Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My creature can't see, and suffocates instantly?  (Read 609 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
My creature can't see, and suffocates instantly?
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:30:29 pm »

So I'm trying to make an evil, ten times bigger, horned, and three headed version of the dog: CERBERUS.
Buuuut... It dies nearly instantly, doesn't fight back, and suffocates in two steps. What's wrong with it? I took the organs and everything directly from the dog, just made a quadruped body with three heads instead of one. What's wrong with it?

[CREATURE:CERBERUS]
   [DESCRIPTION:A large, three-headed carnivore.  It can track any creature with it's three noses.  It has been known to work with others, or gore them with it's horns instead.]
   [NAME:cerberus:cerberi:cerberus]
   [CASTE_NAME:cerberus:cerberi:cerberus]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'C'][COLOR:6:0:0]
   [PETVALUE:300][NATURAL]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [TRAINABLE][PET]
   [BONECARN]
   [PREFSTRING:ferocious heads]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK2:TAIL:6EYES:6EARS:3NOSEs:2LUNGS:6HEAD_HORNS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:3THROATS:3NECKS:3SPINES:3BRAINS:3SKULLS:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
   [BODYGLOSS:PAW]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
   [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
    [PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
      [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
   [TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [HAS_NERVES]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
   [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
   [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
   [PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:0:125000]
   [BODY_SIZE:2:0:300000]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
   [MAXAGE:10:200]
   [ATTACK:GORE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HORN]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:gore:gores]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
   [ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK]
   [ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
   [CHILD:1]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:puppy:puppies]
   [DIURNAL]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10070]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:447:298:149:1900:2900] 70 kph
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
   [SWIMS_INNATE]
   [MUNDANE]
   [CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
   [CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:HAIR]
   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:ECRU:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:HAIR]
   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:ECRU:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:ears:PLURAL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:HAIR]
            [TLCM_NOUN:tail:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
            [TLCM_NOUN:head:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE1:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE2:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE3:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE4:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE1:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE2:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE3:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE4:HAIR]
            [TLCM_NOUN:front paws:PLURAL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE1:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE2:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE3:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:RRTOE4:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE1:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE2:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE3:HAIR]
       [PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_TOKEN:LRTOE4:HAIR]
            [TLCM_NOUN:rear paws:PLURAL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_AMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUA:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:1:IRIS_EYE_ASH_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_AUBURN:1:IRIS_EYE_AZURE:1:IRIS_EYE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_BRASS:1:IRIS_EYE_BRONZE:1:IRIS_EYE_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_CERULEAN:1:IRIS_EYE_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_CHOCOLATE:1:IRIS_EYE_CINNAMON:1:IRIS_EYE_COPPER:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_DARK_TAN:1:IRIS_EYE_ECRU:1:IRIS_EYE_EMERALD:1:IRIS_EYE_FERN_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_JADE:1:IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_MAHOGANY:1:IRIS_EYE_MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_OCHRE:1:IRIS_EYE_OLIVE:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BROWN:1:IRIS_EYE_PALE_CHESTNUT:1:IRIS_EYE_PERIWINKLE:1:IRIS_EYE_PINE_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_RAW_UMBER:1:IRIS_EYE_RUSSET:1:IRIS_EYE_SEA_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_SEPIA:1:IRIS_EYE_SKY_BLUE:1:IRIS_EYE_SLATE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_SPRING_GREEN:1:IRIS_EYE_TAN:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_DARK:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_GRAY:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_PALE:1:IRIS_EYE_TAUPE_SANDY:1:IRIS_EYE_TEAL:1:IRIS_EYE_TURQUOISE:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: My creature can't see, and suffocates instantly?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37:09 pm »

Could you put it in a code tag, please? It just helps with clutter.

You might want to check your errorlog to see if there is anything in there.

Are the body parts you defined in the [BODY] tag real? Make sure that the appropriate body parts defined actually exist in a body file, and that spelling is correct.

Normally something like this is caused by there not being a proper thought-type bodypart, such as a brain.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »

Post your error log.

I would imagine some of his body_detail plans arent meshing, offhand.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »

Fixed it! It had some horrible problem with having one spine and three heads, so I put in the bronze colossus' no nervous centre for movement, and the [EXTRAVISION]. the Cerberus is pretty strong, since it feels no pain, but it can be killed by anything larger than it or with good dodging skills.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 09:41:33 pm »

Post your error log.

My COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER is on that one too. Im thinking you didn't define the body type..

If you had you would've likely posted it in here to make sure you didn't make an error in it  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:43:01 pm »

Post your error log.

My COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER is on that one too. Im thinking you didn't define the body type..

If you had you would've likely posted it in here to make sure you didn't make an error in it  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I remembered about an hour ago Body_detail_plan is for defining tissue layers, not BPs.  I hoped nobody would have noticed.  :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!