobby. if he was part of something important, maybe peoples would give it more though, but right now, they aren't.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 [2]