Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Auto-designation macro  (Read 13391 times)

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-designation macro
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 08:15:00 am »

I just started playing DF, and this was a HUGE help. Thanks much for working on it.

After reading a bit in the wiki, I came up with a mining exploration macro. It hit s about 90% of a map in one go, in a 26x26 grid.
It takes quite some time for the macro to finish, and even more time to actually dig. (5+ years and still not done, but I think my miners are slacking)

Mining macro - megafile

Thanks again for the work!

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 09:37:00 am »

Heh, I forgot to add, for the folks who don't want to use reveal.  :)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

Any chance of getting this in OpenOffice.org Calc (Its spread sheet program)

Oops, my bad, didn't realize it was  Spreadsheet program independent.

[ April 01, 2008: Message edited by: Kaelem Gaen ]

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »

This post was a link to version 2.0. Unfortunately, it no longer works. Here is the a link to its thread anyways:
Forum thread

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:31:28 pm by Valdemar »

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

Constructions going wacko...

Specifically, my large construction sets aren't working like the prepacked ones. My smaller ones work, as do all digging ones. It irritates me greatly. Although this is mostly because I can't figure out what's wrong.

[ May 01, 2008: Message edited by: Devath ]

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 02:14:11 am »

I've actually released version 2 of this program a while ago, which can <B>instantly</B> designate the pattern using Dwarf Companion. It can't do constructions or furniture though. <P>Forum thread

This link is broken.. any other location/any ETA on a fixed link? I'm interested in being able to just do it in-game once and have it save my work (at least, thats what it sounds like you are saying version 2 does with the help of the dwarven companion utility)

Edit: Here it is: www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=1890.0
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:50:45 am by morikal »

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 07:18:59 pm »

I've uploaded two spreadsheets people might find useful... I didn't get version 2 of the script, so no pngs, sorry. Just the csv files.

Remember to rename them to roomdefx.csv (with x being 1-9, I believe, maybe 0 as well).

The first is the greek cross design from the wiki (the 48 room version): here

The second is a large workshop floor with a large storage floor underneath. The central shaft is left empty. Note that if you build greek crosses below the workshop levels (5 or more levels so noise from the shops isn't a factor), and so long as you keep exploratory mining to the OUTSIDE of the area of the workshop floor, and so long as the crosses are centered on the workshop floors main shaft (build similar stairs there), you will not have a noise issue from exploratory mining. The workshop csv is here.

I had to rename them to .txt files because the stupid geocities file manager doesn't like csv files.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 08:29:53 am »

AUTOMATED FRACTALS!!! :o

You win DF. You win!

d4nte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 12:44:06 am »

Having problems with this utility.....
Created a .csv file with designations
Go into DF and Alt-B to start the macro, which works fine until the first "J" (stairs down) than it skips down 20 rows before intermittently continuing to designate.

Any ideas? Running Vista, DF .40D, using Open Office to create .csv

If anyone can recomend a free file hosting site I'll post a link to the .csv
Cheers

stoned funeral

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 09:16:56 am »

O legendary Valdemar, this artifact of your inspired fey mood is...fucking awesome.

Poring

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »

Go into DF and Alt-B to start the macro, which works fine until the first "J" (stairs down) than it skips down 20 rows before intermittently continuing to designate.

Cheers

same problem here, running on XP with DF .40d9, using the default roomdef1.csv, so its probably not your or your .csv's fault.
I hope there's a way to fix this, this tool really IS awesome.

edit: nevermind, I should read the whole topic before I post.

Ok, I tried some things yesterday and the problem seems to come from the definition of both " and , in the french system (relative to the one for which the macro was written). Without changing the macro, I manage to use it successfuly by deleting the " around every character, except the # where they were necessary.<P>The effect of having " around the Ds was to offset the first D by 2 to the right and downwards, then correct behaviour for the other Ds (as long as it was only Ds and blank spaces). Same thing for any other character in fact. That's why with the  default files there was an issue with every character apart from the Ds.<P>(oh, and I suppect Excel to wreak severe havock with the .csv files on my system. Perhaps due to the fact that , is the decimal separator in the french system, excel kept on asking semicolumns...)

Works fine for me after I did that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:14:43 pm by Poring »

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »

if you could make it activate on mouse click centered on the square the mouse is on, it would you would be really cool. [it would also be cool if you could make a script that translates the mouse position into the the visible position of the one controlled by the arrows]
The great game of Warlocks!

d4nte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:37 am »

Cheers

same problem here, running on XP with DF .40d9, using the default roomdef1.csv, so its probably not your or your .csv's fault.
I hope there's a way to fix this, this tool really IS awesome.

edit: nevermind, I should read the whole topic before I post.

Ok, I tried some things yesterday and the problem seems to come from the definition of both " and , in the french system (relative to the one for which the macro was written). Without changing the macro, I manage to use it successfuly by deleting the " around every character, except the # where they were necessary.<P>The effect of having " around the Ds was to offset the first D by 2 to the right and downwards, then correct behaviour for the other Ds (as long as it was only Ds and blank spaces). Same thing for any other character in fact. That's why with the  default files there was an issue with every character apart from the Ds.<P>(oh, and I suppect Excel to wreak severe havock with the .csv files on my system. Perhaps due to the fact that , is the decimal separator in the french system, excel kept on asking semicolumns...)

Works fine for me after I did that.

Still doesn't work for me... Not using any " or , in the file, just typing the letters in by themselves.

Any suggestions?

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »

Still doesn't work for me... Not using any " or , in the file, just typing the letters in by themselves.

Any suggestions?
It should have quotes and commas. It should look like:

Code: [Select]
"D","D","#"
"D","D","#"
"#","#","#"
The program is designed to read that. If that doesn't work, I really don't know what's up.

d4nte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 02:44:22 am »

Any suggestions?
It should have quotes and commas. It should look like:

Code: [Select]
"D","D","#"
"D","D","#"
"#","#","#"
The program is designed to read that. If that doesn't work, I really don't know what's up.

Nope, tried the " and # as above, made it even worse - started skipping the 20 lines south for each letter as described in an earlier error report.

Has anyone else ran into these problems using open office to generate the .csv?

Could someone post a file of their own that works - maybe I can modify that (maybe something is set up wrong in my open office??)

Otherwise, guess I'll have to go without.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4