Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 17016 times)

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2014, 05:00:51 am »

I am not suggesting they were having sex, merely that seven days is a short time to go from a professional relationship to a sexual.

Odd. I'm pretty sure I know people who do this in the space of about an hour.

So do I, but that's usually just after they first meet, not after knowing each other for months. :p
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:53 am »

I asked you what this was about- you linked an article that included her, then mentioned how the reviewer had been in a romantic relationship (!!!) with her some time after the publication of the article. That was complete bullshit, and not at all related to anything (nor a breach of ethics by any sane standard.)

If you can't explain to me why you hate Zoe Quinn- instead of just linking a bunch of articles and muttering under your breath- then there's nothing to discuss.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2014, 05:04:03 am »

I really really think that even if she downright fucked him for this article, that would be a non issue. First because "innocent untill proven guilty" is a thing and you cannot prove that this had any influence on the review at all. For instance I tend to have sex with peoples I like, and it's bloody likely tat I'll like the product of their mind. If he's been charmed by whatever emotional capacities that were involved in making this game, chances are that he'll like the game.

Second, they are not occupying a public and important post that would justify that level of scrutincy. If he was the first secretary of the white house and she was Russia's ambassador, you'd have something. In this case... not so much.

Third, the allegation that peoples supressed the stories are a bit empty since no one will want that kind of thing to happen. Peoples go crazy in these witch hunt, and things always turn ugly. And all that for what? The journalist intergrity of gaming journalist, who are well known to have none? A game no one care about?

I think that what happened is that you guys are bored and found an annoying person that you can hate. Wether it's this girl or Phish Phil, I agree, they are annoying, they wouldn't be my friends, but seriously, cut it out.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2014, 05:05:27 am »

I asked you what this was about- you linked an article that included her, then mentioned how the reviewer had been in a romantic relationship (!!!) with her some time after the publication of the article. That was complete bullshit, and not at all related to anything (nor a breach of ethics by any sane standard.)

If you can't explain to me why you hate Zoe Quinn- instead of just linking a bunch of articles and muttering under your breath- then there's nothing to discuss.

That is your opinion, you are fully entitled to it. Now either contribute to the thread without levelling accusations against me, or leave. Thank you.

As I have said, I do not hate Zoe Quinn. :)
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2014, 05:06:35 am »

If you don't hate her, why have you made this entire thread to sling mud at her ('posting FACTS and EVIDENCE'), and why did you make an account on the RPS forums to sling mud at her?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2014, 05:07:04 am »

I swear you all type too damn fast ;D (Acknowledges there is recognized coverup/suppression)

Because the entirety of your 'evidence' is your opinion. There's nothing solid to it, it's merely your conjecture. And your conjecture is that Zoe Quinn is a terrible person (And there's a conspiracy to keep this out of public eye because ???)

Surely you can find a better place to stoke a mob to hate this person you obsess about?
Lack of buzz-words, general hate mongering, and anger/irritation at being foiled seems to show he is not trying to stoke a mob. He is trying to vent frustration at the perceived situation (real or imagined[by himself or others{probably the latter if anything as all OP images are used by other conspiracy places including IntAristo, which implies either he started the whole thing or is linking others' work}) and spread the collected conjecture (most is as I can't verify even half of it because much of it was done by internet sleuths/hackers)

Underlined is likely because the possible scaminess that is Rebel Jam (GAME_JAM pulled in hundreds of thousands) or the massive influx of money she might be (or potentially) get from her followers. Also if she is discredited it would be much harder to prompt drama-fests that would draw SJW's to donate.

Conjecture of Conjecture. 8) Soon I will be Meta.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:04 am »

I swear you all type too damn fast ;D (Acknowledges there is recognized coverup/suppression)

Because the entirety of your 'evidence' is your opinion. There's nothing solid to it, it's merely your conjecture. And your conjecture is that Zoe Quinn is a terrible person (And there's a conspiracy to keep this out of public eye because ???)

Surely you can find a better place to stoke a mob to hate this person you obsess about?
Underlined is likely because the possible scaminess that is Rebel Jam (GAME_JAM pulled in hundreds of thousands) or the massive influx of money she might be (or potentially) get from her followers. Also if she is discredited it would be much harder to prompt drama-fests that would draw SJW's to donate.

I really don't see the Rebel Jam thing being a massive conspiracy- it might be a scam, but what motivation would major games sites have to not cover it? She can't exactly pay them all off, can she?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2014, 05:18:22 am »

Given the purpose of this thread is to either stoke hatred towards somebody the OP personally dislikes, or just get people angry in general, I wouldn't at all mind it being locked.
I've played some mafia.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2014, 05:20:08 am »

I really don't see the Rebel Jam thing being a massive conspiracy- it might be a scam, but what motivation would major games sites have to not cover it? She can't exactly pay them all off, can she?
If, say, a majority of the sites with any of the information and desire to seek said information's editors and moderators are in some way affiliated with said scam, that could easily pull in the big bucks following another SJW outcry of "For The Quinn!"
Say if she were personally chummy with the head of Kotaku (who has a bit of pull and connections) and the head of Fez (connections) and said connectors told people to lay off on Zoe, while those they can't intimidate/suppress desire to steer clear due to SJW crusades.

Of course all of the above has been insinuated (and not just by Magic) with little 'evidences'. I am skeptical of the whole thing as I can't personally trust the sources, but the fact there are so many on so many different things I don't just believe the stories.

Also note depending on how paypal works it could be simple to separate the money from the account I don't know, but just throwing it out there as I'd prefer not to sound as if I buy in.

Cheeetar: so you don't believe this could at all be an attempt to inform people of what seems to be happening in the indie game industry? It has certainly been enlightening that these events were happening (and some are beyond refute).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:22:25 am by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2014, 05:22:20 am »

Just reset your router and do a quick cookie dump on your browser. It should give you a new IP address and get rid of any cookies they have set up.

Static IP unfortunately. The only time that gets renewed is when my router falls off the interwebz due to my ISP going for the lowest bidder approach to hardware.

I notice you don't really have much of a presence in this community except to attack this person, Magic Missile. 15 of your 18 posts are about this person. What's your stake in the events that are happening?

It also seems you made an account on the RockPaperShotgun forums purely to complain about them. Have they personally done you some sort of wrong, that you feel you must so thoroughly sling mud at them?
How DARE you be upset about and discuss something that makes many outlets and notable individuals relating to your hobby look like scumbags! You CLEARLY have personal stakes in the matter!

lel

Analogy:
A: "I really think Russia should stop fucking about with Ukraine, pull their troops out of the area and just hand over the damn relief convoy to the Red Cross to make everyone happy."
B: "Well, you're clearly affiliated with the new government in Kiev!"

Also, I'm really happy 4chan banded together and basically fed money to a project (TFYC) that's been damaged by Zoe Quinn, and that awareness (and funds) for it are also being raised via TB's Reddit and on other outlets. Even if it is a Cynical attempt at improving one's public image, a legitimately reasonable project is being funded, and may result in an entertaining and worthwhile piece of media.
And, y'know, most of the funds from that go to other charities anyway.

Third, the allegation that peoples supressed the stories are a bit empty since no one will want that kind of thing to happen. Peoples go crazy in these witch hunt, and things always turn ugly. And all that for what? The journalist intergrity of gaming journalist, who are well known to have none? A game no one care about?

It's gone past allegations. There's factual, concrete evidence this has happened.
Hell, how come the Escapist (bar clipping some overly combative posts directed at other forumites) didn't stifle the discussion? Was it merely not wanting to bother fostering and moderating discussion? Because if that's it, then they're clearly in the wrong line of business.

"It might be a scam and supported by borderline-illegal actions, but hey, she deserves the publicity, right? I mean, she does have a vagina after all!"

Given the purpose of this thread is to either stoke hatred towards somebody the OP personally dislikes, or just get people angry in general, I wouldn't at all mind it being locked.
(racial epithet removed)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:12:31 am by Toady One »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2014, 05:22:35 am »

It's kinda bad that apparently somebody is vile enough to hack charities which oppose the Zoe point of view.
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2014, 05:26:05 am »

Seriously, you two, PMs exist. If you're going to go and insult each other (Directly or no), do it in PMs. And preferably retract them all in this thread, else the end result shall be a lock.
+1000000000

Anyway, can someone fill me in on what the scandal actually is? Because at the moment all I'm seeing is a a game developer using "copyright infringement" as a reason to have criticism about her game silenced, and everyone's complaining about it because she slept with someone?

Using copyright to cover up criticism is morally reprehensible, and I will condemn it without question. I can certainly see why people are complaining about that, but what does the rest of the relationship nonsense have to do with it? When did tumblr decide to get its collective knickers in a twist? Why does Zoe come across as being an insufferable whiner? Who invited 4chan? Why is this such a big deal?
It's kinda bad that apparently somebody is vile enough to hack charities which oppose the Zoe point of view.
And why does anyone care enough to do stupid shit like this?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2014, 05:27:23 am »

I notice you don't really have much of a presence in this community except to attack this person, Magic Missile. 15 of your 18 posts are about this person. What's your stake in the events that are happening?

It also seems you made an account on the RockPaperShotgun forums purely to complain about them. Have they personally done you some sort of wrong, that you feel you must so thoroughly sling mud at them?
How DARE you be upset about and discuss something that makes many outlets and notable individuals relating to your hobby look like scumbags! You CLEARLY have personal stakes in the matter!

lel

Analogy:
A: "I really think Russia should stop fucking about with Ukraine, pull their troops out of the area and just hand over the damn relief convoy to the Red Cross to make everyone happy."
B: "Well, you're clearly affiliated with the new government in Kiev!"

A very angry man enters a bar- nobody knows him, and he starts yelling about how terrible Russia is. Perhaps he might have some sort of reason to feel this way? Perhaps we also shouldn't allow this very angry man to keep yelling here?

It's gone past allegations. There's factual, concrete evidence this has happened.
Hell, how come the Escapist (bar clipping some overly combative posts directed at other forumites) didn't stifle the discussion? Was it merely not wanting to bother fostering and moderating discussion? Because if that's it, then they're clearly in the wrong line of business.

Sure. Provide the evidence of 'this' having happened (what exactly is 'this', again?)

"It might be a scam and supported by borderline-illegal actions, but hey, she deserves the publicity, right? I mean, she does have a vagina after all!"

Don't misrepresent what I said. I'll explain it for you very simply.

Even if it's a big scam, there's no way that means there's a huge conspiracy to keep this out of every actual gaming news website.

(response to racial epithet removed)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:13:05 am by Toady One »
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2014, 05:29:01 am »

Thread lock in five!

Seriously, you two, PMs exist. If you're going to go and insult each other (Directly or no), do it in PMs. And preferably retract them all in this thread, else the end result shall be a lock.

*sigh*

Fine, suppose that if you dislike a thread you should go on and try and lock it. Fine, fuck it, enjoy watching everything blow up in your face, if you won't listen, I'm leaving.

It is pretty obvious that Cheeetar is doing everything he can to get this thread locked. I am trying to avoid this happening, but I cannot ban someone from the thread.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2014, 05:30:27 am »

These allegations and personal attacks on me are unwelcome, magicMissile. :)

Also, please don't censor this! I'm merely trying to provide facts and evidence as to what is happening- you're being unethical.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9