Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Store stuff ready to trade at Trade Depot  (Read 2251 times)

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Store stuff ready to trade at Trade Depot
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 04:13:58 pm »

You know, it always did puzzle me that we can't take things to the depot until the last minute...

How about making it an available option at the cost of things left on the depot being vulnerable to the elements, thieves, animals, and the other hazards that face non-stockpiled goods?  That way, it can be a matter of strategy whether you want to risk losing goods in order to save time hauling them there.  Or, just have it available, period.  Either way seems good to me.

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 06:20:29 pm »

You know, it always did puzzle me that we can't take things to the depot until the last minute...

How about making it an available option at the cost of things left on the depot being vulnerable to the elements, thieves, animals, and the other hazards that face non-stockpiled goods?  That way, it can be a matter of strategy whether you want to risk losing goods in order to save time hauling them there.  Or, just have it available, period.  Either way seems good to me.

Don't think that would exactly make sense for a trade depot that's inside.  Mine is deep inside one of my bases... so it would really be strange if thieves stole from it and not my stockpiles.  Then again, DF is a strange game...
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:19:11 am »

My guts tell me Toady wouldn't touch much of that until stores and economy is up again. Anyway a shortcut would be to make a stockpile with bins right next to it and then when the first caravan arrives set every bin to be traded and after that either fill the stockpile with more bins filled with junk or erase the stockpile, once the traders are gone the bins/items will remain on the trade depot (since they don't have anywhere to go). Next time they will be ready to trade if I recall correctly, or it will take a dwarf hover over them for a second to make them selectable for trade.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 04:01:26 am »

Being able to link stockpiles and trade depots like you can stockpiles and workshops would be nice. Anything in linked stockpiles should not need hauling when the traders arrive. Have it limited so that the stockpile needs to be nearby rather than on the other side of the map. The traders would need to intelligently collect any goods you trade with them when they pack up.

Can't help but wonder if the trade depot will get replaced entirely. It's an odd abstraction considering how many items, creatures, and caravans get packed in there. They are kind of dull as is and are ripe for interesting expansion.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:19 am »

I believe they will eventually, perhaps by public markets or they will be expanded upon.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 [2]